The Clorox Company Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Clorox Company Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First interviewed on campus (university) which was about half behavioral and half technical style. The technical questions are fundamental finance questions such as NPV, IRR, time value of money, margins, and understanding basic accounting entries such as depreciation and COGS.

The onsite-interview in Oakland had several segments to it: behavioral, technical, case study and lunch. The interviewers are all friendly and easy to talk to so the interviews went pretty smoothly. The technical portion was similar to the initial one I had; checking for understanding of fundamental financial concepts. The case study I had involved looking at a simplified balance sheet and P&L for two separate products and analyzing them and making a recommendation.

Though my experience with the interviewers and hiring managers was positive, the overall recruiting process was unorganized. The hotel they arranged for me wasn't prepaid so I had to pay out of pocket and then reach out to HR about expenses (travel & hotel). The hiring manager assured me that they would get back to me within 2 weeks so I had to reach out at after two weeks for them to tell me that they needed one more week.

It turns out that they had sent out too many offers to a different university before and were waiting to hear back from the students there before they could make their decisions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Clorox Company

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting. My first round interview was on campus the following week and the final round 2 weeks after that. The first round is basic behavioral and finance/accounting concepts. Final round is at headquarters and includes technical, behavioral, and case study. They are very friendly during interviews and try to help you work through questions! The case study is not nearly as difficult as other ones, they just want to see how you think through numbers and ideas. As a company, I think it's clear they want to get to know who you are and if you fit with their generally happy, positive culture.

Interview Questions

• What is time value of money?   Answer Question
    • What would you consider when acquiring a company in terms of their financial statements?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you demonstrated...curiosity, adaptability, leadership, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Behavioral, technical, and Case Study. they take you out to lunch, and are really fast with getting back.I think that the interviews are not hard, but they require you to show how you think.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Clorox Company in February 2016.

Interview

the whole interview is very smooth and the interviewer is very nice guy who seemed very smart and passionate about Math,
    and just very simple accounting questions plus carrer goal questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university career portal. They set up an on-campus interview first and got back to me within 24 hours with an invitation for an on-site interview. I interviewed at their Oakland HQ the following week. There was one technical, one behavioral, and one case interview. The case was pretty short but definitely required you to think a bit. The technical and behavior interviews were one-on-one but the case study had three interviewers gathered around the table. They entire on-site interview went from 8:30am to 12:30pm. They take you out to lunch with some of the analysts afterwards. The recruiter got back to me the following week with their final decision.

Interview Questions

• What are reasons that Clorox would acquire another company rather than just product the products themselves?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question
    • Why do we appreciate assets?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

One technical interview, one behavioral interview and one case study. Questions weren't too hard and all of the interviewers were extremely nice and non-threatening. The interview process was very organized and everyone was very welcoming. They showed me around the Clorox building and took me out to lunch. Overall, good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews a technical, behavioral, and case study. This company is great like honestly the questions were challenging because they forced you to think about things outside of the box vs how you learn them in class. The questions will force you to be creative but it is definitely doable just stay confident and believe in yourself and give it your best, and you will be in the best possible position.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Clorox Company in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and had an interview at my university and a final interview at clorox headquarters. 4 seperate interviews about 1hr each during the final round. Interviewers were very smart and professional. Extremely great company with great people

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

The final round of interview consisted of 4 different interviews at the Clorox head quarters in Oakland, CA. There were two technical and two behavioral round. My first was a behavioral interview with a senior manager at Clorox. I felt quite comfortable during this interview and it seemed like a natural conversation to me. I appreciated the interviewer's patient and welcoming attitude. My second interview was a technical interview with a different interviewer. I felt that this interview was quite easy in terms of the technical questions. If you understand basic finance and accounting then this interview would have been easy for as well. My third interview (2nd behavioral) was with an employee who was younger than the other two. Surprisingly, this interview turned out to be pretty hard because I felt that I wasn't having a natural conversation. Moreover, the interviewer seemed unprepared and quite inarticulate. It felt more of an interrogation than an interview. I had the hardest time connecting to this interviewer. My fourth interview (2nd technical) was definitely harder than the first technical but it was still doable. The questions were not as straight forward so they required more critical thinking. The interviewer was willing to bounce off ideas and he encouraged me to think out loud.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an instance where you worked in a team and emerged as a leader? How did you influence your teammates to move in a certain direction?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I started out having several phone screens, then a day-long schedule of one on one interviews. Met with different managers, and only one of the current teammates. I later had a phone interview with VP, which lasted only 5 minutes. I guess that was more of a "check for red flags" kind of thing and that they had already made up their mind. Good process overall.