The Children's Place Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2018

1.8

221 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Easton, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

applied online and within a week they called me to set up an interview, manger was not prepared and made up questions on the spot. couple of times she said let me think of a question. said she was call me within the week after the interview and never did

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw someone put a pair of jeans in their purse?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Paramus, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

Really easy, asked basic questions. took about 5 mins. She was really sweet and laid back, said she really liked me and would call back in 2 days after talking to her manager. Still waiting and im freakin out.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I've been trying to get to an actual interview for a simple part-time job for the past few months. I applied to two stores and filled out an assessment for one of them. I attempted reaching the store manager via phone but was unsuccessful. I contacted another store, closer to my home, and after a few calls, the store manager finally got on the phone but sounded like he was just too busy which I find ridiculous coming with a very corp background in retail. I am told that an assessment test must be done, and redone, for every location applied to. I cannot comprehend the inefficiency of this process. I don't appreciate being given the runaround. I have a great deal of experience that this company can benefit from but I find their operational process inefficient. Additionally, when calling a store, I cannot understand what the person on the phone is saying. There is no enunciation so one word seems to slide into the next and they seem to be in an awful rush. This experience has left me with such a poor impression of this company.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was quick and easy. Very straightforward. They used common resume questions. The manager was very friendly and nice. The interview took at least 10-30 minutes. They are looking for people who will work hard and do their job.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Sacramento, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Super quick and understandable manager! Hired me on the spot! Look forward to working at the children’s Place! Hiring process was quick , was asked to come in for interview the very next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very short interview. The manager was very nice. It was group interview so I had to wait a couple minutes for everyone to show up. The interview took place in the stock room.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Was sent an assessment via email a few days later. Was called in for a one on one interview with a manager after passing the assesment. Was offered the position a few days after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Riverside, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied 2 months before the called me. It was a group interview with 4 other girls. One of the managers came in first and asked us all questions and went in order of the way we were sitting. Usually the same question and we all have our answer. After she finished another manager came in and asked basically the same questions. They said they would call us the next week

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Medford, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online,and I got a call to schedule an interview a couple days later. The interview was on the sales floor with the manager because she was the only one, and there were customers. The interview lasted about 5-10 min. She was super nice, and told me I got the job on the spot. I had to complete a survey online after I completed the application and it was about 50 short agree or disagree questions.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to have the sales floor and stock room organized at all times?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked retail before?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a recent time in which you were given exceptional customer service, and how would you apply it in our store?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little about yourself, and your availability?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

The interview wasn't long. I received a call within a week from applying. I went in for the interview asked questions like strengths and weaknesses. Availability etc. the interviewer asked about my previous work and how I deal with customers. And if I was able to handle doing multiple tasks at once