The Chartis Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Chartis Group

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Chartis Group (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

On-campus first round interviews, including a behavioral interview and a traditional case. Second round was at their office to do another behavioral interview, a quantitative-heavy traditional case, and an excel exercise.

Consultant Interview

Interview

The interviewer went over my entire background, including my CV/resume and my previous positions. Each of these was discussed in great detail - thus, know this cold!
    In addition, I was asked how I found out about the company, thus, have a clear answer regarding this point as well.
    No case or technical questions in this initial interview.

Interview Questions

• There were not that many technical or business-related questions, as it was an initial interview, however, it was a detailed discussion of my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Chartis Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Rigorous interview process but one that is fair and enjoyable overall. The people you will meet are usually all very friendly and easy to talk to compared to many firms I have met with in the past. Prepare for case interviews along with an excel exercise during the final round.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Chartis Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard for a management consulting company. There were two rounds and since I was a campus recruit the first round was on campus and the second round was in their office in Chicago.

The first round consisted of 2 interviews: 1 behavioral and 1 case; both given by consultants or managers. The second round consisted of 3 interviews: 1 behavioral (usually with a partner or director), 1 case (with a more senior manager or jr director), and 1 excel case.

The cases were pretty straight forward but were not always healthcare related.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Chartis Group (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Hiring process is extensive, even for a consulting firm. I had a phone interview, which consisted of fit and background. Another phone interview consisted of fit and a case. Then I had an in-person interview with a partner and senior consultant, which was mostly fit, but also consisted of a short case. After that interview, I had another case interview that also entailed an Excel test. Finally, I had a full day of interviews with 4 other senior consultants and partners. These were entirely fit. Generally, people were friendly and helpful during the interviews (not cold at all).

Interview Questions

• Case about the solar industry   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were brief, as the offer was satisfactory.