The Child Center of NY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Child Center of NY Interview Questions

Interviews at The Child Center of NY

2.5

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Child Center of NY in March 2018.

Interview

The interview itself went well. The interviewer was fairly nice and easy to talk to. After my interview, she said that she would reach out to me in the next few weeks but I never heard back.

Case Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhaven, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Child Center of NY (Woodhaven, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I sent in an application, and was contacted three weeks later. I had an interview with the Program Director. A week later I was called for a second round interview. Following week, received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Through the interview there were many scenario based questions, that require a few minutes to formulate an answer. Such as dealing with difficult clients, and when CPS/police should be involved.   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Child Center of NY (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Short and to the point. Asked me what experiences I could apply to this job, hours that I'm available and legal stuff. Was interviewed by both the director and assistant director, and was emailed a job offer by the time I returned home.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with students in a K-5 Classroom setting?   Answer Question

Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Child Center of NY (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I went in for an interview I did not apply for... I applied for LMSW positions, but was called in for a bachelor level position of Engagement Specialist. The 30 minute interview consisted of the person describing the position and what it entails, all the while saying that the low salary was great, given my entering the work force. She gave me a tour of the office and set up a second interview with the supervisor.

Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Hills, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Child Center of NY (Forest Hills, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. They reached out to me 2 weeks later. Didnt get the job then they reached out to me a second time because the PD really wanted someone who speaks very good Spanish. They offered me the position but withdraw because they needed someone urgently. If the company needed someone urgently then they should of never given me false hope.

Youth Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Child Center of NY (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Director wore high heels and was intimidating. It was strictly formal then became casual. The director has a really good intensive stare, eye contact and confidence is necessary. Overall a simple interview to get to know you and your qualities.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what the position as a youth worker do? What are the main responsibilities..?   Answer Question

Clinical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process was positive with clear expectations of job requirements and expectations. The agency is going through the shifting of staff and structure presently. There was some uncertainty about changes in roles.

Interview Questions

• I was contacted one day after posting my resume. I was interviewed by Senior Management within the week. I found the interview process extremely pleasant and mutually informative.   Answer Question
    • I was asked skill set questions along with questions about my clinical and supervisory experience.   Answer Question

Math and Science Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Child Center of NY (Flushing, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Laid back, felt comfortable, past experience and high school references. What I was involved in at school and most importantly my grades. My math and science grades and what I thought about the subjects.