The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.6

Creative Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

It was very low-key at first, friendly. I was obviously overqualified for the original position I applied for, so my interviewers quickly promoted my potential and I was soon interviewing for a larger role.

I interviewed multiple times with different people, 6 actually.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible in the position you are seeking and do you have experience working with cross-functional teams?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Rexburg, ID) in February 2017.

Interview

Signed up for interview, and they reviewed my resume. The interview involved soft skill questions as well as some programing questions and problem solving. I had to do some coding some on paper and some on a computer. They notify you several weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with an coworker, and how did you handle that situation.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I had a two phone interviews, and then was invited to visit the headquarters. In preparation for the face to face interview, I was asked to prepare a presentation about my subject area for a group of people to review. After the group review, I went to lunch with the team. After that, I was offered the job.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume online and emailed with the hiring manager to clarify my skills for the position. First interview was onsite with two members of the team I would have been working with, and the second interview was onsite with one of the team members an a very high-up supervisor who created the program I would have been managing. They called to let me know by phone whether or not I had been accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my ability to handle ambiguity in the English language, especially in a music translation position.   1 Answer
    • They asked me if I liked reading books and what kinds of books I had read recently.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

This was absolutely the best interviewing experience I have ever had! I interviewed first with the whole team, then the hiring manager and his director for the second interview. Everything about the experience was positive. The people who work there are exceptionally nice and thoughtful and encouraging. They were also very informative and very open to answering questions. While some of the questions they asked were quite challenging, they treated it like a conversation to help make the experience personable and engaging. One unique twist that I have only experienced at one other place was preparing a 10 minute presentation to address a strategic situation. That was a difficult task, but helped in many ways to prepare for the interview itself. They were also very kind and encouraging when I was informed I did not get the position. If given the opportunity to interview here again, there would be no hesitation - I would!

Interview Questions

• Based on what you know about the organization, how would you allocate percentages of time spent on certain variables?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Riverton, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

I met with three managers for a web developer internship. They were very nice and easy to talk to. We discussed my background and projects that I had worked on. I did some white boarding with a toy problem. Within a few days, I was offered an internship.

Interview Questions

• The toy problem involved the Fibonacci sequence and how to solve it with a function.   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Flew out to Salt lake and had a great Interview at a respectable restaurant. I was then given a tour of the building and offices and of Temple Square. I was introduced to the team and was made to feel comfortable, respected and even needed. The questions were not too difficult but very pertinent. The process did take a long time from initial phone call to the actual offer.

Interview Questions

• Why would you consider working for the Church rather than a for profit company?   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Rexburg, ID) in March 2016.

Interview

Awesome! My manager interviewed me, and I felt like I was able to accurately represent myself. I didn't have all the necessary skills for the job, but my interviewer told me he had a good feeling about me and gave me the job!

Interview Questions

• Along with the usuals, he asked "If it's 11:20 on an Analog clock, what is the angle between the two hands?" (note: that includes the slight rotation of the hour hand between the hours). I got it wrong three times, but he didn't care. He said he just had to ask because it was required.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was my first negotiation. The Interns get a set rate of 18/hr, but when I got my contract, I was referred to HR and we discusses wages. I presented a list of features I've added, and the education I as seeking outside of work that would contribute to my job. I got a high offer, I feel.

Senior HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

It was well organized and a strong process. I did have to come back several times, which made it a little challenging. You have to be a member of the church and hold a current temple recommend.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with conflict? And what was your role in resolving it?   1 Answer

Information Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Interview

The process was thorough, yet surprisingly haphazard. It took months to get through the hiring process. There wasn't the standard opportunity to negotiate salary, etc. The offer was contingent upon working through a third-party staffing agency who didn't play a role within the interview process. There were several red flags of how the manager handled the interview, which I should have paid more attention to. They turned out to be quite indicative of his poor management skills.

Interview Questions

• I was presented with a number of technical and regulatory acronyms and asked what they stood for and describe the related concepts and policies.   Answer Question