The Clorox Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Clorox Company Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

I have over 15 y ears experience working for 2 of the largest CPG companies in the bay area, specifically in Sales/Consumer Insights. I was excited to see an open position at Clorox in a similar role........I have Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (MOS), and graduated from an old-school "secretarial school" with an Associates Degree in Legal Administration (basically a degree in "Secretary"). But apparently this does not qualify me for this position at Clorox where they require a Bachelors Degree. I don't understand this new trend........if I had gone to college and got a Bachelors Degree I would not be looking for an admin position.......and this feels a little like an updated episode of Mad Men.......how many men with degrees apply for these positions, I know that there are male Executive Assistants out there, but the percentage has to be less than 10%......so it seems the only way for a girl who has bothered to finish college to get a job in a major corporation is to start as an admin, and I who have chosen a career as an admin and have EXPERT level skills in all things needed for the position , do not qualify. Go figure.

Interview Questions

• Never got a chance to answer a tough question.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very fast and smooth. Applied through LinkedIn and heard back from their internal recruiter the very next day. Scheduled a phone screen with one of the directors for the following week. Heard back from recruiter the next day for an on-site with the rest of the team and scheduled for following week. All in all, the interview process took about two weeks, and offer came the day after my onsite.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike doing the most at your last position?   Answer Question

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Aberdeen, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was too long and there was a Very structured agenda which takes 3 to 4 hours. It would have been nice to have moments for ice breakers. There was no questions to get to know you they just fire questions at you. The process includes safety/orientation, two hours of behavioral/situational questions and a tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult employee.   2 Answers

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meriden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Meriden, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Met with 3 plant managers. Asked me who am I, ran through my resume, and asked me questions about my resume. And asked me if I had any questions for them. Got a call about a week later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have?
      What engineering courses have you taken?
      Why should we pick you?   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by lengthy on-site interview. Lasted all day. First, was required to perform lab work, followed by 5 interviews and finished with exercise looking at data on excel. Most questions were standard.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

I received an email requesting dates and times to interview. The interviewer responded the next day 20 minutes before the time she selected. When the call began, the interviewer was 15 minutes late to a 30 minute phone screen.

She would not provide a formal job description and refused to discuss the role with me. She said the interview would take 30-40 minutes but in fact, it lasted over 1 hour. The interviewer's English was extremely poor with a heavy accent which made it very hard to understand her. She reading extremely slowly and had trouble with English grammar. She said she would type my responses but I could hear that she was not typing most of the time, and that she was an extremely slow typist. Her questions were not about skills, experience or situations. Of the 60 minutes, she asked me for past salary history, any gaps in between employment, and my ability to work in the US, i.e. if I needed sponsorship. She did not ask me what responsibilities I performed at each employer. She was only interested to know my title, pay and month, day and year of start and stop of employment at each employer. She did not ask anything about my experience on my resume. This was extremely frustrating. I felt interrogated and as though I was undergoing a detailed background check and that I was not actually being "interview" for a position.

The interviewer demanded to know my pay for all my previous employers but in return she refused to give me any information whatsoever on the pay range for the position.

All of the interview questions were identical to the information I provided in the application. The only role-related question she provided was: "tell me about project management" to which I did not hear any typing or recording of my answers.

It was an extremely odd and awkward interview. Prior to the interview, I was extremely excited at the "chance" to interview and impress the company with my skills and know-how. However, this excitement immediately turned to sadness and despair when I realized the interviewer did not understand English well and read questions extremely poorly.

It was a 1-way interview. I was not permitted to ask questions regarding the role. I was not able to discuss the role prior with the interviewer. It was very frustrating and discouraging to say the very least.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (New York, NY).

Interview

low process. Pretty typical. So-so office space. What's untenable was / is their failure to pay expense reimbursements. Less than $100. Submitted FOUR MONTHS AGO with multiple follow ups and zip. Apologies from the recruiters but nada from the crack payables team. That's an embarrassment. And wrong.

The Clorox Company Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Talent Management Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We certainly strive to process all candidate expenses in a timely manner. I agree - 4 months is an unacceptable amount of time, and I'd like to... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

Phone interview first with an HR screener. Then an on site panel interview with the site team. Finally, a call with an executive from the business then an offer was extended from the original HR screener

Interview Questions

• behavioral re: a project/initiative, what was my role, what was the result   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and the process took about a month. A talent acquisition specialist called me for a very quick and informal interview. He walked me through general company info and the job description. He then setup another phone interview with one of the hiring managers who works in the Oakland office. This interview was an hour long, and the interviewer was genuinely interested in my experience and who I am outside of work. He asked a lot of situational/behavioral questions (this is how every interview went).

Most candidates are then moved onto interview in person at the Clorox headquarters in Oakland. I was remote, so they suggested a Skype interview. I had four 45-minute (round-robin style) interviews all with professionals that are directly relevant to the position (i.e., supervisors, directors, etc.). Every one was extremely warm, intelligent, and professional. I could tell that the people I spoke with sincerely like working at Clorox.

Interview Questions

• Situational/Behavorial Questions (e.g., Tell me about a time that you had to use your analytical skills...)   Answer Question

Product Development Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Full day beginning with a 30 minute technical seminar followed by 6 one on one interviews with people throughout R&D. The day also included a tour of the Clorox campus as well as a dinner after the interview day.

Interview Questions

• How would your scientific background benefit Clorox products? Why do you want to work for Clorox? How did you handle a conflict? Lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question