The Common Man Family of Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Common Man Family of Restaurants

Dining Room Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Common Man Family of Restaurants (Concord, NH) in March 2017.

Interview

Very thorough interview process which included phone screen, 1st interview with HR & District Manager , follow shift with GM to see the inner workings of the actual restaurant and to get a good sense of the Common Man's culture. Then final interview with CEO. Online personality assessment was also required.

Interview Questions

• Some people like to coddle staff, some can be tyrants. How do you manage people?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windham, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Common Man Family of Restaurants (Windham, NH) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online on the company website and then received a call about an interview shortly after. The interview was about 20 minutes long with one of the managers and was very relaxed with easy, straight-forward questions. The manager offered me a job in-person at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you involved in?
      Why do you think you would be good at this job?
      Answer Question

Kitchen Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meredith, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Common Man Family of Restaurants (Meredith, NH) in June 2013.

Interview

Met with hiring manager to discuss my background and knowledge of working in a kitchen. It was very casual and quick. It is a good summer job and gave me more experience in the restaurant industry.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in the kitchen of a restaurant before?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windham, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Common Man Family of Restaurants (Windham, NH) in June 2009.

Interview

Basically I just applied on their website and received an e-mail from the general manager within a week. I went in for the interview and was asked to explain my work experience and my future career goals. The manager didn't really ask me any hard questions and I was hired on the spot. The interview lasted about 20 minutes which seemed really short to me, especially since I was hired. The manager seemed really nice at first, but after I had been with the company for 2 weeks, everything changed.