The Buckle Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Buckle Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Buckle

1.9

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Buckle in March 2016.

Interview

Everything about this interview was a mess so I can't say my view of the company is great either. After applying you're sent an email saying to call the store to schedule an interview. The manager I felt with was rude and didn't want to compromise at all with my schedule knowing I already had a job. After apparently pulling all of her teeth out she agreed to a later interview. On the day
of I made sure to research the position and dressed as close to their style as possible. The interview is done on the floor on the manager will barely pay attention. I was interviewed by the assistant manager because even though the manager was there he just walked away 30 seconds in never to return. The assistant manager stated me down the entire time and after asking what my hobbies were I was met with "So is that what I should expect of you when you're not working?" Uh... Yes? Jesus... So I knew immediately I didn't want or get the job. Fast forward 2 months later and I get an email saying I wasn't accepted. Wow. I'm glad they thought so long about it. Frankly, the pay is crap + commission and the hours are random so please look anywhere else if you need to pay even one bill. Also, you should probably have your hair and makeup done and have a generally high maintenance appearance. Don't even think of skimping on your appearance with this place!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Buckle

Anonymous Employee in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle (Orange Park, FL).

Interview

It's a quick process with general questions you can hear at any other interview. The interview is done on the floor and it's meant to be a casual encounter. So don't dress up too fancy. The best thing to wear would be buckle clothes or look fashionable to show taste and style. The interview is honestly over in about 15 minutes. You receive an email a few days later if you're accepted.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything else I need to know about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Girardeau, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Cape Girardeau, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I got there about 5 minutes early i went to the counter and told them why i was there. They told me to look around for a little bit while they set up the interview. The interview was on the sales floor and we stood the entire time. It only lasted a few minutes and it was very laid back. The questions were very easy and the manager was just reading them off a paper, when it was over she said i would be contacted within the next week either by phone or email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle (Salem, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was emailed to set up an interview over the phone. I called and they gave me an interview for the following week. The first interview was pretty basic. They asked questions about my qualifications and college involvement. At the end, the manager said I was perfect for the position and immediately scheduled me for a second interview that took place 10 days later. For the second interview I was asked to prepare 3 questions to ask a manager and come dressed as I would normally dress for the job. I had great questions and even brought up some loopholes in the sheet of tips and responsibilities for the position. After the interview, the manager said she'd call the next day but didn't. Personally I thought it was incredibly unprofessional. Once they finally did call, they said I needed to come in AGAIN to meet another manager. I drove all the way out there to meet him and all he asked me was how available I was. He said he would call in 6 days with the final decision. It's been 3 days since I was suppose to receive a personal call from him but instead I received an e-mail. Overall, the experience was far too long and unprofessional. The managers were unorganized and unpunctual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Buckle (Murfreesboro, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called a few days after I applied and went in to interview two days after the call. The interview questions were basic questions about my qualifications, but the girl who interviewed me seemed very uninterested in me. Also, I arrived for my interview early and still had to wait for her an additional 20 minutes after the time my interview was scheduled. The interview took place on the floor so that they had coverage, and she could help customers if needed. The actual interview was not hard the interviewer just seemed to not like me even before the interview started and the process she seemed not interested in anything I was saying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to meet sales goals.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a team to complete a goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Tempe, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Very fast and didn't seem like an interview. Pretty much talked and got to know each other. The manager was very nice and always smiling. She goes over your application and asks a few more questions about yourself. They pretty much see what kind of personality you have. Easiest interview ever!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Spokane, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I walked in and asked for an open position they game me an Ipad I've put some basic information in there then I got a link for all open positions in the same day I applied I got a message containing a number that asks me to call for an interview and there was an interview next morning which I said no to coz I work a full shift that day, then they asked if I can come on Monday which is today. the interview took lasted about 3 to 4 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later to set up the interview. I went in and had a pretty standard interview, but on the sales floor. You don't need to have any real experience before hand, but it needs to be evident you have an open mind to learn and positive attitude, they will teach you the rest. It is a great company to work for, but keep in mind you need to wear their clothes to work there and even with the 40 percent discount it can be quite costly. Its not necessary to have their clothes or have even have shopped there to get the job however. I had never set foot inside a buckle before my interview, so don't worry about that aspect. If you are looking to get some experience in sales, this is a great place to start.

Interview Questions

• What kind of feedback did your former employers give you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much negotiation in terms of pay, but they are very flexible with time and days you need off, just let them know well in advance.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Buckle in October 2016.

Interview

We sat on the floor and went threw the resume got asked about school what I did at school what my schedule looks like, am I available for holidays why have I left my previous job what did I do and if they call my supervisor what would they say about me

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Evansville, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

Online application and assessment. Got called about an hour later to set up in person interview. Met with manager on the sales floor. Lasted about 20 minutes. Asked leadership and sales questions and judtvgot to know me. They called my references that I provided and offered me the job the next day. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Recent work experience and leadership qualities.   1 Answer