The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.7

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got called in shortly after. The first interview went without a hitch, I interviewed with two different branches and got a call back for the final interview a week later. This one, I never got a confirmation email, and had to register on site as a visitor. This was after contacting the HR Rep about whether I was actually going or not. When I got there, neither the hiring manager or the actual manager bothered to show up or even reach out to me about their absence. A high level C executive came and interviewed me solo for a position he knew little about, and a department he wasn't even in charge of. He asked me three questions, I asked him three, and left after it was clear that neither of the managers were going to show up. Got a rejection letter two days later.

Interview Questions

Interview

Was called in for an interview. It was pretty relaxed - nothing to get too worried about. Just asked me about myself, my skills, interests, and my own mission experience.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would help the Referral Center?   Answer Question

GSC Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. I sent an application and they said they would get in touch with me when they had an open position. They sent me an email a month later to inform me to call the supervisor to set up an interview date. I called and had an interview the next day. The interview was casual and the interviewers were nice and friendly. There's also an online test on your customer service skills afterwards, which was fairly easy even for me with no call center experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to learn a new process, what steps did you take to learn it?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume, asked to complete online video interview. The online video recording was difficult to prepare. The interviewee was given multiple chances at the recording, but it was a miserable experience to create.

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers in a single interview meeting. The interviews were scheduled back to back, so I met other candidates for the position. The interview questions were pretty basic. There was not a question about how many ping pong balls would fit into an airplane.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Rexburg, ID) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviews came to my school at BYUI in Rexburg and conducted interviews . It was a pretty easy interview since they iNterview everyone that's interested. We spoke about my experience and strengths. No other questions about personality or challenges were asked.

Creative Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

It was very low-key at first, friendly. I was obviously overqualified for the original position I applied for, so my interviewers quickly promoted my potential and I was soon interviewing for a larger role.

I interviewed multiple times with different people, 6 actually.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible in the position you are seeking and do you have experience working with cross-functional teams?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Rexburg, ID) in February 2017.

Interview

Signed up for interview, and they reviewed my resume. The interview involved soft skill questions as well as some programing questions and problem solving. I had to do some coding some on paper and some on a computer. They notify you several weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with an coworker, and how did you handle that situation.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I filled out the online application and was invited to participate in a video conference. After the video conference about two months went by before I was invited to the Church headquarters for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• We have many applicants for this position, why should we choose you?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Rexburg, ID) in January 2017.

Interview

A team was sent to my college. They interviewed several dozen students for various positions. The questions started with basic personality questions, then went on to conceptual and finally technical questions. It was a pretty in depth interview as to my knowledge of the related subject matter.

Interview Questions

• Can you share with us an example of a time you did not get along with a coworker and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question