The Buckle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.2

Sales and Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle (New York, NY).

Interview

Met at a college career fair and set up first interview. First interview was make or break, asked several questions to get to know me and then dug into leadership roles. It almost seemed like they were more interested in seeing if you could hold the conversation and be friendly. During the second interview they wanted me to ask questions before they offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Buckle? What's your style? Leader experience? How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Kokomo, IN).

Interview

It's a super laid back interview process. You go into the store and meet with the manager who is on duty at the time and have a short (around 15-20 minutes) interview standing in the back of the store. The questions are really basic. Wear something you would see an employee wearing while they're working.

Interview Questions

• What leadership roles did you take on while in college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Buckle (Carbondale, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I went into the store to ask for an application. I was told it was online, but an employee let me put my information in an iPad and emailed the application to me. They put their name in as a referral. As soon as I completed the application, I received an email with the number the call to set up an interview. I went to the interview a few days later. We basically discussed my application. It didn't seem as though I was actually being seriously considered for the position. It felt like anyone got an interview, whether or not they were a good candidate. I was emailed a few days later to find out I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• How did your role as a school club president prepare you for a job like this?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was held on the store floor with the manager. It was a very laid back process. By the end of the interview, I was told a benefits/offer package would be put together for me to look over. A few days later, I went back in to look over the packet.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Kansas City, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they replied with an email. In that email they asked me to call the store for an interview. I walked into the store and told a sales associate I was there for an interview and he/she contacted the manager or assistant. Waited about 15 minutes and then had the interview on the sales floor. They ask similar questions as any company would.

Interview Questions

• Why the Buckle? What strengths do you bring? Where do you see yourself in 5 - 10 years?   Answer Question

Sales Teammate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Buckle.

Interview

Went in store and applied, then got an interview. Got asked what kind of leadership positions I was a part of, if I had retail experience, and asked how I would handle customers in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What leadership positions have I experienced?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle.

Interview

Buckle pushes their employees to refer people to work there, so they were very receptive when I walked in on a slow day. They were enthusiastic (possibly because the one who refers you gets cash bonuses), and hooked me up with an interview the next day. I spoke with a district supervisor and store manager, and on my second interview they told me I had the job. Very informal, you talk in the store but the questions are pointed and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here, is it a company you could get behind, what do you know of the company, describe your "style," and a bunch of other questions that arose naturally.   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Novi, MI).

Interview

Very brief meet and greet. Then a couple get to know you questions. Next step was to meet with the store district manager who then asked more in depth questions.

Interview Questions

• What would someone You use to work say about your work ethic?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle (Carbondale, IL).

Interview

They interview you on the floor. The questions are usually about the product in their store. So, knowing if they carry Rock Revival, Miss Me, Bench, Affliction, Daytrip, Sinful, and having an idea of their price points are helpful. Talk about your favorite brands. The fact that they name all of their jeans and shoes....
    Employee referral is the best way to get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you shop at Buckle? If so, what are some of your favorite brands?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Valdosta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I read many of the reviews written here, and I must say that they are spot on. I applied and received the standard email. Instead of calling I waited a few days to see if they would reach out (as I've never been contacted through an email for a job). They called and we set something up. I arrived then was told that the manager would be right with me. So I briefly scanned the store in the meantime. He then pulled me to the back of the sales floor and proceeded to interview me. It lasted about 10-15 minutes. A lot of what he said was just regurgitated banter that I read from these reviews. He hit me with the standard line of they like to "promote from within." This means that you are not hired directly into a position. You'll be a "manager in training" then they will decide if they will promote you upwards to that actual position. Assistant manager is still commissioned based and even though the job posting said it was for either part time or full time, he let me know that many of the leaders work 40+ hours a week.

Overall, I didn't get a good vibe from his demeanor. I think he tried to appear professional but came across as emotionless and cold. His body language was very stiff, his voice was monotoned and he didn't smile once throughout our meeting. Most of what he said I also read throughout glass door reviews so it seemed rehearsed and most importantly it seemed disingenuous. He told me they would email me within 48 hours to let me know if I got the job.

I don't see a job interview as the end-all-be-all. Just as people interview me, I interview them to get a feel for if they are right for me. I'm sure not all Buckle stores are like this, but this one is definitely not for me. I haven't heard back since the interview was earlier this morning but if I was offered the position I would politely decline. Hope this helps!