The Connor Group Leasing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Connor Group Leasing Consultant Interview Questions

2.1

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group.

Interview

Overall a great experience with the interview process. I was first contacted by a recruiter, they asked me some basic qualifying questions ( hours , work history, pay etc) . From there I was set up for a phone interview roughly it took about 35 minutes ( more like a personality test). I was quickly contacted for an in person interview with a senior manager. He was very polite and knowledgeable and answered all my questions. From that interview I was contacted to meet with another manager who asked me very similar questions. My last interview was with the regional over the area. I was also given a day to shadow a current employee on the property, which was fantastic! I was able to get a really good idea of the position and everyone was very friendly and helpful. The entire process was great, they are very thorough with their hiring process and I think more companies should take the time to get to know their future employees. Everyone was very professional and I am glad to be a part of this team!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you as a person ? ( hobbies, special interests, etc)   1 Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in 5-7 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Connor Group

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Connor Group in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview that resulted in a face to face interview later. You are asked a series of questions during phone interview and that will determine if you move forward to the next process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Connor Group?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard salary, no negotiations were given at time of hire.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. As I was currently on the job market, I gave it a shot. We spoke twice over the phone, casual interview style. Next, I came in for the initial in-person interview, which was located on one of their properties, in a back room, over a video conference call.
    I was called back twice more for the same style interview. All 3 of the people I interviewed with via video conference on one of their properties, thought I was a good candidate for the job.

I was invited to a "Day in the Field" where I would shadow one of the leasing consultants. As I am familiar with apartment living, I had a pretty good general sense of what the office environment would be like; daily tasks and interactions, etc.
    I was offered another job during this time, which isn't surprising since this interview process took about three weeks.
    I accepted the job and let the recruiter know I was no longer interested in the Leasing Consultant position.

2 months later the same recruiter reached out to me again.
    She told me their offices were growing and needed more talent in my location. The job I had previously accepted allowed time for another position, so I was open to a "Day in the Field" once again.

I attended their UNPAID "Day in the Field" and totally wasted seven hours of my life.
    I'm unsure what they expect of their participants, but shadowing an apartment leasing consultant was not a day's worth of observing.
    The day I was there was "unusually slow" - or that's what the other leasing consultants said. They spend most of their time sending eblasts and posting on Craigslist every 15 minutes…
    So their daily tasks are ultimately administrative and redundant.
    Unless they wanted me to ask to help them with paperwork (unlikely since I was UNPAID and unfamiliar with their forms), there was nothing for me to participate in hands-on and it was mind numbing to sit through.
    Although the employees I met were friendly, the UNPAID "Day in the Field" was hands-off and I sat there and watched them do paperwork.

At the end of it, yes, I was capable of doing the job and capable of doing paperwork, answering phones, setting up tours of the property, etc...
    But leaving their office, I had no intention of ever coming back.
    Yet a day later, the recruiter I had been in contact with for months, sends me an impersonal email which stated 'I was unfit for this position at this time'.
    No sweat off my back - but why hound me for a month, and then come back two months later on repeat?

Pretty weird?
    Probably didn't show enough enthusiasm for the unpaid-seven-hour-paperwork-driven day in the field...

Should have gone with my gut and completely written off this company the first time.

Interview Questions

• Typical sales position questions...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The most absolute worst interview process possible. Two phone interviews, then three webcam interviews that consist of the same exact questions each time. I got to waste so much time and gas to go and repeat myself over and over again instead of them just making a decision. I made it through each round of endless webcam interviews and was invited to "a day in the field" where everything I've read about on Glassdoor about how completely disorganized this company is came true. The entire day was spent talking about sales sales sales. When people came in to ask about availability they would treat them as a number and not a person. I watched them try and sell someone an apartment that they had no interest in, even down to the amount of bedrooms that person needed. I even saw a few current residents come into the clubhouse and they treated them as if they had no business in there since they weren't potential sales. Craigslist. Don't even get me started on how ridiculous they are about posting ads on Craigslist. A complete nightmare. After leaving that evening I had no intention of ever wanting to work for The Connor Group and I definitely would never live anywhere that has their name attached to it.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Raleigh, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied on career builder and got a phone call in a couple of days. Had video interviews, one in person and then a "day in the field".

Interview Questions

• If you could pick any career you wanted and money wasn't a factor, what would you choose?   1 Answer

Negotiation

One pay offer and I accepted.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Connor Group in June 2009.

Interview

From start to finish the recruiter and management team was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for our company?   Answer Question
    • How much are you looking to make as a leasing consultant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Columbus, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone and took a short interview and set up a follow up interview. The second interview was a Gallup style interview where the facilitator asked specific questions and was not allowed to elaborate. After that phone interview I met with a property manager. This interview was done of a questionnaire and had to be modified since I had no previous sales experience. I then was asked to interview with the regional manager. At my final interview, both the property manager and regional manager were present and she asked me the exact same questions that I had been asked by the property manager. It seemed pretty ridiculous that at this stage in the interview process to be repeating questions and not digging deeper. At the end of the interview I asked several questions about the percentage of people that achieved their bonuses and about their turnover rate, (I had read several bad reviews online about the company) Needless to say, I don't think the questions went over well, but in the end I'm glad.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone interview that last about forty five to fifty minutes. It appears the person was following a script to do a basic screening. After that it was set up a 1:1 interview which took place in one of the company's property. The interview ended up being a video conference which made things a little uncomfortable in the beginning. The questions were very basic, any research for the topic on line would show similar or even the same question. The interview lasted about 40 min

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this is a good job for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Interview

You will Interview with a lot of different people so be prepared

Interview Questions

• I can't really remember everybody interviews with a different set of people and the turnover rate is so high in corporate none of the people I interviewed with are still with the company.   Answer Question