The Children's Place Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.0

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Limerick, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Limerick, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick easy no real questions that were difficult to answer. Full of clues to how the store is run. Poorly. Filled me full of empty promises such as including paid holidays in my pto amount, lying about number of hours I will work, told would only work one Sunday a month and one to two nights per week.

Interview Questions

• How will you fit in, we have tough personalities here.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

brief very standard from what you would expect in retail. store manager, alternaite store manager and district manager were all part of the interview process by the end of it all

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Took assessment. Received email saying j would receive a phone call. Got a call the next day to set up an interview. Interview was set for a few days later. Very quick and easy process

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Detroit, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the Store Manager the next morning to come in for an interview that day. The interview was informal, relaxed, and held in the back storage room. I was extremely impressed by the manager and how down to Earth and honest she was. We chatted for approximately an hour and a half and she explained that the next step would be an interview with the DM. Within an hour, the manager called to see if I was available to do a phone interview with the DM the next morning. I found the DM to be extremely upbeat and pleasant. I could not have been more impressed with these ladies. The conversation was light and consisted of basically discussing my strengths/weaknesses and employment history. She discussed the benefits, which included 401k, insurance, and a generous vacation/paid time off package. The conversation lasted 15 minutes. At the end she expressed how excited she was and that the store manager would be calling me with a final offer. The manager called within a couple hours later with an official offer for the salary I requested.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee that was struggling performance wise?
      What is you biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The DM asked what my salary expectations were. I asked high hoping that I would not be talked down much. The manager informed me that I would be paid at the requested rate. Woo-hoo!! I feel my rate was higher than most other companies pay Assistant Managers.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Interviewed with Store Manager and District Manager and HR Manager. All very easy questions concerning work history.

Interview Questions

• Just know your behavior questions. Lots of "What ifs?" and "What would you dos?". Be prepared.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied to this position posted on their company website in February of 2013 and got a call beginning of June asking if I was still interested in interviewing. I said yes and went in a week following the initial phone call. i interviewed with the store manager first in the stockroom, very casual, seemed like she just wanted to get a feel for my personality, not eally interestd in my qualifications. i received a call the following week fto set up a phone interview with the district manager. When I called at the scheduled time, she was not available to talk and had to call me back. Asked scenario questions and when I was able to start. She called two days later and offered me the position, also was willing to negotiate pay.

Interview Questions

• questions were very easy to answer if you have any experience in retail or customer service.

"Tell me a time when you had to have a difficult converstaiton with an employee"   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was asked my desired pay range, which I aimed high for, and I received the bottom of my range.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview, Store Manager interview and District Manager interview. Actually called all three of my references, so be prepared with those. The interviews were done in a casual, non-store setting over cups of coffee.

Interview Questions

• What do you think differs about customer service in a children's store over other places you've worked?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I basically stated what I currently made and that I couldn't accept less. Salaries are ranges are based on store volume, so there is a little negotiation room but it's limited by volume.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

After submitting my resume online. I received a call from a store manager. A brief phone interview ensued about my interests within the company. After the phone interview, an in person interview was scheduled. There are three interviews total.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just be knowledgable about the company. Also, have examples of customer service and leadership experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Columbus, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

You have to take an assessment online before getting an interview. Several of the questions may seem irrelevant to the job however, they will not consider you if you do not pass the test. If you are looking for a promotion you will need to take another, harder, test. Interview took place in the stock room. Phone interview with District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Probably not anything that came up in the interview, but some of the assessment questions could be difficult for some people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had told them during the interview what I needed to make to afford my bills and they told me that might be difficult based on my experience. The offer was for the amount I requested and I didn't push for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Rockford, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

We really didn't assess my attributes, the mgr. described to me what her expectations are, what the daily duties are. She told me she would have a decision made by the end of the weekend, called on monday, it changed to mid week. when I phoned her on Monday, she said, "I told you, if I didn't call you, then we moved on" ummm, yeah but you just said decision made by mid week. I believe promotion from within, waste of time, awesome, you promote from within, but don't call anyone else if that is your intention.