The Children's Aid Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.6

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Aid Society (Bronx, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email to come in for an interview at a local school. We interviewed on a couch and I was asked questions specific to the role like if I am proficient is spreadsheets like Excel. We spoke about my past job experiences that relate to the role and that was pretty much it. No personality questions or anything like that. She said she would get in touch the beginning to the next week but she didn't. I had to email her 2 weeks later, then call again 1 week after that to find out I was not selected.

FFT Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Aid Society.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview of 3 people. The supervisor spent the majority of the time discussing the model, the position, etc. Then we had to do a written vignette while one person was in a private interview. I received a call the following week for a 2nd interview, the same questions were asked in the first. 3 weeks passed and I didn't hear anything so I sent a follow-up email and received an automated decline offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get into social work?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Describe a difficult client.
      Answer Question

Guidance Counsler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Children's Aid Society (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I was in a group setting listening to the rules for the whole 6 weeks.Then after I went to a table to select the site i wanted to work at.I wrote down my contact information then left.

Interview Questions

• If i had any questions about what i would be doing for those six weeks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Aid Society (Bronx, NY).

Interview

normal - first it was informal group..them explaining the position and us asking any questions
     then one one one with an supervisor.. average no pressure ...... Flexible schedule

Interview Questions

• time your dealt with aggressive teens, how can you courage teens/ family to do something they dont want to ?   Answer Question

low pay and a lot of paper work

Application

Interview

Went on two interviews with the FFT supervisor and Director. Both interviews were relaxed. The first one was a group interview. They did most of the talking and then asked basic interview questions.

Marketing and Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Children's Aid Society (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Patrick and Royivia for a position on their team. They were very easygoing, comfortable to speak with. We even ended up joking about a couch in the office that they wanted to turn into a creative space. Oh, and they gave me some chocolate covered almonds that happened to be on the table, so that was nice of them. Then I was moved along to Anthony Ramos's office, where the questions were a bit tougher and more technical.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about your biggest failure at work? / Describe a time when you solved a problem at work. / How do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Children's Aid Society (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position through their website and received a call back the following day. It was a brief phone screening where they asked about my most recent experience and what they were looking for. I was told if they are interested they'll contact me back..no contact so I am assuming that I didn't make it pass the screening process.

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Aid Society.

Interview

Very easy, quick, low stress. Asked me about experience with camp related activities, why I want to work there. Because i was working in the camp there was not much to the interview, although I don't know about other parts of the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a camp? Do you have experience with children? What activities do you have experience with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Children's Aid Society (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

You meet one on one to talk about yourself, the organization and the job. If you are selected there is a lot of paperwork. It's a simple process for both parties to see if it will be a good fit for everyone involved.

Program Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Children's Aid Society.

Interview

Interviewed by multiple people, after which was interviewed by the On Site Director. Questions were your standard questions about Youth Development, trainings I had completed, what my 5 year plan was and any negatives about my last employer. Completed various background checks and screenings. Was told had other people to interview, had to wait a few days for call back. I received the offer and accepted after much negation for a reasonable salary.