The Children's Village Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Children's Village Interview Questions

2.4

Caseworker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Village (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview went very well. The interviewer was very easy going, felt relaxed. Went over the job requirements and the company first before beginning to ask questions. There wasn't anything unexpected that popped up.

Recreation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Children's Village (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

After about a month plus recieved a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with three managers/directors of different areas of the sports facility. The interview went went for the most part. Very professional and attentive and would have love to be apart of the team. The interview lasted for 2 hours mostly because when the two other interviewees answered questions it felt as if they where speaking for 10 mins each.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you can reach youth with triggers and a trauma filled past?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Bookkeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Children's Village (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

the interview went well. they call me back three times and I did not get the jobs. was interview by the CFO and the director of Finance twice

Interview Questions

• what is the reason why you only work 2 years at each job   Answer Question

Control Room Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Village (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked many situation questions with dealing with children of special needs. Many hours of training will have to be done before actual hiring. This jobs requires many hours in close proximity with special needs children. There are going to be times when I would have to work week ends and holidays. Children with special needs have to be monitored constantly.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do I have in this field?
      What made me interested in this type of work?
      Would I be comfortable working with special need children?
      Would I be comfortable working in this kind of environment?
      1 Answer

Sociotherpist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Village in April 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. It was me and four other people. We were interviewed by two employees.The interview was probably about an hour long. We were all asked the same question.

Socio Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Children's Village (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and two days later received a phone call to come in for a group interview. When it was time for the interview, there were eight people all being interviewed at the same time. We were asked a question and all eight of us had to go around the room and answer the same question. It honestly was the strangest interview I had ever been to because instead of asking each person a different question we all heard each others responses and almost everyone piggy backed off of each other. A day later, I received an email telling me to get finger printed and submit references. After I did that, I received a phone call from HR offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to deal with a difficult child   1 Answer

Psychiatric Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Village (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy, basic questions about dealing with kids.
    They wanted to finger print me before hand, actually.
    cant remember, i think it was interview, then finger print. then more forms. maybe vice versa. it was a lot though. it took me only two weeks though, where as it took others about two months for the whole process. they also drug test. and orientation. during the two week orientation you get to work first hand with the kids to see if you ACTUALLY want to work there. i know two ppl decided to leave the job alone during the orientation.

Interview Questions

• how i would handle a situation if a fight breaks out   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Village.

Interview

My interview process was slightly unique, I met directly with the unit director who asked me to provide a sample of my writing. After which he asked about my work experience. It was very brief and relaxed however I was able to sense the intensity of how things could get on campus as an officer came in to arrest a child.

Assistant Or Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Children's Village (Richmond Hill, GA).

Interview

The director at the time was very unorganized, so it took some time before hearing back. Interview was laid back. There was a scenarios sheet I had to fill out. It basically asked how you'd handle certain situations in the classroom.

The interview was held while walking around the building. Since they liked me, I was offered to come back on another day to spend time in a classroom. Both were laid back. Just be aware of the hand washing policies and you'll be fine.

Youth Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Village (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Consisted of an online application, which required some short written responses. During the online application, I also had to provide 5 professional references. Once HR contacted me for an interview, I had to bring supporting documents. I also got a background check, a drug test, a physical, and a ppd shot.