The Buckle Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Buckle Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Takes place on the sales floor, as long as you come looking presentable and/or stylish you can get the job . They're always looking to hire due to the high turnover rate (Columbia, SC location)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
    Have you shopped here before?
    Are you familiar with the brands?
    Tell me about yourself?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Buckle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Mays Landing, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Was on sales floor. Simple. Lots of questions. Only three people working😙 all were super nice. I realized they paid pretty low the day before so I wasn't the most excited

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Monroe, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was on the sales floor and very brief. It lasted about 5 minutes. It was me just telling him about school and previous work history. It felt comfortable and my interviewer was nice. It seemed like a great environment to work in. If I get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous work history?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Went in & I formed them of my interview the manager & manager in training both interviewed me. It seemed okay at first, however, they asked me questions that had no relation to the position I was applying for. After giving my answers they gave me that look like"is she done yet" did not seem interested in me at all or getting to know me. Told me that they had other interviews and I would know in 24hrs. I got an email an hour afterwards saying "they decided that I wasn't a fit for the position and decided to go elsewere, & thanked me for being a valued shopper". Interview took 5 min.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle.

Interview

As very general questions and about your past experience.You interview twice before being hired. The assistant manager for the first interview then the store manager. They call to schedule interviews and give you the position. They will send you an email if you did not get the position, usually that day or the next.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer? Describe the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy to get along with hiring manager considering my sales background. Manager was very impressed by my extensive director of sales background and willingness to get back into workforce along with my knowledge of The Buckle products sine we wear and shop at the Buckle all the time.

Interview Questions

• 3 items that would make me a good fit for the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

We sat in the food court which caught me off guard, but the District Manager is really nice. You have to be on your a-game with him though. He challenges you to see if you are confident in your person, and the interview is pretty much you selling yourself to him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Buckle (Carbondale, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I went into the store to ask for an application. I was told it was online, but an employee let me put my information in an iPad and emailed the application to me. They put their name in as a referral. As soon as I completed the application, I received an email with the number the call to set up an interview. I went to the interview a few days later. We basically discussed my application. It didn't seem as though I was actually being seriously considered for the position. It felt like anyone got an interview, whether or not they were a good candidate. I was emailed a few days later to find out I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• How did your role as a school club president prepare you for a job like this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Kansas City, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they replied with an email. In that email they asked me to call the store for an interview. I walked into the store and told a sales associate I was there for an interview and he/she contacted the manager or assistant. Waited about 15 minutes and then had the interview on the sales floor. They ask similar questions as any company would.

Interview Questions

• Why the Buckle? What strengths do you bring? Where do you see yourself in 5 - 10 years?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle.

Interview

Buckle pushes their employees to refer people to work there, so they were very receptive when I walked in on a slow day. They were enthusiastic (possibly because the one who refers you gets cash bonuses), and hooked me up with an interview the next day. I spoke with a district supervisor and store manager, and on my second interview they told me I had the job. Very informal, you talk in the store but the questions are pointed and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here, is it a company you could get behind, what do you know of the company, describe your "style," and a bunch of other questions that arose naturally.   1 Answer