The Buckle Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.3

203 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I instantly received an email to call the store and set up an interview. I already have a full time job, I applied as a part-time associate I dressed in attire I thought had the "look" of buckle but would still be deemed professional. I got to the interview and informed one of the sales associates I was there to interview and she said she'd get the manager and told me to look around the store. I was then greeted by the manager and the manager in training, before they even asked me any questions I knew I wasn't going to be hired. There was a weird vibe. The manager was very dismissive I doubt she was listening to anything I was saying she kept saying "mhmm" even before I'd talk. I felt like I was only being interviewed so the manager in training could gain experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Buckle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (El Cajon, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional! Got to my interview 20 minutes early and the sales associate told me he's get the manager and to look around. Well 20 minutes later the manager comes out and my interview was held on the sales floor with customers in the store. Extremely unprofessional didn't feel comfortable answering personal questions with everyelse listening.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked me what I wanted as a career   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Takes place on the sales floor, as long as you come looking presentable and/or stylish you can get the job . They're always looking to hire due to the high turnover rate (Columbia, SC location)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Have you shopped here before?
      Are you familiar with the brands?
      Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Mays Landing, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Was on sales floor. Simple. Lots of questions. Only three people working😙 all were super nice. I realized they paid pretty low the day before so I wasn't the most excited

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Monroe, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was on the sales floor and very brief. It lasted about 5 minutes. It was me just telling him about school and previous work history. It felt comfortable and my interviewer was nice. It seemed like a great environment to work in. If I get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous work history?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Went in & I formed them of my interview the manager & manager in training both interviewed me. It seemed okay at first, however, they asked me questions that had no relation to the position I was applying for. After giving my answers they gave me that look like"is she done yet" did not seem interested in me at all or getting to know me. Told me that they had other interviews and I would know in 24hrs. I got an email an hour afterwards saying "they decided that I wasn't a fit for the position and decided to go elsewere, & thanked me for being a valued shopper". Interview took 5 min.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (The Woodlands, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Conducted on the sales floor, no questions of any real value asked. They are only concerned with how much you can work for them (scheduling.) They make you wait awkwardly on the floor for 15-20 minutes while they forget you're there, I saw it happen with myself and at least 5 people there for an interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle.

Interview

As very general questions and about your past experience.You interview twice before being hired. The assistant manager for the first interview then the store manager. They call to schedule interviews and give you the position. They will send you an email if you did not get the position, usually that day or the next.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer? Describe the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy to get along with hiring manager considering my sales background. Manager was very impressed by my extensive director of sales background and willingness to get back into workforce along with my knowledge of The Buckle products sine we wear and shop at the Buckle all the time.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

We sat in the food court which caught me off guard, but the District Manager is really nice. You have to be on your a-game with him though. He challenges you to see if you are confident in your person, and the interview is pretty much you selling yourself to him.