The Cosmopolitan Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.4

Casino Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

My interviewer made me feel at ease during our meeting and mostly wanted to answer any questions i had about the department. I was transferring between departments so there was only 1 interview before they offered me the job and it went very smoothly. It took a little while before I was actually able to transfer over though.

Interview Questions

• If there was a book written about you, what would it be called?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

The group interview was great, the recruiter was knowledgeable. However, when I was invited for a department interview, some of the things I noticed while waiting for my interview was seeing how unwelcoming the front desk agents were. I didn't see any smiles on their faces nor did I felt any enthusiasm of their employees. My interview was at 9 am, and the interviewers were late though they did ask me what did I noticed while I was waiting even though I arrived early already. I was interviewed by the front desk manager and an operation manager. They appeared to be super relaxing and friendly. The lady was extremely unprofessional. They didn't take note about what I answered. They asked whatever questions that came up to their mind, especially the lady. I said I always smile a lot at work, (which is true due to so many coworkers telling me) then she said "Then smile!" Of course I smiled during the interview, but the lady was expecting me to smile NONSTOP! Who can do that?! She also said "In this industry, it's not about what you know, it's who you know!" Obviously she know someone that gave her a manager position. She also kept saying things such as "We are looking for people that can...... ". She said this position is very challenging, you have to do 20 check ins and check outs a day. "We are looking for people that can do that consistently." In every way she talk, she's delivering a messaging that I am not a good fit, I cannot do this, I cannot do that. The operation manager asked me why do you want to work in Las Vegas? Why not China, Hong Kong, Macau?
    I got the lady's business card but I didn't care to follow up not because I know I wouldn't be hired, but because their unprofessional behaviors. Sorry, but the lady is DUMB!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond customer's expectation.   Answer Question

Pool Beverage Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

1st interview is a group interview with a handful of individuals who are not applying for the same position as you. They are looking for personality and people who represent their core values as a company. You want to stand out and be outgoing and honest.

2nd interview is an interview with a member of management team. Need to know drinks i.e. Beers,cocktails, liquor, champagne etc.

3rd interview is a mock interview with other members of management making sure you truly have the personality and the experience that got you that far in the hiring process.

Media Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

Really easy and relaxed group interview with a general HR talent recruiter. They are just looking for people outgoing and ones that fit their company culture. Be prepared to answer all the questions right away. Make them unique for them to remember you. Remember this is just an initial interview to get to know you. After you pass this portion of the hiring process they forward your resume and initial results to the hiring department.

Guest Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, 30 minutes later I received a rejection email. I called the next day inquiring why and the HR rep decided to set me up for an interview the following day. It was a group interview. You must engage and answer all of the questions they ask. Those who did not engage didn't make it to the 2nd stage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the entire process flowed smoothly. Go in and be yourself.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Pass audition It's a group interview and they are looking for that one that stands out so go in with an awesome attribute and I guarantee you will get an offer

Interview Questions

• What do you do to give back to your community ?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

applied online then got an email for an audition about 3 days later. It was a group interview I had read reviews on here so I knew what to expect. When I walked in they asked for my name and gave me a card with 3 questions so I started talking to the people there and got the conversation going asking questions and getting to know each other almost everyone was there for a different position so that made everyone feel better. then we are told to go into a room where they play a short video about the cosmopolitan I liked it. Then a women walks in and we are told to introduce ourselves name,position applied for and why we want to work there. She also asked questions that we had gone over and some new questions she lets anyone answer so its good not to be shy it took 60mins just like it said in the email and at the end we are given a paper with 5 questions with answers a b and c

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a group interwiev they had us in a waiting room and haded out all bunc of questions to ask each other.Then we were taken in to a room where we wached a movie about the company.Than there were questions asked to everybody and you needed to raise your hand to answer.They gave us a hand out at the end it was a multiple question test we took the test and they let us go.

Interview Questions

• Descirabe an evernt they you have to go above and beyond someone.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview. They pretty much are looking for personality fits their core values. Conscience, compassion, community and courage. Be prepared to say something about them. They won't call on you so you gotta speak up. Looking for outgoing people who are "polished without pretense" that another one of their catchphrases they use to describe the kind of service they want.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give you an offer. Say yes or no.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, heard back from HR to schedule a group skype interview. Then the next week heard back from HR to schedule an interview at offices in Las Vegas, NV. Interviewed was a two part one-on-one with a couple of the managers in the finance dept.