The Connor Group Property Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Connor Group Property Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2017

3.1

Property Manager Interview

Interview

This company uses a bait and switch method with its applicants. They advertise positions that don't actually exist and base their interviews on a totally different role! A complete waste of your time and efforts. I opted out as soon as I researched their company online. Google their apartment reviews and take notice that their residents have filed numerous complaints on ton of sites.
Check indeed to scout their employee reviews, all positive reviews are posted by "current" employees that reword the same exact reviews lol. Sorry but my morals are not for sale!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Connor Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Cary, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I'm an highly qualified applicant that usually interviews really well and receives positive feedback. I went through 3 steps of interview processes TWICE with The Connor Group and both times the 3rd interviewer did not communicate after the interview to even say "Sorry you did not get the position" even after me sending a thank you email and following up twice. Very poor business practice and quite frankly rude and a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

The Connor Group Response

Mar 25, 2017 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Sorry to hear we were not a fit for each other. Our interview process is very unique and designed to find candidates that will have long-term success with our company. We do understand that we ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was over a 2 week period, all done by phone or video. The first time they called it was just a screening process that consisted of mostly the same questions, that required the same answer. This person told me I was interviewing for the property manager position. It lasted about 15 mins, then they said they would set up a time to do a formal follow up interview the next day. The second interview was done, late. I sat there about 15 mins waiting. Finally, she gets on the phone and proceeds to ask the same questions from yesterday. I understand to check for consistency but wow! She tells me about a sales manager position, and now I'm confused..Anyway, I answered the questions and was asked to come to one of the local properties (the closest to me was 2 hours) to video chat with someone in Ohio. I went early and sat down, and then the interview started. I was asked almost the same questions but at this point I was ready to answer. The one thing that bothered me was that she said it was a leasing sales consultant position available. At this point, I've heard 3 positions available. I didn't know which one I was interviewing for. Nether the less, I did great because I was on to the next phase within 30 minutes of leaving the building I was called by the regional to set up another video interview in the next couple of days. When I spoke to her she seemed way more rude than the rest of them. I got nervous, and at that point I knew it was the end of the road for me. I was told by her it was a sales manager position open. Forget it!

Interview Questions

The Connor Group Response

Sep 11, 2016 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Sorry to hear we were not a good fit for each other. Our interview process is thorough and multi layered to ensure every hiring decision we make is not only good fit for us, but equally important a ... More

Property Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Connor Group.

Interview

The interview process was clunky. Phone screen followed but another phone call for a rapid fire question session that had a lot of rules (no repeating of the question, timed, etc.) followed by a video conference at one of their local property's. There was excellent communication before and during the interview process by the recruiter, but one they decide to move in a different direction all communication stops, phone calls are screened and emails not returned and you get a three line email saying they are moving forward with other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screening, 3 video conference interview. They don't tell you that you will be on a video interview. Its fine once you expect it. The process went really quickly. If you make it far enough you do a day in the life of whatever position you apply for.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job in the world and not worry about money what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn and replied with my contact details. The recruiter called at 8am each morning and I was unable to answer due to being at work. I called back 4 different times on 4 different days and she was never at her desk so I sent her an email on setting up a specific day and time to chat. It took her 2 days to reply. The initial interview and the second "structured" interview were very odd and I was not given the opportunity to elaborate but my "results came back positive" for the next steps. The 3rd interview was set up and I arrived at the location only to wait for 10 minutes outside due to the location not being opened. The associate who let me in wasn't friendly and only said "Are you here for an interview?" I was told it was video conference which wasn't what I expected. He was very short and seemed to be distracted. He asked generic questions. I was not impressed with the interviewing process.
    I did research regarding the company and the properties owned in my location and they do not have a good rating or reputation.

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Connor Group.

Interview

Initial communication was pleasant, but not thorough. Second round interviewer was seemed unprepared and not familiar with my resume.

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group in March 2013.

Interview

They were very thorough. The phone interview was 2 hours and asked a lot of detailed questions involving experience and background. The interview with the upper level manager was via a teleconference and he was somewhat occupied by his telephone and other background noise. It felt somewhat rushed. I was not aware it was going to be a teleconference until I arrived, which made me somewhat uneasy.

Interview Questions

• They were all detailed, but the upper level manager wanted to know what your previous employees would say about you and your work ethic.   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Connor Group in February 2012.

Interview

The process was intense and long. Every interviewer asked the same exact questions. phone screen, verbal assessment another phone screen, 2 one on one phone interviews and then in person interviews. Overall an ok experience.

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Connor Group in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process with The Connor Group was similar to many other companies. You interview with a recruiter and she conducts a form of PI testing. You then interview with a Senior Partner and a Area Manager. They also implement a job preview which I believe is a great best practice.

Interview Questions

• If you could select your own work days/hours what would you choose?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate. I made my salary expectations clear from the beginning.