The Connor Group Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Frisco, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through linkedin. 1st interview was on the phone with the recruiter going over the job and my past work experience. 2nd interview was also on the phone and was a personality test. But instead of being interviewed by my original recruiter I was interviewed by a recruiter in training. I was called back 10 minutes later to set up a video interview at one of there properties with a regional manager. I felt the video interview went well but I was contacted 2 days later through email that I didn't get the position by the recruiter in training. I kind of felt like a Guinea Pig because of the interview with the recruiter in training but it was a great learning experience which will help me find the right company for me.

Other Interview Reviews for The Connor Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was phone about 10 minutes. 2nd interview was a video interview on the property, as well as 3rd interview. All questions were the SAME. Did a day in the field, where you shadow a sales person on the property. I think they have some serious integrity issues. Calling and harassing potential residents every 24 hours. If they don't answer they will call from different numbers or call from a blocked number. I come from 10+ years of sales but that was something I'm not comfortable with doing. They also have a skewed view of specific races and spoke negavitively of a majority of their residents. As a person shadowing the company, I was very upset about their views of certain races. They are incredibly pushy and don't actually care about their residents. They just care about numbers.

After the day in the field (which is ALL DAY), they offered me $33k which was $7k LESS than what was discussed in all 3 interviews. They countered and increase it by $.75 an hour. But NOWHERE close to what they promised in all 3 interviews. It was a waste of my time and a slap in my face for my experience and education.

I wouldn't recommend this company at least not in TN. They are only concerned with numbers and not their residents. They definitely have some integrity issues that I'm not willing to compromise on.

Interview Questions

• Do you think metrics are the best way to measure success?
      Do you like changing other people's minds?
      Do you think pushing someone into doing something for their own good is okay?   Answer Question

The Connor Group Response

Nov 28, 2016 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

I’m sorry to hear we had a misunderstanding about the pay structure. We offer base plus performance pay; at the average performance payout, you would have been well above your salary requirements... More

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Charlotte, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

If was straight forward, professional, yet a relaxing environment. Clear expectations, and very personable. They were interested in me as a person, as well as an asset to the company. They weren't just worried about my skill set, but really showed their interest in people.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Five interviews and a shadow day...very time consuming. Two phone interviews, one of which is a personality test. Three in person or webcam interviews by three different people but the questions are all the same..?..the process is very exhausting especially when you are working around another job. I accepted the offer but I quit 6 months later because it was the worst job I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Describe you closing process?   Answer Question
    • Are you relentless? Are you intimidating? Is it okay to use fear as a sales tactic? Tell me about high school/college?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quit long I can admit. I went threw six interviews. Two were on the phone, three were video interviews and lastly you spend a day in the field where you shadow a manager around learning the field. Although it was a long process, Its great to know this company looks for great talent and invest into their people.

Interview Questions

• do you think you can do to much for a customer ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

I have had 5 people, including myself, go through almost a month of interviews wasting up to 10 to 20 hours on this company. After the amount of time spent, we didn't get even a phone call for weeks and then all of us got the same duplicated email saying they had hired someone else. I have had 6 years of sales experience, mostly face to face sales, and my friends have also had the same type of experience. Also, their employees are rude and nasty to customers. During the process, the last step is an 8 to 10 hour day shadowing at one of their locations followed by an interview. The Property Manager I spoke with was nice, however, I could not say the same about her employees. Total waste of time!!! Even if you have friends in their recruiting office or in any part of their company, they will not hire you.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Went through 4 interviews. 2 phone and 2 face to face. One was a video conference. Pretty laid back but intense. Process was kind of misleading for the outlook of the culture of the job and workplace.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at The Connor Group (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Quite a long process, very detailed in every interview, had 5 interviews- some phone, some in person, once interviewing is done you spend a "day in the field" which is a great concept

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Dayton, OH).

Interview

VERY Lengthy process. There are 4 interviews a job shadow and then you get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation that you were in at work and express how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will low ball you big time. You must counter offer to get where you need to be.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process only took 2 days, I applied on a Friday and by Tuesday I went through 3 interviews. The first as with a recruiter, second was ith a human resource manager and the final interview was with a company partner. They made expectations very clear in the beginning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There as no need to negotiate they gave me what I expected for this position.