The Cambridge Institute of International Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Cambridge Institute of International Education Interview Questions

2.7

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

First I submitted my resume and cover letter to GPhomestay. Next, I was contacted by The Cambridge Institute of International Education to continue the interview application. I think the process included two main interviews. I believe the first was a general HR interview. Then there was a second interview focused on ESL and teaching. Both felt fairly standard though I have certification in ESL.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to either teach a brief grammar point of my choosing or one that they provide. (They may have asked me to teach on the present perfect tense?)   Answer Question

Corporate Development Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education.

Interview

Great process, efficient, hired quickly There was a great opportunity to meet with people across the organization as well as across varied career stages. Everyone was very transparent and open about the company and its strengths and challenges.

Interview Questions

• What is the craziest thing you have ever done at work?   Answer Question

Support Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

The first phone interview was about 20 minutes via phone. I talked to a manager about my background experience, education, and discussed what role the position I was applying for. The second interview I had was via Skype for 30 minutes. I was asked many mental health questions regarding my past work experience, how I have handled crisis, etc. After the Skype interview. I took a personality 'quiz'.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education.

Interview

Unorganized, to say the least. Three different people within HR contacted me directly to ask about my resume, after I had already interviewed. They were unresponsive at times, but always polite. The interviews themselves were fine, conducted via skype. There was also a writing sample, although I don't know if anyone read it.

Interview Questions

• How will you adjust from being in the classroom to being in a corporate office?   Answer Question

Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education.

Interview

Brief phone screening then in-person interview with recruiter and CEO.
    I'm unimpressed when employers do not get in touch after an in-person interview with good or bad news. If a person takes time out of work for an interview, at least respond with any news. No response at all is unprofessional and insulting. Keep in mind, your first impression to the candidate counts too. A reputation (good and bad) spreads through employees, interviewees, and clients.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter did not ask any questions. CEO asked about my work history and recommendations I had for the company.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Waltham, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Awful- the recruiter was a man who shook my hand and then didn't know anything about benefits, etc. He seemed to be disconnected from the company. He had lousy follow through. He called me out of the blue and gave me an offer, after I had no contact with him for 15 days. The letter didn't have a start date in it, a reporting manager and no benefit information. So unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• There weren't questions from the recruiter, just logistics "telling me" who I was meeting with. It was ridiculous.   Answer Question

International Program Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I had two Skype Interviews, one with two managers, the other one with an Associate Director. The two managers were very friendly and had a pretty structure format of alternating between questions for me. They explained their roles and a little bit more about the position and always checked to see if I had any unanswered questions about the company and/or the specific job. I felt pretty comfortable throughout the interview and made sure to ask questions. I would say the entire Skype interview lasted about 45 minutes overall. I was then scheduled for another interview with the Assc. Director. That interview lasted 15 minutes at the most and surely I got an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you handle high-stress situations?
      There were mostly many questions centered around international education and abroad experience.
      Answer Question

Education Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Waltham, MA).

Interview

phone screen, in-person interview with HR and direct supervisor, second interview with supervisors and brief presentation. it was quite easy, but seemed disorganized and like the hiring committee weren't communicating. After receiving an offer and reading the reviews on Glassdoor, as well as other issues, I declined.

Interview Questions

• experience based... how would you handle this situation and so on...   Answer Question

The job advertised wasn't quite what it was, reviews of the company were terrible, and the value-add to my resume wasn't substantial.

Residential Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Waltham, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very organized and very unprofessional. They did not even know who was supposed to do the interview and kept me waiting for a long time. The person interviewed me did not even know which position that I was interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education in January 2015.

Interview

Fairly basic phone interview, but extensive in-person panel. There were 3 people on the phone interview. Following that I was on campus for a full day and met with 14 members of the school.