The Clorox Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Behavioral, technical, and Case Study. they take you out to lunch, and are really fast with getting back.I think that the interviews are not hard, but they require you to show how you think.

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

The interview process was conducted by two different groups. At one table, two recruiters asked "Tell me about a time when..." and also about why I was interested in the company. The second table had Clorox products and we were asked to list alternative uses for the products they showed, and then to also combine two or three products into a new product. It required creativity and thinking on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you can use this Burt's Bees chapstick in a different way than chapstick.   1 Answer

CQA Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

The company sells itself well, but when you arrive to start work...trust me, it's a different story. During the interview it's all about how great the company is, and how flexible and diverse they are. However, when you start, they are not open to new ideas, and they are NOT accepting of anyone who isn't very conservative and traditional.

Interview Questions

• To provide an example of a situation in which I had to use influencing skills.   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Clorox Company in July 2016.

Interview

There was no phone interview for the position, company skipped straight to in person interview. Interview was standard, pretty much asked if I could do basic chemistry work. After that the interviewers mainly joked around. Interview was far shorter than expected.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed all day..8 to 5. I met about 10 employees while locked in the same room all day with no air conditioning. Employees were very nice. It is a great company. After the interview I was called by the internal recruiter and she left a message that they decided to go with another candidate. That's fine... I learned a lot. Called internal recruiter back... no feedback. she had nothing... just a decision was made to go in another direction.

Interview Questions

• What would you take this position as the title is "Sr.Manager" and you have been a Director and VP?   1 Answer

Senior Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted within a few days by the recruiter. Phone interviewed and an onsite in about week. Long afternoon but the interviewing team were very knowledgeable, passionate about their jobs. Everyone seemed to love working for the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing in your career you are most proud of? Several standard interview questions. Name an instance of having to deal with a difficult situation/person. Describe an instance where you used problem solving...   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Clorox Company in April 2016.

Interview

Long. I have lots of interviews within the company. Normally this would be combersome but in this case it was refreshing because they were looking for the perfect fit. The interviewers were smart and challenging. It was a great process overall.

Social Media Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a quick apply through LinkedIn and I received an email for a phone interview the same day. I talked with one person (a manager, not a recruiter) and it went well so I moved on to the next round where I spoke another manager within the next two days later. This call also went well and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with four people including a director the following week. I was asked to create a presentation and went well. My presentation went well with applause and a great dialogue for the interview. As the director was unable to make it at the last minute I was told I should be able to present to her soon if need be. They were to get back to me w/in the next week as they were going out of town shortly after. I sent thank you letters the following day and waited diligently. No response after a week so I followed-up to receive a positive e-mail within hours of my inquiry stating I should hear the following week. I heard nothing. I gave it one more week. Nothing. I asked about where the process was or if they'd decided to go in a different direction. Nothing. I am thankful that I did not hear back as this is an unacceptable way to treat potential employees and I can only imagine what the culture would have been like working in that type of environment. All candidates, especially those who have made it to the final stage deserve a response. Ghosting a candidate who is also a consumer is unacceptable and I will be sure to spend my money elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• "15 minute presentation by you – this can be whatever you want it to be. We encourage being as creative as possible. Past examples have been – a power point to show your skills and ‘why Clorox’. Pinterest boards to showcase your personality, past work and ‘why Clorox’."   Answer Question

The Clorox Company Response

May 24, 2016 – Talent Management Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we're disappointed this was not a better interview experience for you. At Clorox, we strive to create a positive experience for all of our... More

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's MBA career resource website. I received an email communication from the recruiter within 24 hours. I was leaving the country for 3 weeks on business and setup a time to chat when I returned.

I interviewed with the recruiter over the phone for a little over an hour. At the end of the call, she asked me to interview with one of marketing directors. They scheduled the call for the very next day. After speaking with the director for approximately 1 hour, he asked me to speak with his counterpart. He told me they would contact me and setup a time for me to speak with that person.

The next day I received an offer from the recruiter via Email. I had some questions, discussed them with the recruiter and then accepted the position within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you have ever made in a business situation.   1 Answer

BI Developer, Data Visualization Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed during a career fair at school with two rounds. They basically want to make sure you are passionate in the areas of your study, have an open mind, and a great team member! Most of all I would say, know your skills and have something you can shine in at least one area of computer science.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite projects
      Tell me how you would overcome _____ situation
      What did you take away from your previous internship
      What can you bring to the Company?   Answer Question