The Creative Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Creative Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2018

2.3

Lead Generation Interview

Interview

One of their recruiters found me on LinkedIn for a position with their client. He messaged me, then followed up less than 20 minutes later with a phone call TO MY CURRENT JOB. I thought that was way too forward and unprofessional.

This company makes you fill out a really long online registration form about who you are, skills, etc. You even have to write your own biography for them to "market" to their clients. It has to be written in third person. It's pretty biased if you're writing about YOURSELF. Plus, shouldn't the recruiter write raving reviews about who you are based on their meeting with you?

Guess not since the in-person meeting with the recruiter lasted like 5 minutes. He referred me to their client and I've followed up with him but never got a response. It's been weeks.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Unhelpful recruiting agency! I applied for a job in Austin, TX on their website back in February 2017. The recruiter (won't name her, but I would) called me asking basic interview questions about my experience, personality, etc. A week later, she sent me some Robert Half docs to sign. After I signed those, I never heard from her. She had POOR communication with her clientele and never followed up. I had to email her every time I applied for something, hoping she could give me an extra push to represent me for the position applied for.

She provided NO assistance at all during the process, and it's been 4-5 months now. I don't recommend her or this agency at all. It just seemed like she didn't like what she does and wasn't motivated enough to help me.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Creative Group (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via email for a Social Media Manager position. After some back and forth, we had a phone call two days later to discuss the position in further detail. That was the last time I heard from the recruiter as she stopped responding to my emails and voicemails. This is not the first time this has happened with a recruiter at this firm. Don't get too excited if someone from this firm reaches out to you because, after that initial phone call, it's likely that they'll just go missing. Seems to be pretty common nowadays amongst recruiters and The Creative Group is no different.

Interview Questions

• Just your standard "tell me about yourself" questions and discussing the role in further detail.   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a brief interview over the phone, then came into their office to speak with a rep. The interviewer was very professional and nice. We went over my website, she offered tips on improving my portfolio, bio and resume and she helped me get set up with the company.

Interview Questions

• What type of work do you think is your strongest and is that what you want to do more of?   1 Answer

Web Applications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Creative Group (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview pushed me to better my resume, cover letter, and overall approach to interviewing with companies. In sitting down and being asked questions that I did not know how to answer made me realize I needed to increase my preparedness.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Hudson, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

it was ok, I think the recruiter put me in a bad position for me, personally. The scope of the position was not properly communicated to the recruiter, so I had no idea going on the job what I was going to experience.

Interview Questions

• they wanted me to know html/css   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Interview

The team doesn't seem to be very organized in their screening processes. I am contacted for opportunities that are not a good fit or are well below my salary and experience level and do not have one point of contact.

Internal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Met with a panel from the department. The acting director and two senior members of the team comprised the interview team. Several questions during the interview related specifically to work style and culture fit. We also described commonalities described in Strengths Finder as part of the interview process. Casual interview style and good opportunity to ask questions about role and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We didn't have a negotiation on salary. However, we did negotiate on start time due to long commute. They company was very supportive.

Internal Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Hartford, CT) in October 2010.

Interview

The in-person interview with a senior recruiter was conducted after I filled out an extensive questionnaire regarding my background, skills, and experience and submitted my resume. The recruiter was knowledgeable and adept at identifying the types of temporary hire jobs that would be most suitable. She asked questions to further clarify my skills levels and areas of interest.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, perhaps because I was so clear about wanting to focus on jobs that required marketing or brand management which was consistent with my education and work history.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This particular recruiter was very good: she did a wonderful job of trying to create a win-win scenario for both me and her client. She negotiated salary separately with the client and I was satisfied with the end result.

Internal Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

This was not an interview to be working for TCG directly. It was, however, an opportunity for the company to get to know me and my goals. So that they could best help to market my skills in order to obtain new employment. Of which, of course, they would retain a placement fee.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to report that would be considered "negative". Amy Leeper took time to access what her company could provide (with regards to matching my skills; with the appropriate employer). She was very professional and took the time to introduce me to her team. This can be a slow process. However, I do feel confident in Amy's ability to source the right opportunity.   Answer Question