The Cambridge Institute of International Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

The Cambridge Institute of International Education Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.8

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was unprofessional from the very beginning. First of all, she called late and I had to send an email to remind her about the interview. I had taken time out of my busy teaching schedule to prepare for the interview, only for her to reveal that two other candidates had already been chosen before the interview even started.

She asked questions that I had already answered via email. She spoke to me like I was dumb and with a slightly condescending (racist) undertone. She seemed eager to interview me at first. However, I suspect that she did some social media investigating and found out that I was black. Only because her tone changed completely. I couldn't even believe that I was talking to the same woman.

The interviewer also revealed that some of the partnering schools would require teachers to teach religion. That wasn't mentioned in the job description. Otherwise, I wouldn't have applied.

If the interview was that bad, I can only imagine a workday at Cambridge. No thanks!

Interview Questions

• Are you able to commit to an academic year?   1 Answer

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

First I submitted my resume and cover letter to GPhomestay. Next, I was contacted by The Cambridge Institute of International Education to continue the interview application. I think the process included two main interviews. I believe the first was a general HR interview. Then there was a second interview focused on ESL and teaching. Both felt fairly standard though I have certification in ESL.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to either teach a brief grammar point of my choosing or one that they provide. (They may have asked me to teach on the present perfect tense?)   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education.

Interview

Great process, efficient, hired quickly There was a great opportunity to meet with people across the organization as well as across varied career stages. Everyone was very transparent and open about the company and its strengths and challenges.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

5 different steps, lots of questions and 6 references required (3 from people who reported to me, 1 from a colleague at the same level and 2 from former supervisors)

Support Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

The first phone interview was about 20 minutes via phone. I talked to a manager about my background experience, education, and discussed what role the position I was applying for. The second interview I had was via Skype for 30 minutes. I was asked many mental health questions regarding my past work experience, how I have handled crisis, etc. After the Skype interview. I took a personality 'quiz'.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education.

Interview

Unorganized, to say the least. Three different people within HR contacted me directly to ask about my resume, after I had already interviewed. They were unresponsive at times, but always polite. The interviews themselves were fine, conducted via skype. There was also a writing sample, although I don't know if anyone read it.

Interview Questions

• How will you adjust from being in the classroom to being in a corporate office?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Waltham, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Awful- the recruiter was a man who shook my hand and then didn't know anything about benefits, etc. He seemed to be disconnected from the company. He had lousy follow through. He called me out of the blue and gave me an offer, after I had no contact with him for 15 days. The letter didn't have a start date in it, a reporting manager and no benefit information. So unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• There weren't questions from the recruiter, just logistics "telling me" who I was meeting with. It was ridiculous.   Answer Question

International Program Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I had two Skype Interviews, one with two managers, the other one with an Associate Director. The two managers were very friendly and had a pretty structure format of alternating between questions for me. They explained their roles and a little bit more about the position and always checked to see if I had any unanswered questions about the company and/or the specific job. I felt pretty comfortable throughout the interview and made sure to ask questions. I would say the entire Skype interview lasted about 45 minutes overall. I was then scheduled for another interview with the Assc. Director. That interview lasted 15 minutes at the most and surely I got an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you handle high-stress situations?
      There were mostly many questions centered around international education and abroad experience.   Answer Question

Education Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Waltham, MA).

Interview

phone screen, in-person interview with HR and direct supervisor, second interview with supervisors and brief presentation. it was quite easy, but seemed disorganized and like the hiring committee weren't communicating. After receiving an offer and reading the reviews on Glassdoor, as well as other issues, I declined.

Interview Questions

• experience based... how would you handle this situation and so on...   Answer Question

The job advertised wasn't quite what it was, reviews of the company were terrible, and the value-add to my resume wasn't substantial.

Residential Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education (Waltham, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very organized and very unprofessional. They did not even know who was supposed to do the interview and kept me waiting for a long time. The person interviewed me did not even know which position that I was interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?   1 Answer