The Cleaning Authority Cleaner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 18, 2016

1.4

Certified Professional House Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Cleaning Authority (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

He transferred my data from my last cleaning authority and pretty much hired me on the spot because of my experience. He interviewed me on a Friday and I started that Monday morning.

Interview Questions

• Can I spend all day on my feet?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Bend, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Cleaning Authority (North Bend, WA).

Interview

you interview with two people the owner and her son. before that an 80 question questionare needs to be answered.after the interview they will call you after a few hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Cleaning Authority (Salisbury, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied in the Salisbury, NC location. Showed up on time and filled out application. 1 other person was there and finished first so the owner took her into the back office and interviewed her for at least 30+ minutes. While the other person was still in there, the owner came out and asked if I could come back in the morning as she didn't have any further time for interviewing. I agreed and came back the next day. Owner seemed very rude about the fact that I had worked in fields much better than what I was applying for. Only interviewed for 10 minutes if and then said she would make some phone calls and get back with me in a day or 2. Never heard back and it has been 2 weeks. Total waste of my time and after reading some of the reviews, on glassdoor, I am glad I never got called back. They seem like a company that feeds the franchise owner and the ones doing the hard work get minimal pay and compensation for using their car to drive all over God's creation. Was only offered $.25 a mile and I hear that they dock pay for the whole week if you are late/sick for just one day. Seems boarderline illegal to me. Was never told about any of that during the very short interview. I am a male, as well, and when I called to see if any positions were still open (there was) I asked "do you hire men?" Owner said "oh yea we have had a few but they all went to the military." My thoughts are that she was very prejudiced to men/me and only went through the interview as a "look good" effort. I knew before I left I was not getting a job there and not because I was told directly but just by the way she acted towards me. They obviously want people with low education so that they can run the docking scam w/o repercussion all the while using your resources/hard work to make them rich.

Interview Questions

• Why was I not looking for a job within my current skill sets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Cleaning Authority (Ellington, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

I arrived on time to the location of the franchise I'd applied to, and I found the door to the office locked with no one there to greet me. That was disconcerting. I called the contact number I'd been given, which rang through to corporate, and I was told the interviewer was out on an emergency and would call me back in five minutes. Once the interviewer called me and arrived, I was welcomed into a basement room office that seemed spartan. I think this might vary from franchise to franchise, though. The interviewer greeted me, provided me with an application form, led me to a round table, and then had to take a call. The interviewer's side of the conversation echoed around the office, as there were no separate rooms within that office. I finished the application and reviewed it with the interviewer, clarifying some points on the application. Then I asked about what accommodations could be made or could I make for my indoor allergies, which can lead to an asthma attack when triggered. The interviewer said he'd never had an applicant with allergy issues apply before, and further conversation informed me that my allergies would probably make this job a bad fit for me. After that one question had been discussed, the interviewer then told me that the next step in the application process would be to actually work the job for at least a day to really get a feel for the job and that I could expect a phone call to arrange the job shadow by the following Tuesday (my interview was on a Thursday) if the company was interested in pursuing my particular application. Then I said goodbye to my interviewer and left the office. It was not a bad experience, but it did not greatly impress me.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any issue with coming in at 7:50a.m. for the daily meeting? (The application question asked if I was willing to start before 8:00a.m., and I had checked no.)   1 Answer

House Cleaner Interview

Interview

When I first got there I watched a video and then filled out a paper application then me and the owner went into his office and he asked me a couple questions one which being did I ever quit on the spot. My answer was yes and I tried to explain to him why but he just blew me off and said be would never consider me. I guess having to be put in the hospital because I was deathly sick wasn't a good enough reason

Interview Questions

• If I have ever not given a two week notice   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Cleaning Authority (Racine, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

there were two interviews, I was offered the job after the first and then I needed to come back to go over the rules with the owner the day before I started. this was helpful to learn more about the company so I was very well prepared for the first day with my trainer. rules and expectations are very clear, good employees get rewarded, which I personally love!

Interview Questions

• Do you like to clean? Do you have a car? Insurance? License?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Cleaning Authority (West Chester, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Basically the guy called me over and over til I got time to call him he asked for a interview I came into the interview and he gave me the job right away, he let me watch a video and then when I was done he came and got me and said so when can you start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Cleaning Authority (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

I spoke to the manager for less than 20 seconds and she only asked about transport. I drove 20 mins for a one on one interview and I got nothing. The rest of the interview process was the application and then a questionnaire. It was a lot of questions about weed usage and your opinions about that and the government and if you think all laws are good. Also, they ask a lot of questions about stealing. Basically, I felt like they assumed that since I was cleaning houses I must be a drug using, law breaking, thieving individual....or that's what they have been hiring. That's not a group I want to get caught up with.

Interview Questions

• They asked about 15 different questions about Marijuana alone. It was borderline ridiculous. The question that surprised me the most was about cell phone use. They have a policy that you can not for any reason ever have your cell phone. In fact, you have to leave it at the office before you go, Then they went on to state that you have to be there by 7 am and sometimes you wont get back to the office until 6pm on long days and you are only allotted one 30 min lunch break all day. So, I can't let my family know I'm running late and I'll basically work myself to death or starve to death...either way...its slavery IMO   1 Answer

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Cleaning Authority (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

Very fast. They give you an application. Ask for last 3 places worked, 3 references etc. After filling out my application and handing it to the interviewer she had me wait in the waiting area while she looked it over in her office. I heard her whispering to the other girl in the office but I couldn't make out what she was saying. When she came out and approached me she had a very long face on. She said that after reviewing my resume and seeing that I've worked as a receptionist, I am "used to sitting", therefore I wouldn't be "a good fit" since this is "hard work".

I am clearly able-bodied and this struck me as outright discrimination on her part to rule me out since I've done desk work. Ridiculous. They just let a reliable hard worker with transportation walk out the door because of this woman's presumptions. After all of this, she goes on to tell me about the job anyway and says she will speak to her supervisor about me to see what he thinks.

The pay rate is lower than some other cleaning companies too.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but last question asked "why should be hire you"?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Cleaning Authority (Exton, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

A brief in-office interview after the application was submitted. I was handed the application and completed it at the office. After completing the application I had to wait an additional 25 minutes for someone to take it. I did not get a good feeling about applying here and would not recommend it to anyone else.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions, only concerns about being able to physically do the job. Their newspaper advertisement was not at all accurate. The interviewer (franchise owners wife) was more of a salesman trying to sell the job to me. After another phone discussion prior to employment, I did not get a good feeling about the job but still decided to accept it.   1 Answer