The Campus Special Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Campus Special Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Campus Special.

Interview

2 phone screens, simple as that, its a numbers game to them, they make it seem competitive but everyone gets the job

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Campus Special.

Interview

applied online, got email and initial phone call (basic questions/told me about job), video- prerecorded interview, and on phone interview

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Campus Special (Greenville, NC).

Interview

Called unexpectedly without an email. When they called we had a 30 minute conversation and I was confident in my call back. Once I got a call back (that was also unscheduled) my phone reception was bad so it was tough to talk to the woman. She asked me questions about things I knew about campus special and how I would handle a situation if a business told me know where I was trying to sell them Ad space. I never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• Have a conversation with me as if I am a business owner telling you 'no'   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Campus Special.

Interview

There is a screening interview and then a phone interview. The screening interview ask basic questions such as: where do you go to school, what is your major, are you active in an clubs/societies/activies. The phone interview has some of those same questions and also asks you to role play a situation for them (gives you a taste of what the internship will really be like and they can get a feel of how your personality and skills will be).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me a call and offered me the position and I said yes. They send you to a conference for a weekend in chicago and you get to meet all the other new interns throughout the country. It's really fun and the training is great!

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Campus Special.

Interview

After applying online I received a call from a regional recruiter and did a short simple interview. Mostly just questions about my resume. At the end of the call I was told that I qualified for the next round of interviews, which included a video interview and another phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you right for this job? Why is this job right for you? What do you need from us to be successful?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Campus Special in March 2014.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a job fair and was contacted by someone from corporate shortly afterwards. He requested an interview over the phone but I wasn't really sure what the position was so I asked. He assured me that the details of the position would be explained during the first interview, so I accepted that.

When I was called for the interview, I was told "We have a lot to get through, so let's get started". Before I interviewed I wanted to know what the position entailed so I asked, but was told that they conduct the interview before saying what the job is. When I asked why, he said they want to know if I'm a good candidate before they tell me. I responded saying the opposite - I wanted to know if the position was for me before spending my time on an interview. The recruiter said he expected that I would have checked out their website to see what they do (which I obviously had), however knowing about a company provides no insight into what a specific position is.

The interaction ended with me saying I wasn't interested in the position anymore - I have no interest in working with a company that does business like that.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Campus Special in March 2014.

Interview

Online application. You get a phone call within a week or two. Then you have a phone interview, which is simple easy questions and they talk to you about the internship program. After that they set you up with a skype like interview. You answer 7 questions while being recorded through your webcam. The questions pop up on your screen and you have anywhere from 5-10 seconds to prepare. Last question you have to give a basic sales pitch. Mine was to convince someone to create a facebook that never had one before and has relocated to a new city. After this you have a final phone interview. More interview questions and they go over your video interview as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation process.

Account Executive Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Campus Special (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

You will be asked to do two phone interviews and one online video interview. The first phone interview will be with your sales manager, the second phone interview will be done with your sales director (or if he is unavailable with your sales manager again). These interviews will be broken up by a video interview with prerecorded questions that you have approximately 2 minuets to answer.

Interview Questions

• Convince your friend who has never used Facebook before to get a Facebook profile.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay is non-negotiable but a 10% commission rate for an internship is already very high for an internship. The best way to convince them that you are a viable candidate is to show that you are a hard worker and you are easily capable of connecting with people.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Campus Special (Edmond, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

I had been sent an email as an officer of a club on campus and replied about the internship. Yet, after it took the lady days to finally respond to me I had the phone interview. It was long and a basic interview nothing special

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Campus Special (College Station, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview that consisted of simple questions about yourself. Then an automated online video interview where you had to answer questions like, "Explain how to use Facebook to someone who has never used a computer". Then

Interview Questions

• Explain how to use Facebook to someone who has never used a computer   Answer Question