The Climate Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Climate Corp Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2018

3.1

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

Average interview focusing on the Resume. Asked many detailed questions about the statistical modeling and experimental design. Video meeting with 5 people including manager. Many questions are easy and based on the Resume

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

I applied for the job online and the HR emailed me about scheduling the interview a week later. After the interview, I never heard any response from them any more. I tried emailing her but there was never any reply, not even a rejection email.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

One technical phone screen and one onsite interview.

Recruiter interaction:
    I had a very positive interaction with my paired recruiter. I was contacted by a sourcer who told me a bit about Climate Corp. and then handed me off to a recruiter who checked in regularly and set up the remaining interviews. My recruiter contact checked in with me regularly and was really reasonable and kind when I declined the offer.

Phone Screen:
    Chatted with a Senior Engineer on the Seattle team. He was super enthusiastic and asked me a few questions about distributed system design and about my experiences. The technical portion was a few fairly straightforward python questions. Given a list of farm crops, create a map of farm crop to count of that crop in the list (that sort of thing). Then a rather difficult SQL question.

Onsite interview was in San Francisco for a position in Seattle.
    All my interviewers were super pleasant, although they were all via teleconference. This was a little awkward and gave the impression that they were interviewing me in San Francisco to avoid paying to fly me up to Seattle (fairly reasonable, but a bit of a turn off). Only two technical coding questions, one was fairly straight forward, another was really difficult, but the interviewer helped me to bumble through it. One host manager interview, and one technical design question (design an authorization system).

Overall very positive experience. Folks are very nice and seem very competent.

Applied Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviews started in August and was verbally offered a position in November. Restructuring and head count issues removed this position in 2017 and then was eliminated for 2018. Be careful with companies toward the end of the year and if they are in a merger/acquisition phase. Interview itself was straight forward, felt a bit like a qualifying exam with the team interviewing me but a really collegial atmosphere and seemed like a fun and challenging place to work. Maybe next time!

Interview Questions

• Specific biophysical processes, I should have reviewed more!   Answer Question

Backend Software Engineer (Data Analytics) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

1 hour online technical screen that required implemented a simple function (in language of choice).
    4 hour onsite interview with 3 individuals (two more technical).

Although I did not get an offer, I cannot give enough "thumbs up" to the Technical Recruiting team. They were very responsive and very supportive. I did poorly in the interview, and I was disappointed to not get an offer; but it was overall a good experience.

The recruiter talked to me on the phone and gave me helpful feedback for why they did not want to move forward.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

Applied online. After a few week, I got to schedule a phone screen with a HR. All the questions being asked were pretty basic and simple. Didn't move to the next step after that.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

The interview process was great and straight forward. Spoke with someone from HR first, then a couple of week later I had a interview with the team I would be working with and the hiring manager of that team
    First round: HR interview
    Second round: Resume & Technical Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Climate Corp in November 2017.

Interview

Met with them during an on-campus career fair. The HR seemed to like my profile, and I was told they will get back to me in a week. Having waited a month, I followed up with them. They scheduled an HR interview, which was generic questions about projects and work experience. It seemed to have gone fine

By the end of the week, I got a reply saying that I background wasn't well suited to the role. Which was puzzling because I had worked in the same profile for two years prior to that.

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Spoke to them during my school's career fair and was told to apply online. Applied and got an email a few weeks later asking to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was with a recruiter and she really wanted to hear about my interest in Climate and my experiences and other things I'm passionate about. A few weeks later (after I followed up with the recruiter) I got an offer to do a technical interview. This was a Hangouts interview with a shared code editor. Interviewer was really nice and we were able to have a very chill/casual conversation and the technical question he asked wasn't too hard. About a day or two after that interview I got asked to do a team interview. This was also a Hangouts interview, but with two different people. Spoke with the first guy for about 45 minutes and he assessed me more on my technical knowledge. Then spoke to one of the hiring managers and he wanted to hear more about my interest in the company and why I chose to pursue CS. The following week I got extended an offer! Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I appreciated how the company really seemed to value my experiences and cared about what I'm passionate about.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, write a function to determine if it is an anagram.   Answer Question

Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

3 parts: first was call with recruiter, second was phone interview with line manager, third was in panel interview with 6 senior folks at the SF office over 4 hours

Interview Questions

• If you had a to sell our SaaS product to a farmer, what approach would you take?   1 Answer