The Climate Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Climate Corp Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

Applied online. After a few week, I got to schedule a phone screen with a HR. All the questions being asked were pretty basic and simple. Didn't move to the next step after that.

Backend Software Engineer (Data Analytics) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

1 hour online technical screen that required implemented a simple function (in language of choice).
    4 hour onsite interview with 3 individuals (two more technical).

Although I did not get an offer, I cannot give enough "thumbs up" to the Technical Recruiting team. They were very responsive and very supportive. I did poorly in the interview, and I was disappointed to not get an offer; but it was overall a good experience.

The recruiter talked to me on the phone and gave me helpful feedback for why they did not want to move forward.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

The interview process was great and straight forward. Spoke with someone from HR first, then a couple of week later I had a interview with the team I would be working with and the hiring manager of that team
    First round: HR interview
    Second round: Resume & Technical Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Climate Corp in November 2017.

Interview

Met with them during an on-campus career fair. The HR seemed to like my profile, and I was told they will get back to me in a week. Having waited a month, I followed up with them. They scheduled an HR interview, which was generic questions about projects and work experience. It seemed to have gone fine

By the end of the week, I got a reply saying that I background wasn't well suited to the role. Which was puzzling because I had worked in the same profile for two years prior to that.

Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

3 parts: first was call with recruiter, second was phone interview with line manager, third was in panel interview with 6 senior folks at the SF office over 4 hours

Interview Questions

• If you had a to sell our SaaS product to a farmer, what approach would you take?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

Technical video call. There were 3 rounds of interviews with different interviewers, maybe 30 mins each. Most of it involved coding on a shared screen, and there were some technical questions. The coding portion was very easy.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Preliminary phone call with HR with personality based questions and experiential and anecdotal answers with little technical depth, followed by a more thorough Skype interview with site engineers for 1.5 hours which covered the technical aspects of the role with more specific problem-solving questions.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Climate Corp in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and, a month later, was contacted by a recruiter. The person completely missed the call at first and rescheduled to a later time. This is no big deal. However, the recruiter is the face of a company, and should at the minimum come across professional and positive, definitely not sarcastic or disrespectful, which is how this person portrayed themselves.
    Throughout the conversation, I was constantly interrupted and inappropriately pressured. Perhaps this was a stress test, if so, I hope this review helps candidates prepare.
    I'd like the recruiter to know that maybe you had a bad day. It's fine. But for thousands of job seekers out there, any day can be a roller coaster ride, struggle, or straight up nightmare... Be nice to candidates.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview

I applied online and got a call two days later from the HR. The position was based in Illinois Chicago. First round was an HR screening round with basic questions such as GPA, major, sponsorship, difficult situation etc. This was followed by a coding round, followed by two skype interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Climate Corp in February 2017.

Interview

Started with phone screen from recruiter. It was just going over my background.

Next was a phone interview with the manager. It was mostly going over the role and what would be expected of me. I was asked one question on how I would design a software solution to a problem.

Onsite interview was 3 hours. It was very informal and fun. I was given a tour of the office first, then two rounds of more technical interviews. The first was assessing my skills while the second I had to solve a problem given while working with the interviewers on coming up with a good solution. After that, it was another talk with the manager who answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Work through a problem proposed and show how it would be coded up and how the solution can be improved. Pretty straightforward.   Answer Question