The Capital Grille Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Capital Grille

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Capital Grille (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online took personality test. After about a week later received email that they wanted me to come in for an interview to call restaurant and ask for a manager. Contacted manager and scheduled interview fairly quickly. Great interview lasted about 45 minutes manager interviewing talked about his background good conversation regarding my experience why I wanted to work there. Went into a lot of details about how restaurant runs. Very friendly manager. Even though I have lots of experience and was recommended by friends of mine that work there I was never contacted back. Was told they would be interviewing others and 2 to 3 positions available. I should hear something back by end of the week. Still wondering what happened. I guess I wasn't what they were looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Capital Grille (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online after seeing a Craigslist posting. I was called for an interview and met two managers at a hotel since it's not open yet. The next business day, I received a generic email that I was not hired. It honestly makes no sense to me, but this will be their loss. I'm smart and beautiful and would have been a great asset. I had a strong background in customer service.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? Why do you want to work in the restaurant industry? What is your availability? Tell me about a recovery you had.   Answer Question

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Capital Grille (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It was extremely easy. They call you in and sit you down and ask what your experience is. They give you situational problems that require (what happened, what did you do to fix it, and what was the end result). For server assistant they werent really looking for much except mannerisms and experience in bussing in a fine dining environment.

Interview Questions

• what was my wine knowledge   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Capital Grille (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took an assessment/personality test. I was contacted via email to call the restaurant I applied to and ask to speak to a manager to set an interview. I thought it was strange to not receive any contact information for the manager, such as a first name. I did call and was told he was too busy to speak to me. He called me back in a few hours and he set up a time to meet. I was kept waiting 45 minutes past my interview time. I was called back for a second interview and was again kept waiting (approximately half an hour) after the scheduled time. Although I applied for a hostess position, the second manager thought I was applying for a server position. This explains why the questions in the first interview seemed geared toward a server (wine knowledge, etc). I never heard back from them despite being told I would either way. I realized after the second interview that I wasn't interested and never followed up.

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Capital Grille (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews with the managers on staff and managing partner. Interview was located at the restaurant and the sales manager began the interview, followed by the managing partner and ending with the other general manager on site that day. There were a variety of questions asked pertaining to the restaurant with a big emphasis on customer service. Ample time was give to ask questions if there were any. Everyone was very professional and wanted to get to know the candidate and how they could enhance the current team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Capital Grille (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Online prescreening personality test first, followed by resume upload. Took about a week to receive an emailed invitation to interview, followed by a 4 interview series. You come back to interview as the next person up the scale approves you, so it takes place over multiple days unless you get lucky and have the next manager in the building at the conclusion of your current interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your current employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Capital Grille (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I sat with three managers, each with their own nuances pertaining to what's important to them. I spoke with the managing partner and two dining room managers, all of which were very pleasant and professional. They asked typical questions about serving history and background in the business along with theoretical situational questions (i.e. what would you do in this situation?).

Interview Questions

• What grape varietals are used in making Bordeaux wine?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Capital Grille (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Super easy, I had endorsements from employees and a great resume. Other than that it was a pretty standard interview about what was expected and what the job entailed and there's not much else to say about it.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience? What was my availability? What were your previous jobs like? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Capital Grille (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Personal interview, mostly about why I want to work in restaurants. They asked why I enjoy restaurants and what will make me stand out to the guests. Briefly went over my resume to ensure I had prior restaurant experience. Then towards the end discussed flexibility of scheduling.

Lead Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Capital Grille (Memphis, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was simple - the sales manager, who was in charge of the host desk, interviewed me and then she let the General Manager speak to me. He asked me the same basic questions, told me I'd have to change my hair, but then said I'd have the job if I wanted it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you think you can bring to the table?   Answer Question