The Clorox Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Clorox Company Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Clorox Company in February 2016.

Interview

the whole interview is very smooth and the interviewer is very nice guy who seemed very smart and passionate about Math,
    and just very simple accounting questions plus carrer goal questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university career portal. They set up an on-campus interview first and got back to me within 24 hours with an invitation for an on-site interview. I interviewed at their Oakland HQ the following week. There was one technical, one behavioral, and one case interview. The case was pretty short but definitely required you to think a bit. The technical and behavior interviews were one-on-one but the case study had three interviewers gathered around the table. They entire on-site interview went from 8:30am to 12:30pm. They take you out to lunch with some of the analysts afterwards. The recruiter got back to me the following week with their final decision.

Interview Questions

• What are reasons that Clorox would acquire another company rather than just product the products themselves?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question
    • Why do we appreciate assets?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

My recruiter set the interviews up for me. They were conducted on site over the course of 2 days. I met with the head of the marketing division and with three people from engineering. The last part was a kind of design review. The interviewers gave good descriptions of the company, their jobs and what was expected of the person who would fill the role I was applying for. They were all very professional and personable, very dedicated to producing an excellent product for their clients. Seemed to be a very cool place to work.

Interview Questions

• One question that was asked of me was how did I learn PHP. This lead to a good discussion of my experience with coding, design and implementation.   Answer Question

Technical Track Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Clorox Company in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. I talked to them at a campus career fair and got contacted about a week later about an on-campus interview. It was a 30 minute interview with pretty standard behavioral questions as well as questions about what was on my resume and my past experience. The guy I interviewed with was very friendly and directed the interview to be much more conversational after we got through the standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name an example of a conflict you've had on a team. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Interview

I interviewed for a position at Glad. My interview was not conducted by HR individuals, but awkward engineers. These two guys made the interview very uncomfortable for me. They would ask me a question and whenever I was done answering their question, they would just stare at me for 20 seconds or so. I had no idea what to do during that time.

Staff Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

I applied through my university and received a first-round interview with one manager. They came out to campus and broke the interview into a combination of behavioral and technical questions. The second round-interview is broken up into three parts: 1) Technical 2) Behavioral 3) Case Study. It is a longer version of the first interview in addition to the case study where they give you a business problem/scenario in which you utilize your business knowledge to recommend a solution. Everyone involved in the interview process was extremely friendly. Overall, I had a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between organic and inorganic growth? In what situations would these types of growth be beneficial?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

Very easy going with focus on proper fit. Behavior based questions. No right or wrong answer, simply use experience. You interview with several different people in different areas. All have focuses in different areas such as PM work, Development, Delivery, Intake, etc

Interview Questions

• Asked to live demo specific examples of work done. Was not prepared for live demo. Could do .PPT but request was for live   Answer Question

Product Safety Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Pleasanton, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Application, 1st phone interview, 2nd phone interview, final decision. I first applied online through a job board. Before my 1st interview was scheduled they gave me more information about the position to make sure I was still interested. The first phone interview was with one member of the product safety team who was very pleasant. The second interview was with the same interviewer as the first time as well as another two members of the team. I was told to expect an answer within two weeks after each interview. The first was around the holidays so I received my answer slightly later, which i had been warned about. After the second interview it took them exactly two weeks to get back to me. I did not receive an offer but was informed that I made it to the final four candidates and that my interview skills were great but the position went to someone with more relevant experience. They had a much larger candidate pool than expected for only a single position.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were very standard interview questions which I was able to anticipate and prepare for. There were no questions out of left field.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

One technical interview, one behavioral interview and one case study. Questions weren't too hard and all of the interviewers were extremely nice and non-threatening. The interview process was very organized and everyone was very welcoming. They showed me around the Clorox building and took me out to lunch. Overall, good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews a technical, behavioral, and case study. This company is great like honestly the questions were challenging because they forced you to think about things outside of the box vs how you learn them in class. The questions will force you to be creative but it is definitely doable just stay confident and believe in yourself and give it your best, and you will be in the best possible position.