The Clorox Company Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

30 mins with first half Behavior questions and second half technical questions. The interviewer was really nice and make it as a conversation. Basically behavior are just the reasons that you want to work for the company. And I do think they draw a lot of attention on the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Basic Financial statements and their functions.
    2. How to value a project.
    3. Some product development solutions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Clorox Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (UC Berkeley, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career center, which was just a simple resume drop. 30 minute on-campus interview with a manager. 15 minutes behavioral, 15 minutes finance/accounting concepts. Process took about 2 weeks and they were quick to respond.

Neutral experience because I got good feedback from the manager who interviewed me, but was not given a second round so there is some lingering confusion.

Interview Questions

• How do you account for depreciation on the financial statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First interview is technical, then behavioral, then case analysis.

Technical involved asking questions on how you would evaluate investing in a project. NPV, TVM, couple journal entries. Behavioral are the usual questions you get from every interview. Then you have a 30 min break, and 30 min to look over the case study. I looked over a simplified version of the P&L.

Technical and Behavioral are one on one, case study was a panel of three.

Interview Questions

• What are some business drivers that would affect individual lines on the P&L?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First interviewed on campus (university) which was about half behavioral and half technical style. The technical questions are fundamental finance questions such as NPV, IRR, time value of money, margins, and understanding basic accounting entries such as depreciation and COGS.

The onsite-interview in Oakland had several segments to it: behavioral, technical, case study and lunch. The interviewers are all friendly and easy to talk to so the interviews went pretty smoothly. The technical portion was similar to the initial one I had; checking for understanding of fundamental financial concepts. The case study I had involved looking at a simplified balance sheet and P&L for two separate products and analyzing them and making a recommendation.

Though my experience with the interviewers and hiring managers was positive, the overall recruiting process was unorganized. The hotel they arranged for me wasn't prepaid so I had to pay out of pocket and then reach out to HR about expenses (travel & hotel). The hiring manager assured me that they would get back to me within 2 weeks so I had to reach out at after two weeks for them to tell me that they needed one more week.

It turns out that they had sent out too many offers to a different university before and were waiting to hear back from the students there before they could make their decisions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting. My first round interview was on campus the following week and the final round 2 weeks after that. The first round is basic behavioral and finance/accounting concepts. Final round is at headquarters and includes technical, behavioral, and case study. They are very friendly during interviews and try to help you work through questions! The case study is not nearly as difficult as other ones, they just want to see how you think through numbers and ideas. As a company, I think it's clear they want to get to know who you are and if you fit with their generally happy, positive culture.

Interview Questions

• What is time value of money?   1 Answer
    • What would you consider when acquiring a company in terms of their financial statements?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you demonstrated...curiosity, adaptability, leadership, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Behavioral, technical, and Case Study. they take you out to lunch, and are really fast with getting back.I think that the interviews are not hard, but they require you to show how you think.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Clorox Company in February 2016.

Interview

the whole interview is very smooth and the interviewer is very nice guy who seemed very smart and passionate about Math,
    and just very simple accounting questions plus carrer goal questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university career portal. They set up an on-campus interview first and got back to me within 24 hours with an invitation for an on-site interview. I interviewed at their Oakland HQ the following week. There was one technical, one behavioral, and one case interview. The case was pretty short but definitely required you to think a bit. The technical and behavior interviews were one-on-one but the case study had three interviewers gathered around the table. They entire on-site interview went from 8:30am to 12:30pm. They take you out to lunch with some of the analysts afterwards. The recruiter got back to me the following week with their final decision.

Interview Questions

• What are reasons that Clorox would acquire another company rather than just product the products themselves?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question
    • Why do we appreciate assets?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

One technical interview, one behavioral interview and one case study. Questions weren't too hard and all of the interviewers were extremely nice and non-threatening. The interview process was very organized and everyone was very welcoming. They showed me around the Clorox building and took me out to lunch. Overall, good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews a technical, behavioral, and case study. This company is great like honestly the questions were challenging because they forced you to think about things outside of the box vs how you learn them in class. The questions will force you to be creative but it is definitely doable just stay confident and believe in yourself and give it your best, and you will be in the best possible position.