The Cosmopolitan Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

2.5

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was in a group setting and they ask you questions about your experiences in different situations. They inform you at the end of the interview that if you pass the group interview, they will contact you by email within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you did that was courageous at work.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

after you apply, you will go in for a group audition. there were about 15 or so people there and the first thing we did was watch a video about cosmo. then we went around the room introducing ourselves, what we applied for, and something interesting or unique. we also had to give examples of the 4 C's; compassion, conscience, community and i forgot the last C. try to talk about all 4 even if you feel your examples arent that great...if you listen to others, you might be able to pick up on some ideas. after that, youll get instructions on the next step and ...that was about it for us. they looked pretty busy that day so they might have cut the audition a bit short.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two managers for their Accounting department. They were not on the same page as to the expectations for the position. The first implied that their current staff skill level was lacking in experience and needed additional training. The second was looking for a CPA certified candidate to write technical procedures.

Interview Questions

• What is something about yourself that you feel you need to improve.   Answer Question

Table Games Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Be nice to whomever you come in contact with...from the second you enter the interview property. They are watching you!! If someone sits next to you and they are waiting, engage them with a smile or a little convo.

Interview Questions

• If you could use one word to describe yourself?   1 Answer

Guest Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very easy the lady that interveiw me was very nice i loved it. She had me do some role playing and some singing lol i loved it. You will love it to.

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

I sat with the ADOS and the SVP's executive assistant and an account executive (who I learned was there because she was tight with the ADOS, but a sales manager perspective was helpful)

Players Club Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Went to an audition with about 10 others all applying for different positions. Was called for a 2nd interview a week later. Had a 3rd interview and was then sent a rejection email. Whole process took a month just to get rejected.

Casino Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

My interviewer made me feel at ease during our meeting and mostly wanted to answer any questions i had about the department. I was transferring between departments so there was only 1 interview before they offered me the job and it went very smoothly. It took a little while before I was actually able to transfer over though.

Interview Questions

• If there was a book written about you, what would it be called?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

The group interview was great, the recruiter was knowledgeable. However, when I was invited for a department interview, some of the things I noticed while waiting for my interview was seeing how unwelcoming the front desk agents were. I didn't see any smiles on their faces nor did I felt any enthusiasm of their employees. My interview was at 9 am, and the interviewers were late though they did ask me what did I noticed while I was waiting even though I arrived early already. I was interviewed by the front desk manager and an operation manager. They appeared to be super relaxing and friendly. The lady was extremely unprofessional. They didn't take note about what I answered. They asked whatever questions that came up to their mind, especially the lady. I said I always smile a lot at work, (which is true due to so many coworkers telling me) then she said "Then smile!" Of course I smiled during the interview, but the lady was expecting me to smile NONSTOP! Who can do that?! She also said "In this industry, it's not about what you know, it's who you know!" Obviously she know someone that gave her a manager position. She also kept saying things such as "We are looking for people that can...... ". She said this position is very challenging, you have to do 20 check ins and check outs a day. "We are looking for people that can do that consistently." In every way she talk, she's delivering a messaging that I am not a good fit, I cannot do this, I cannot do that. The operation manager asked me why do you want to work in Las Vegas? Why not China, Hong Kong, Macau?
    I got the lady's business card but I didn't care to follow up not because I know I wouldn't be hired, but because their unprofessional behaviors. Sorry, but the lady is DUMB!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond customer's expectation.   Answer Question

Pool Beverage Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

1st interview is a group interview with a handful of individuals who are not applying for the same position as you. They are looking for personality and people who represent their core values as a company. You want to stand out and be outgoing and honest.

2nd interview is an interview with a member of management team. Need to know drinks i.e. Beers,cocktails, liquor, champagne etc.

3rd interview is a mock interview with other members of management making sure you truly have the personality and the experience that got you that far in the hiring process.