The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Shift Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. You have to take two test. One that helps figure out your personality and the other that is more of an IQ test. Was called to schedule and interview same day that I applied. Scheduled my interview for a few days later. Interview was very easy. Basically just asked about my prior work experience and random questions to try and figure out my personality and if I'd be a good match for the team.

I was pretty much offered the job on the spot. But the process took about a month to complete. Apparently everything goes through corporate and it takes them a while.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had a difficult customer and what did you do to resolve any conflicts/problems?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked how much I expected and what I was currently making. I was able to get an increase in pay from my now previous job.

Other Interview Reviews for The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

Anonymous Employee in La Palma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (La Palma, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very rushed with basic questions. The first was very short (less than 5 minutes) and the GM seemed distracted. The second interview was stolen by another store manager, who seemed desperate to get anyone in his store.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why we should choose you for this position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Riverside, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for a position at one location but responded too late and so the position was filled. They liked me so offered me position at another location. Interview was a 1:1 with the general manager of the location. I also attended a hiring fair to become acquainted with the second general manager. I also got to meet and have a pseudo-interview with the district manager. All were pleased with my responses and attitude so I was quickly guaranteed a position.

Interview Questions

• Asked about scenarios such as: When have you had to deal with an employee conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 different managers in a team type environment, in the basement of one of the stores. The AC wasn't working, but the people seemed alright. I was asked to hand write an application, even though I submitted one electronically.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a team player?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Seal Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied on line got a phone call to come in for an interview. was hired a week later

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Manhattan Beach, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I walked into a hiring fair with a resume. I waited about 20 minutes. The initial interview itself last less than 15. Then there was a call back a few days later with the acting Store Manager. Then a 2nd one with the outgoing Store Manager (maternity leave) a few days after that. Then I got a call saying I'd been hired on condition of a possible discretionary 4th interview (this is for a coffee shop folks) with the District Manager. Then I didn't hear anything for several weeks. Eventually I heard the District Manager was too busy to see me but they'd like to hire me anyway. I finally started filing out the new hire paperwork six weeks after I first walked into their job fair.

Interview Questions

• All pretty standard stuff: What's your leadership style, how do you deal in fast-paced environments, why do you think you'd be a good fit here...

The one unexpected part was when the person doing the interviewing started to complain about some of the other Shift Supervisors & team members, and how hopefully I'd be different. This struck me as extremely unprofessional & caught me off guard that she would speak this way to anyone she just met a few minutes ago, much less in a job interview.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me $10, and I asked for $13/ hr. Initially the Manager agreed but called later and said her District Manager said that wouldn't be possible. We settled on $11.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in June 2013.

Interview

Open interviews move quickly, be prepared with resume, many typical interview questions I.e where do you see yourself in X years? Difficult customer stories, and what does customer service means to you.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who has received an incorrect drink and is in a rush during your morning rush? they are upset and needs to leave the store now.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Fontana, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was simple it was a discussion on what prior experience I had as a supervisor at previous employment. Then a negotiation of pay was then discussed, sadly my previous experience as a shift supervisor had little weight in negotiating a higher starting pay rate.

Interview Questions

• What skills have I acquired during my years as a supervisor can I bring to the team and company.
      Describe a time when I have had to use my problem solving skills and managerial experience to sort through issues of the day.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate for higher pay due to my experience as a shift supervisor at other customer services employment I have had relative to the line of work at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Ventura, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Received a call a few weeks after posting my resume on monster.com. Got offered to come in for an interview for the shift supervisor position. Went in for the interview and spoke to the store manager, she was very nice and said she liked me so she would schedule me to return to interview with the district manager. Went in for interview, it went well & received a call later that day to come in & sign paperwork for the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about what exactly it was that I did in my previous job (assistant manager). I was also asked to give examples of certain situations & how I handled them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered $10.50 on the spot which was great for me. Didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in September 2009.

Interview

My friend already worked there so she got me an application. I filled it out and she bragged to her boss about how awesome I am and he called me right away. Although I had no Barista experience he offfered me a shift supervisor position which paid more. The interview was really unprofessional he mostly talked about my friend and how sometimes "she is mean to him". Then I interviewed with the District Manager which was much more professional. He asked me the normal interview questions

Interview Questions

• He asked me how I dealt with stress and to describe a stressful situation and how I handled it   1 Answer

Negotiation

no the wage is pretty set