The Climate Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2018

3.1

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Climate Corp in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly disorganized. I spoke with three separate recruiters, and "fell through the cracks" twice, resulting in a process that took two months to complete. A month after my initial phone screen, I had written them off when I was surprised to hear back that they wanted to continue the process.

The first step was a phone screen with a recruiter. After that, I had a phone interview with an engineer, where we discussed some of my past projects and I was asked to solve a coding problem. The interview went well and I heard back that they wanted to fly me to San Francisco for an in person interview.

I had a full day of interviews at their office in San Francisco. It was a great chance to meet the team. The office is very nice and everyone seems very bright and driven.

I was told after a few days that feedback was positive and they would be extending an offer shortly. They also scheduled a phone call for me with the team lead. A few days later, however, I received another e-mail informing me that they were only looking to hire a senior candidate right now! I was surprised, since it seems like this should have been known from the onset and could've saved us all a lot of time.

Seems like a great company, but unfortunately the administrative staff seems to be having trouble keeping up with their current rapid growth.

Interview Questions

• Had to solve a coding exercise in Clojure using pair programming, which I stumbled with at first. I was also asked questions about some technologies that I'm not very familiar with, like MongoDB.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

First Phone screen is ask about basic Java knowledge. Then at the same day told me that I passed and schedule for a onsite interview.
     I went to the company and only ask one question about java. Then told me the interview is finished. I don't know what's going on! It is impossible. I went from San Jose to San Francisco for two hours, and it cost me one day for this. And I only asked one question then the manager is out and ask hr to tell me that I am not fit for this position.
    How could you know one question in java can decide I am not fit for this position??? So strange company, you can not believe it, take care if you waste time on it!!!!

Interview Questions

• Only asked one question then the manager is out and ask hr to tell me that I am not fit for this position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The recruiter sent me an email to schedule a phone interview after I applied online. The interview lasted about 45 minutes, and all he asked were behavioral questions. So you'll need to be prepared for any activity or project or intern experience you put on your resume. They're especially interested in Closure language. If you know something about it, a big plus.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not difficult because it's about your resume, just describe relevant experiences clearly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The hiring manager setup a phone interview for the same day. The Software Architect gave me a call. Here are the few questions:
    1. How to reverse an array in place
    2. Wht were the new features in python 2.6
    3. Couple questions on the resume

The company provides weather insurance to farmers, to travelers, outdoor event organizers, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interviewers were very nice but the interview process last for too long. Beware of that if applying for this company.

Interview Questions

• How would design a log and a map reduce job that counts the nbr of persons and their gender?   1 Answer
    • Given latitude and longitude with some degree of precision how would you find the most near location in our key-pair value database?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was at their headquarters for 4 hours and had 4 back to back interviews. The interviews were technical and they tried to tailor the questions to my background. The last interview was with the head of engineering and it was an overview of what the company does in a very high level more than a technical interview. The interviewers were very amiable and they definitely made stressful moments a lot easier. I would say the programming and algorithmic questions were not very hard but I just got nervous and screwed up a bit.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of documents and a query, how would you find the top 10 most relevant documents to that query?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp in March 2015.

Interview

The process was very long and involved talked with people from several different offices (in different time zones) and several different online services. A recruiter phone screen, then a phone interview with HR, followed by an online code test. Then two phone/online technical interviews before a 3 hour on site interview. The people involved were all very professional but the process leaves a bit to be desired.

Interview Questions

• The classic Fizz-Buzz problem in whatever language you are comfortable with   1 Answer
    • Given a large database of contact information, how would you find and merge duplicates (including partial duplication)?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Climate Corp in June 2014.

Interview

I had an incredible experience interviewing with this company. A recruiter from our Seattle office was the first to contact me. Within two minutes of the first call she had completely removed any nervousness on my part and set me completely at ease. We bantered about the industry, our past work experiences and what I was looking for in my next position. This is precisely what recruiters should do, assess candidates at their most natural, and ascertain as complete a picture as possible not only about skill sets but the person's personality, gauging how well that would play with the hiring team's. I had initially applied to a different team, but the one she placed me with, in hindsight, makes perfect sense, and honestly could not be a better fit. In short, my recruiter is amazing at her job.

The initial recruiter call was followed by a technical phone screen with the hiring manager, and then an on-site interview, with five different people on the team, starting with the hiring manager. They were all one on one interviews, two of which were more technical. It was a good mixture of technical questions and personality/character inquiry. I spent a lot of the time speaking with the hiring manager figuring out how well we would work together. By the time I finished, I had decided I would love it. I was correct.

Interview Questions

• One of the in-person interviews was with someone more involved at the time with infrastructure. There was nothing that I felt was particularly difficult but I had to figure out how to adapt to a different personality on short notice, which caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate compensation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Climate Corp in November 2014.

Interview

It was a 45 minute technical phone screen with interactive coding online. I applied through the career fair. I messed up a lot and felt awful afterwards because this shouldn't have been a difficult phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Fibonacci through memoization (sort of)
      Mergesort   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 6 rounds of interviews with Climate ranging from behavioral based interviews with an IT recruiter to approximate hour-long interviews with engineers and my manager. The technical interviews weren't all that hard. Standard algorithm efficiency questions, stack/queue questions and a team-specific case study. If you have good programming fundamentals you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• I was given a use case of the companies Salesforce portal and asked how i would make it better.   1 Answer