The Climate Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Climate Corp Interview Questions

Interviews at The Climate Corp

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

Recruiting consultant flaked on the initial phone call and the one we rescheduled. Claimed that he was in a meeting and didnt get a notification for our 1st meeting. Been hours since our rescheduled one was for and no call, no email, nothing. I suggest Climate needs to look into the quality control of its recruiting process and improve oversight of its consulting staff – reflects badly on their company.

Interview Questions

• Asked if was interested in talking about a role with Climate Corp.   1 Answer

Climate Business Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was very easy but it was a long process. They were all very nice and courteous and made you feel welcome and comfortable. The questions were not overall complicated and were pretty standard but you did have to put some good thought into it, they keep you on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a disgruntled customer and the process you used to handle it.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (San Francisco, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Ask me some basic questions in terms of hashset and that's it.Ask me some basic questions in terms of data structure and that's it. Ask me some basic questions in terms of data science and that's it.

Interview Questions

• How to de-duplicate an array with O(n)?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (Seattle, WA) in December 2019.

Interview

The first one is a phone interview asking about your background, second one is a technical interview, and the last one is meeting with the manager online introducing the team. HR and the interviewer are super nice. So far I haven't done the last interview but I am impressed by how kind and efficient the staff is.

Interview Questions

• given an array represents the coin values, how do u use the coins to reach target value?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2019.

Interview

Passed the initial 1hr technical phone screen and was invited to 2 more interviews onsite (one behavioral, one technical). Everything went well and I received positive feedback overall, but after all the interviews I was informed that the position was no longer available for some reason (possibly budget-related? I can't remember exactly; it was kind of vague).

Everyone was extremely nice and I was excited to work here, but the way it all turned out in the end was vague and *very* disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Describe the technical details of the project listed on your cv.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake St Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (Lake St Louis, MO) in November 2019.

Interview

I had this onsite interview in late November 2019. The whole process is easy and friendly. They mainly focus on the problem solving skills and project experiences, very few coding questions. There are three rounds. First, technical round; Second, presentation; Third, behavior.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (San Francisco, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter and I spoke with the recruiter. This company is apart of the problem with the wage disparity!!! Especially in tech... The recruiter denied my request for the Pascale. California law, AB168 The law also requires employers to provide candidates a payscale for a prospective job, upon request. She instead told me that after they meet with the candidate they talk about how much they plan to offer them based on their " performance" etc.

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (Seattle, WA) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen with a recruiter and hiring manager, followed by several on-site interviews covering both technical and non-technical focus areas. There was a timed live coding exercise, which was challenging.

Predictive Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

first round is HR interview, takes about 20 minutes. 2nd round is the video interview, needs to prepare slides and 45 min talk about research. Asked a lot of questions. Did not get to the third round.

Interview Questions

• ask a lot about the background of my research and the difficulties I encounter and how to deal with it.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp in October 2018.

Interview

I phone screened with them for an Engineering Manager position. There was a relatively easy coding problem and some generic team management questions.

The feedback I got was overwhelmingly opposite to what actually happened during the phone interview. I was told that I did not ask about requirements for the coding problem, which was completely false. The recruiter was also told by the interviewers that I failed to provide a running solution, which was an utter lie.

I had very categorically asked the interviewers about the scope and requirements of the problem even before writing a single line of code and yet they lied about it to the recruiter. We had agreed on some assumptions based on the problem statement and I provided a solution taking those assumptions into account. And even after solving the problem (and running it in coder-pad with the exact output asked for in the problem statement), I provided them alternate approaches that would work if we removed those assumptions.

While solving the problem, once we decided on the requirements and assumptions, before I started coding, I first provided the interviewers a naive approach and told them I would like to spend couple of minutes thinking about a possible optimized approach that could perhaps use some other data structure. And I spent no more than 2 mins in that optimization effort. While they were fine with that then, later on the interviewers told the recruiter that I wasted time trying to use "fancy data structures" and failed to provide a running solution.

The only failure on my part was in not noticing an intentional typo in the problem statement that one of the interviewers pointed out.

Based on what the interviewers told me as part of their introductions, it appears the folks who would have reported to me actually phone screened me. If they did not like me for whatever reason why could have provided some feedback to the recruiter as "not a good cultural fit" or some other such reason. Instead, they choose deceit and deception to justify their decision.

The fact that they failed my phone screen is of no consequence, but the outright misrepresentation by the interviewers is decidedly distasteful. If this is typical of their employees or their engineering/company culture, I feel sorry for anyone who works there.

I am thankful to the recruiter for providing me the exact feedback she was given. I should also mention that the recruiter was available throughout the process and took care of all logistics quite well.

Interview Questions

• Simple coding problem and some team management questions.   Answer Question

The Climate Corp Response

Nov 15, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We work hard to ensure every candidate interview is a positive one. It's unfortunate your experience didn’t match this goal. We did go back and review feedback and it appears there is a difference in perception on how you approached the problem during your coding assessment. You know your skills more intimately that we can based on a short 60-minute screen. At the end of the day, we’re very glad to hear the recruiter was able to help you navigate the process. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.