The Climate Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Climate Corp Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

Technical video call. There were 3 rounds of interviews with different interviewers, maybe 30 mins each. Most of it involved coding on a shared screen, and there were some technical questions. The coding portion was very easy.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Preliminary phone call with HR with personality based questions and experiential and anecdotal answers with little technical depth, followed by a more thorough Skype interview with site engineers for 1.5 hours which covered the technical aspects of the role with more specific problem-solving questions.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

I applied online and got a call two days later from the HR. The position was based in Illinois Chicago. First round was an HR screening round with basic questions such as GPA, major, sponsorship, difficult situation etc. This was followed by a coding round, followed by two skype interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Really great. Team was very buttoned up in terms of expectation setting and communication, which isn't something you always see (and to me is a red flag for an overall employment experience).

I started with a couple phone interviews with my recruiter, then graduated to a couple of Google hangouts with a peer-level employee at the company. From there, I was assigned a design test, which was to be completed and presented upon my arrival in town for the in-person interview. At every stage, I knew what was expected and what the timelines were.

Design challenge portion was great--they issued me a problem and some basic guidance, and I was expected to work with my recruiter and peer contact if I had any questions. This is typical of how I would expect an actual workplace scenario to play out, so my guess here is they are looking primarily for self-starters who aren't afraid to ask questions.

Face-to-face interview occurred with several members of the design and product team(s), along with my recruiter. This was a relatively intense half-day process, made up of a group interview/presentation where I went through my design challenge (rationale, Q&A, etc.), followed by a series of 1:1 interviews with other team members. Very thorough. This was about what I'd expected for a silicon valley interview process.

Ultimately, I wasn't offered the position, though the company was very transparent and forthcoming about the reason why; the position was closed and couldn't be offered a couple weeks after I came in. The way they handled this communication was (again) really straightforward and honest. I've had other experiences where the recruiters or contacts would drop off the face of the earth during the hiring process. I never felt that way with this team. Kudos on that.

Interview Questions

• One of the (honest!) hardest questions for me came at the end of the day, where I was asked where I wanted to be in (say) 5 years from that position.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

I talked to a person in HR department. She asked me basic behavioral questions including my favorite course, my experience as a team member. We also went over my resume.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

There were three phone screens over the course of a month, followed up by a superday of four more interviews on-site. Everything went well until the superday, where I was a bit thrown off by the coding questions and had not prepared properly. The presentation was awkward as well, as most of the interviewers were remote and the ones present were on both sides of me. Despite their repeated questioning of "are you relaxed? don't feel nervous", it was a bit of an odd set up. I only really rate it as a negative experience because a week after rejecting me, someone from HR asked me to give them a detailed review of my experience. Sorry, without feedback from you, I cannot give that.

Interview Questions

• 1. In-depth questions about remote sensing & GIS topics.
      2. Intermediate level programming questions in the language of your choice.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Climate Corp in February 2017.

Interview

Started with phone screen from recruiter. It was just going over my background.

Next was a phone interview with the manager. It was mostly going over the role and what would be expected of me. I was asked one question on how I would design a software solution to a problem.

Onsite interview was 3 hours. It was very informal and fun. I was given a tour of the office first, then two rounds of more technical interviews. The first was assessing my skills while the second I had to solve a problem given while working with the interviewers on coming up with a good solution. After that, it was another talk with the manager who answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Work through a problem proposed and show how it would be coded up and how the solution can be improved. Pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First, met with their recruiter to learn about their company, what they're looking for, etc. The technical interview was similar to many software engineering jobs. Here are five more words.

Interview Questions

• How exactly to write a Map Reduce job for a simple specific data set.   Answer Question
    • Whether an insertion sort, given certain conditions, would run more efficiently than its average time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. This interview was with someone from HR. The questions were fairly basic- about my previous internship experiences, how I found out about the Climate Corporation, why I wanted to intern there.
    The recruiter said that they would contact me in a few weeks with the result but I didn't hear back. When I sent a follow-up email a few months later, I didn't receive any response.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (New York, NY).

Interview

First round: Behavioral/Screen
    Second Round: Skype interviews with 3 different people (in one day)
    - Coding question (cannot remember what the question was but somewhat easy)
    - Talked with 2 hiring managers (behavioral/questions about college courses taken)

Interview Questions

• (Machine Learning question) Given a set of data, what are the important steps you take to train the algorithm?   Answer Question