The Campus Special Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

83 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Campus Special (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The job was posted on the College career website. I had to send in my resume. After they reviewed my resume, they contacted me via email to set up an interview on campus. The entire interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Within four hours, I was notified via email that they offered me the job. I was invited to attend a 3 day training seminar in Chicago. However, I later learned from a colleague who quit after one week, that they made him pay back the cost of the airfare and hotel accommodations. This was outlined in fine print in the contract; however, the average person probably would miss it.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic- describe your strengths, weaknesses. Why you think you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The salary is commission only

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Campus Special.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I submitted my resume and got a call to do a phone interview with one manager. They just ask you why you want to be an account executive and what your strengths/weaknesses are. After that, you have to do a video interview when they ask you basic behavioral questions. If you pass that section, you get to do another phone interview with a different manager and if they like you, they'll offer the position.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask difficult questions, but they do want to hear that you have drive and can handle rejection so always say that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job was very hard. You work long days and just going in and out of businesses to find owners and try to sell them things. You only get 10% commission too, which I think it really low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Campus Special (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview process consists of one over the phone. An online video essay. then a third interview. They will call a fourth time to confirm your interest before giving an offer. Overall very easy and by the book. A great opportunity that will provide plenty to talk about for the next interview in your life.

Interview Questions

• They ask what are the most important aspects in sales. I said persistence, presence, and then product knowledge in that order.   Answer Question

Had a better offer

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I was hired in like a couple days, so not that hard. you do a phone interview and some other pointless question exercises. It's easy to know what they want to hear. Easiest job I've ever gotten. Then you go to this conference which is paid for, only pro btw, and sit through 4 of the most boring days of your life.

Interview Questions

• Why do company's like this that take advantage of people make so much money?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Campus Special in May 2014.

Interview

Resonded to an email with resume, took a couple days for a screen interview. Once that was cleared i was given a website to do some sort of interview process with generated questions via webcam. Then final interview with manager. Easy process, just show your personality.

Account Executive Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Campus Special (Duluth, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long. I talked with three different people as well as an online web cam style interview. However, I never once met with somebody in person.

Interview Questions

• One question caught me off guard. That question was; "Try to sell the idea of Facebook to somebody who has never used it before."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Campus Special (Burlington, VT) in April 2014.

Interview

First met campus recruiter at a job fair, and gave her my resume. She said we would be in contact, and I later received an email/call promptly. We had a talk/interview, in which case I was given a web interview. After the web interview, I had a phone interview with someone in the headquarter office. Everything was set up well, which is part of the quasi-scam internship they provide.

This should not be considered an internship, but rather a sales job with no base-pay and horrible perks. I was told after the third interview that I would be contacted later that day for the official word on the job offer. I was contacted months later, saying I didn't get the position (which is good because I was offered a better one).

Interview Questions

• Questions are fairly simple- whose is your idol, what do you need from us to succeed, etc.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Campus Special in April 2014.

Interview

1. Phone interview with team manager
    2. Video recording where you must answered questions in a certain amount of time
    3. Phone interview with regional manger
    4. Offer call

After the often you must sign and fax documents. There is also a 4 day training in another city where you meet interns from all over the US. It is all expense paid.

Interview Questions

• What appeals most to you about this internship? What made you decide this was a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Campus Special in April 2014.

Interview

Sent my resume to a recruiter (who ended up being my manager). She contacted me for a first interview which was about 15 minutes on the phone. Then I had to complete a video interview. Last I had a phone interview with a Regional Sales Director.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Campus Special (Tucson, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Great process everything happens pretty fast.

Starts off with a phone interview where they ask you a series of basic interview questions

then you have to do a pre-recorded video interview, where you are asked a question then your answer is recorded. Question range from behavioral to basic background information

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a specific time where you overcame a problem   1 Answer