The CBORD Group Interview Questions in Ithaca, NY | Glassdoor

The CBORD Group Interview Questions in Ithaca, NY

2.8

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY).

Interview

I was first contacted about two weeks after applying. Brief phone interview with HR describing the position details and scheduling an in person interview. Came in for an interview the next day, was interviewed by 6 managers at once. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. Was contacted a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about our products? Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • A client calls and says they're having trouble connect to their database. What do you do?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I got this interview via career services of my school. interview consisted of a phone screening with HR who basically talked about my GPA and course work and then an onsite interview with manager 1:1
    where he mainly talked about projects we are working on. Hr was nice and prompt to reply for any questions,

Interview Questions

• talk about the project you worked on.
      Software methodology
      Testing techinques
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotition. tried didnt work

Implementation Associated Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter which quickly led to another interview with an HR manager. After the HR interview a face to face interview was set up at the corporate office with a team of various employees. The interview lasted 4 hours and concluded with me doing a presentation for all the staff who I interviewed with.
    I feel the role I was interviewing for was very important but when the offer was made it was quite low per industry standards and from another company

Interview Questions

• tell me about how you have helped a client reach their goals using software.
      tell me how you have handled an upset client and was the client eventually happy
      have you ever had to deal with a coworker dispute and what did you do?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

there was back and forth between HR and the recruiter and myself because the benefits and pay were not at the minimum level I expected

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I was referred for the position by a professor of HR. I was contacted after the HR director received the referral to set up an interview the following day. The interview took place the following week and I received notification that the position went to someone else a week after that. It was a straight forward interview. I was asked to elaborate my experiences detailed on my resume. It was my first real, interview experience with a hiring manager and I may have been nervous. I am not sure what she was looking for but maybe the other candidate simply had more to offer. But nevertheless, the interview questions were simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What would your professors or past managers say about you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

That was not bad. No prospects of advancement. 2 interviews and job offer quickly.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

There was a standard screening interview by an HR droid, during which she asked me to repeat what was on my resume, and whether I could do what was in the job description. If you've done your homework and were honest on your resume, you get a proper interview, no curveballs there.

The 1:1 and group interviews were not demanding. I can't say what the whole company is like, but in this group everyone had been there for years. I asked about advancement and they said a lot of positive things, but in a 1:1 my peer interviewer actually admitted that real promotions are rare. They're owned by larger fish but not connected to them in business, so it looked like I'd be swimming in a small pond.

The whole show was a little slow. From first contact to an offer took more than a month and by then I had other offers. Ithaca looked like a great little town but it was not meant to be.

Interview Questions

• "Describe an example in which you failed to perform as expected and what you did about it."   1 Answer

The group I sat with were generally not interested in using technology with which they were not already familiar. That was a red flag - if they hire me, how else can they leverage what I know from ten years of experience? They bristled when I mentioned other frameworks and the advantages of each while I was answering a technical question. I know what I'm talking about so that isn't the issue, they just seemed closed to new ideas, and this was the interview! They had some tasks they needed done and seemed to want someone who would follow orders. I was told interaction with clients would be minimal. They talked about agile development and so on but it seemed like a management heavy, low turn over environment.