The CBE Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The CBE Group Interview Questions

2.3

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The CBE Group (New Braunfels, TX).

Interview

The worst interview I have ever had!

I still remember this interview even if it was almost 2 years ago. A recruiter (lady) contacted me in regards to the HR Internship I applied for. We sent various emails and I replied with my contact information. The day of the interview, I replied via phone and entered a wrong digit and sent it. She called me late saying it was my fault due to my error. I apolgized and explained to her i was sorry for the inconvenience. During the whole interview she was VERY rude and acted like she did not want to interview me because of the error I had made even though the other emails had my correct number. After she finished asking the questions, i asked about the company..BIG MISTAKE! she replied saying "what do you not understand?"

The best question she asked me: How are you with paying attention to detail? because you put the wrong digit?

Clearly she was upset and I thanked her for her time. I did not hear back from her until I decided to email her. She replied that they went with another candidate.

Advice: If you were so angry about my phone number, you shouldn't have interviewed me. You should never get upset or seem rude as a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How are you with paying attention to detail?   1 Answer

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The CBE Group (New Braunfels, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then a day later got a call and set up a phone interview. Had the phone interview and then was asked to schedule another interview (in-person). went a few days later to the in-person interview. At first everything was organized and great. Then when we got towards the end of the interview I was told how they expect you to handle things and how they will let customer talk down to you and cuss at you and you just have to deal. I have worked in call centers before and they have this issue BUT you got a manger and they dealt with customers that were over the top and wouldn't calm down. Some of the things I was told was just degrading and not worth nine dollars and hour. They also said you could wear jeans but you have to give a percent of your pay to do so??? This just wasn't for me.

First Part Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The CBE Group (Waterloo, IA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, followed by basic interview with HR and a manager. They asked all of your basic questions about work history and a few "what would you do if..." questions. It started off with a video explaining some of the company values and explaining exactly what they did. It was overall very relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you helped resolve a problem with a customer.   Answer Question

First-Party Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The CBE Group (Waterloo, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard Asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Overviewed resume that I submitted during my application.

CBE was going through a growth period. Given the high turnover rate I saw in my property, they can't hire people fast enough.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The CBE Group (New Braunfels, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a rather seamless process, very quick and professional process. Updates during the process were very nice as well. The panel interview was part in person and part over the phone with the corporate office in Iowa.

Interview Questions

• If your life had a theme song, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Fraud Investigation Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The CBE Group (New Braunfels, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Was lied to about the job description, was ask a few questions about past jobs. They had no clue what the job was going to be. CBE wants people who are liked more then people who are knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Can you stand doing the same task over and over?   1 Answer

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The CBE Group (Cedar Falls, IA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. They asked personality type questions, and emphasized on schedule adherence and being a team player, etc. "give me a time when...." type questions. It took me much longer to get the offer because of issues with start dates, but I would have started a lot sooner.

Interview Questions

• How many days would you consider is excessive for missing work in a months time?   1 Answer

Collection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The CBE Group (Waterloo, IA) in March 2014.

Interview

I emailed my resume to HR via a job website. Someone called me the next day and scheduled an interview about a week later. Someone from HR asked me a few questions about my past experience and went over my resume. She left me alone to watch a short video about the company and what to expect for the position I was applying. She came back and asked me if I was still interested and I said yes. So then I was interviewed by one of the supervisors. It went well overall and was very easy. I got a call back 3 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've dealt with a difficult customer, how did you resolve the situation, etc. How would you try to negotiate with someone who says they don't have any money to pay their debt.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The CBE Group (Cedar Falls, IA) in February 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview by hiring manager. 12 days later invited for an in person interview with 2 team members and hiring manager. Surprised by a skills test (given in an exceptionally noisy office) and a written employment application that day. Highly secured facility, many cubicles within glass walled offices. Employees I interviewed with were friendly. Interview atmosphere was relaxed.

Low salary offered.

Collector Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The CBE Group in February 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview from corporate office, the questions were very common and the interview was friendly. When I met with the director, about a week later, again, the questions were common & it went well. I received a job offer a few days later.