The Climate Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Climate Corp Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

I talked to a person in HR department. She asked me basic behavioral questions including my favorite course, my experience as a team member. We also went over my resume.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First, met with their recruiter to learn about their company, what they're looking for, etc. The technical interview was similar to many software engineering jobs. Here are five more words.

Interview Questions

• How exactly to write a Map Reduce job for a simple specific data set.   Answer Question
    • Whether an insertion sort, given certain conditions, would run more efficiently than its average time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. This interview was with someone from HR. The questions were fairly basic- about my previous internship experiences, how I found out about the Climate Corporation, why I wanted to intern there.
    The recruiter said that they would contact me in a few weeks with the result but I didn't hear back. When I sent a follow-up email a few months later, I didn't receive any response.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (New York, NY).

Interview

First round: Behavioral/Screen
    Second Round: Skype interviews with 3 different people (in one day)
    - Coding question (cannot remember what the question was but somewhat easy)
    - Talked with 2 hiring managers (behavioral/questions about college courses taken)

Interview Questions

• (Machine Learning question) Given a set of data, what are the important steps you take to train the algorithm?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and first had fit interview with HR and then was scheduled for a 2 hour interview with 4 different engineers from 4 different teams. I had to use google hangouts and Coderpad for the interview. Coderpad takes up tons of bandwidth and even on a great wireless network, I would recommend complete this interview hardwired.

Interview Questions

• Write code to find kth maximum value in a list of n elements. Write code to check to see if a tree is a binary search tree. Insert the new line character (\n) into a string every 10 characters. The code must make sure that no words are spilt on two lines.   Answer Question

Sensing Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I got interviewed with a recruiter. She was nice and after the interview she said she needs to discuss with her manager and contact me later.

Interview Questions

• Screening interview,
      Asked about why I chose my PhD program.
      What is the most challenging project in my PhD experience.
      What is my favorite class.
      Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (Norman, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a position fitting well to my background. I got a 10 min phone screen. The recruiter was not happy with my background. I got a rejection email later on.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my backgrounds and why I am interested in the position.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, followed by a phone call with the hiring manager. Then a remote one hour technical interview that involved questions and coding.

I passed the one hour technical interview so I got invited to an on-site. The on-site was your typical 4+ hour Google style interrogation. Started off with lunch with the hiring manager. A strange experience as I was required to ask questions for the entire duration of lunch. Apparently, our 30 min phone conversation was all the hiring manager needed to know about me. I summoned every ounce of creativity I had and somehow filled up 45 min. or so of one-sided conversation.

After that I got hammered by one person after another on technical questions. Some interviewers were better than others. Some interviews went better than others. Overall the process embodied many of the worst aspects of technical interviews, and left me drained and feeling like an imposter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I received an email online. The recruiter said there will be a phone interview next week. It's a screening interview. The recruiter is nice. She leads the conversation and open my mind. Just ask some questions about your experience on resume. Which is the best language you use. What is your favourite project and describe it.
    However, after the interview, I wait the response for 1 week. But no one contact me. After I sent an email to request the progress, they reply me immediately with the rejection letter.
    The phone interview environment was nice but I dislike the one-week waiting and the immediately response. It seems like they forget to consider me in this week and only spend 1 minute to reject me.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite project?
      Why you choose our company?
      What technique languages you use in this project?
      Which is the best language you use(do not recommend normal language such as java.)
      Answer Question

Associate Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

I had 1 telephonic interview with recruiter and then technical phone interview was scheduled with one of the engineer. After this interview i received an email from recruiter that they would like to schedule another pair programming interview. I had followed up multiple time with recruiter but haven't heard any thing.