The Children's Place Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Children's Place Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Wichita Falls, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

When I went to the interview I was about 15 minutes early and the manger told me that her assistant was at lunch and asked if I could come back in 15 minutes. Once I came back the interview was fairly easy she told me about the company and the k my question she asked me was what was my definition of good customer service. She asked me if I had any questions and after she answered my question the interview was over. It lasted all about 10 minutes at the most; it was very quick and easy. She told me she had one more interview and would contact me after. I say 30 minutes later I received a call and offered the position that I gladly accepted

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I really didn't negotiate although I wish I would have. This is my second job and I have a good amount of previous experience and would have definitely liked to have gotten more than 7.25 a hour, but I'm definitely happy that I even got offered the job. Although it doesn't pay the bills it's something.

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West New York, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place (West New York, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Went in for the interview and the manager just asked me about myself and my availability since i had no retail experience. She also asked me if i knew kid sizes and told me about what i would be doing.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later to come in for a group interview on Saturday morning. When I arrived there were three other girls there (so four in total including myself). One girl was dressed in casual business wear, the other two were wearing sneakers and jeans, and I was dressed in a casual button up with dark jeans. She first had us partner up and learn things about the other person so that we could introduce each other to see how well we get along with others and how sociable we are. She then asked us all questions one by one, sometimes asking us different questions. After she asked all of her questions she pulled us aside individually and spoke to us about availability, future goals, previous experience, etc. She told me that she did not have any more interviews that day and that we should hear from her by the end of the day. She called me at around 6 that evening, offering me a job position and told me to come in Monday afternoon to do my new hire paperwork and orientation. I feel that this interview process was very quick and nice and I loved the group that I interviewed with. I will update with orientation details. ***UPDATE*** My orientation ended up being my first day where I did paperwork and folded clothes and learned the ropes of the place and I already got scheduled great hours for the remainder of the week even though the schedule was already made. I got hired along with one other girl from my interview group and the employees are very friendly and funny. Loving it so far!!!

Interview Questions

• How did you work with a team to make a successful customer service experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Glendale, CA).

Interview

I got a one on one interview in the back room. I was asked typical questions, nothing that tough or out of the ordinary. I knew I wouldn't get the job because I was very unprepared and nervous.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Children's Place (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online 2-3 months before I got an email asking me to take an assessment. The day after I took the assessment I got a call asking me to come in for an interview the next day. The interviewer was nice the actual interview was held in the stockroom. She asked basic interview questions asked me to fold shirts that she had on the table to demonstrate how well I could fold. I asked her questions about how to move up in the company and what the job was like. Overall the interview felt more like a conversation I was comfortable and it went smoothly. She told me she'll call if I got the job. Got the call a couple hours later saying I got it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations she just offered me the position and told me the pay rate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I was called and asked to come in for an interview. The interview went very smoothly and was very casual, two days later I got a call saying I got the job and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place (New York, NY).

Interview

quick easy and to the point. filled out applocation got a call in a week and interviewed for it and was offered the position on the spot. overall it was a great experience for the interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't any negotiation set pay

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

They interview you twice. To make sure your a perfect fit. They don't have extra hours to give out for training. You have to be a fast learner. If you are theres room to grow and be apart of the management team.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

very quick about 5 minutes she asked simple questions about myself and my work experience the hiring manager was very friendly but I left about 3 months after that because they was only giving me 2 days out the week

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Jackson, MS) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. The manager talked more than me. She explained working in the store, meeting sales goals, etc. Since I was a full-time student, she told me I can call in to do homework/project if I needed to on a day I was scheduled to work. She was very nice. She hired me right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you're able to work here?   1 Answer