The Clorox Company Interview Questions in Oakland, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

3.1

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First interview is technical, then behavioral, then case analysis.

Technical involved asking questions on how you would evaluate investing in a project. NPV, TVM, couple journal entries. Behavioral are the usual questions you get from every interview. Then you have a 30 min break, and 30 min to look over the case study. I looked over a simplified version of the P&L.

Technical and Behavioral are one on one, case study was a panel of three.

Interview Questions

• What are some business drivers that would affect individual lines on the P&L?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very fast and smooth. Applied through LinkedIn and heard back from their internal recruiter the very next day. Scheduled a phone screen with one of the directors for the following week. Heard back from recruiter the next day for an on-site with the rest of the team and scheduled for following week. All in all, the interview process took about two weeks, and offer came the day after my onsite.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike doing the most at your last position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First interviewed on campus (university) which was about half behavioral and half technical style. The technical questions are fundamental finance questions such as NPV, IRR, time value of money, margins, and understanding basic accounting entries such as depreciation and COGS.

The onsite-interview in Oakland had several segments to it: behavioral, technical, case study and lunch. The interviewers are all friendly and easy to talk to so the interviews went pretty smoothly. The technical portion was similar to the initial one I had; checking for understanding of fundamental financial concepts. The case study I had involved looking at a simplified balance sheet and P&L for two separate products and analyzing them and making a recommendation.

Though my experience with the interviewers and hiring managers was positive, the overall recruiting process was unorganized. The hotel they arranged for me wasn't prepaid so I had to pay out of pocket and then reach out to HR about expenses (travel & hotel). The hiring manager assured me that they would get back to me within 2 weeks so I had to reach out at after two weeks for them to tell me that they needed one more week.

It turns out that they had sent out too many offers to a different university before and were waiting to hear back from the students there before they could make their decisions.

Media Producer - New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Interview

It was about an hour interview and during which time I was ask about my expereince and my goals...I was ask if I had worked for other similar companies. I was ask if I was heathy and my marital status.
    I was ask why I left my last job and if I would want to work at another office in another city. I said that I would not and that I was happy living and working where I do.

Interview Questions

The Clorox Company Response

Nov 1, 2016 – Talent Management Analyst

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review. Clorox strives to create a positive interview experience for all candidates. Questions related to a person's marital status or health do not reflect... More

Finance College Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Start with an on campus or phone screening then if you make it to the next round then you go to the office and have 3 more interviews, Technical, Case and Behavioral Questions

Interview Questions

• Basic Finance and accounting terms during the technical interview , typical behavioral questions such as tell about a time you had to be a leader etc and then a case study,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Behavioral, technical, and Case Study. they take you out to lunch, and are really fast with getting back.I think that the interviews are not hard, but they require you to show how you think.

Social Media Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a quick apply through LinkedIn and I received an email for a phone interview the same day. I talked with one person (a manager, not a recruiter) and it went well so I moved on to the next round where I spoke another manager within the next two days later. This call also went well and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with four people including a director the following week. I was asked to create a presentation and went well. My presentation went well with applause and a great dialogue for the interview. As the director was unable to make it at the last minute I was told I should be able to present to her soon if need be. They were to get back to me w/in the next week as they were going out of town shortly after. I sent thank you letters the following day and waited diligently. No response after a week so I followed-up to receive a positive e-mail within hours of my inquiry stating I should hear the following week. I heard nothing. I gave it one more week. Nothing. I asked about where the process was or if they'd decided to go in a different direction. Nothing. I am thankful that I did not hear back as this is an unacceptable way to treat potential employees and I can only imagine what the culture would have been like working in that type of environment. All candidates, especially those who have made it to the final stage deserve a response. Ghosting a candidate who is also a consumer is unacceptable and I will be sure to spend my money elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• "15 minute presentation by you – this can be whatever you want it to be. We encourage being as creative as possible. Past examples have been – a power point to show your skills and ‘why Clorox’. Pinterest boards to showcase your personality, past work and ‘why Clorox’."   Answer Question

The Clorox Company Response

May 24, 2016 – Talent Management Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we're disappointed this was not a better interview experience for you. At Clorox, we strive to create a positive experience for all of our... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university career portal. They set up an on-campus interview first and got back to me within 24 hours with an invitation for an on-site interview. I interviewed at their Oakland HQ the following week. There was one technical, one behavioral, and one case interview. The case was pretty short but definitely required you to think a bit. The technical and behavior interviews were one-on-one but the case study had three interviewers gathered around the table. They entire on-site interview went from 8:30am to 12:30pm. They take you out to lunch with some of the analysts afterwards. The recruiter got back to me the following week with their final decision.

Interview Questions

• What are reasons that Clorox would acquire another company rather than just product the products themselves?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question
    • Why do we appreciate assets?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

My recruiter set the interviews up for me. They were conducted on site over the course of 2 days. I met with the head of the marketing division and with three people from engineering. The last part was a kind of design review. The interviewers gave good descriptions of the company, their jobs and what was expected of the person who would fill the role I was applying for. They were all very professional and personable, very dedicated to producing an excellent product for their clients. Seemed to be a very cool place to work.

Interview Questions

• One question that was asked of me was how did I learn PHP. This lead to a good discussion of my experience with coding, design and implementation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews a technical, behavioral, and case study. This company is great like honestly the questions were challenging because they forced you to think about things outside of the box vs how you learn them in class. The questions will force you to be creative but it is definitely doable just stay confident and believe in yourself and give it your best, and you will be in the best possible position.