The Children's Place Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

1.8

204 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Medford, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online,and I got a call to schedule an interview a couple days later. The interview was on the sales floor with the manager because she was the only one, and there were customers. The interview lasted about 5-10 min. She was super nice, and told me I got the job on the spot. I had to complete a survey online after I completed the application and it was about 50 short agree or disagree questions.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to have the sales floor and stock room organized at all times?   1 Answer
  • Have you ever worked retail before?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a recent time in which you were given exceptional customer service, and how would you apply it in our store?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a little about yourself, and your availability?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

The interview wasn't long. I received a call within a week from applying. I went in for the interview asked questions like strengths and weaknesses. Availability etc. the interviewer asked about my previous work and how I deal with customers. And if I was able to handle doing multiple tasks at once

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place (San Marcos, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The online application was pretty basic. I then got a call to fill out an assessment and if I passed that I could set up an interview. The interview was a formality and I was basically hired on the spot and given a start date within the same week.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

They ask question like tell me about your self do u have kids are u willing to put ur best foot forward there's always room for growth so u gotta bust your as's to prove up self

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Wichita Falls, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

When I went to the interview I was about 15 minutes early and the manger told me that her assistant was at lunch and asked if I could come back in 15 minutes. Once I came back the interview was fairly easy she told me about the company and the k my question she asked me was what was my definition of good customer service. She asked me if I had any questions and after she answered my question the interview was over. It lasted all about 10 minutes at the most; it was very quick and easy. She told me she had one more interview and would contact me after. I say 30 minutes later I received a call and offered the position that I gladly accepted

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I really didn't negotiate although I wish I would have. This is my second job and I have a good amount of previous experience and would have definitely liked to have gotten more than 7.25 a hour, but I'm definitely happy that I even got offered the job. Although it doesn't pay the bills it's something.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West New York, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place (West New York, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Went in for the interview and the manager just asked me about myself and my availability since i had no retail experience. She also asked me if i knew kid sizes and told me about what i would be doing.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later to come in for a group interview on Saturday morning. When I arrived there were three other girls there (so four in total including myself). One girl was dressed in casual business wear, the other two were wearing sneakers and jeans, and I was dressed in a casual button up with dark jeans. She first had us partner up and learn things about the other person so that we could introduce each other to see how well we get along with others and how sociable we are. She then asked us all questions one by one, sometimes asking us different questions. After she asked all of her questions she pulled us aside individually and spoke to us about availability, future goals, previous experience, etc. She told me that she did not have any more interviews that day and that we should hear from her by the end of the day. She called me at around 6 that evening, offering me a job position and told me to come in Monday afternoon to do my new hire paperwork and orientation. I feel that this interview process was very quick and nice and I loved the group that I interviewed with. I will update with orientation details. ***UPDATE*** My orientation ended up being my first day where I did paperwork and folded clothes and learned the ropes of the place and I already got scheduled great hours for the remainder of the week even though the schedule was already made. I got hired along with one other girl from my interview group and the employees are very friendly and funny. Loving it so far!!!

Interview Questions

• How did you work with a team to make a successful customer service experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Glendale, CA).

Interview

I got a one on one interview in the back room. I was asked typical questions, nothing that tough or out of the ordinary. I knew I wouldn't get the job because I was very unprepared and nervous.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Children's Place (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online 2-3 months before I got an email asking me to take an assessment. The day after I took the assessment I got a call asking me to come in for an interview the next day. The interviewer was nice the actual interview was held in the stockroom. She asked basic interview questions asked me to fold shirts that she had on the table to demonstrate how well I could fold. I asked her questions about how to move up in the company and what the job was like. Overall the interview felt more like a conversation I was comfortable and it went smoothly. She told me she'll call if I got the job. Got the call a couple hours later saying I got it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations she just offered me the position and told me the pay rate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I was called and asked to come in for an interview. The interview went very smoothly and was very casual, two days later I got a call saying I got the job and I accepted.