The Creative Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Creative Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2018

2.3

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Creative Group.

Interview

Another shop that wants you to work short contracts and then leaves you to fend for yourself.
    The recruiters aren't familiar with the creative process, they would rather talk about happy hour.
    In the interview, I was bombarded with a number of people in a panel interview. Each arriving and leaving at various times. Two were consistently talking about happy hour, rather than interviewing me or informing me about the company.
    Unless you are brought on to the in house agency, you work your project and then are left to fend for yourself.
    Use caution in accepting a position or applying for the company.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Creative Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter called me with no prior notification while I was not at my phone. Left a message wanting me to call back, which I did multiple times, but the recruiter never picked up the phone. Sent an email again confirming my interest in the position, and the recruiter told me to call back again. I called again (over 10 times) to no answer. This place is either a scam (at worse), or extremely disorganized at best.

Digital Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Was contact by a "Sir" recruiter for a position which did not match my skill set. I politely described my skill set in my response to her contact message. Without missing a beat she replied asking if I would like to apply for the job she originally contacted me about. I again politely declined saying I would be interested in positions involving my skill set. She then a day later responded acknowledging my skill set, offering positions involving them and requested my email and resume. After I sent them there was no response for 2 days. I then get a email requesting me to fill out personal information and send it back. At this point I am very skeptical of her competence as a professional, much less a person who is capable of speaking on my behalf for a professional artist position. I agree to a skype meeting but no paperwork as I wanted more information on their process of placement. When the time came for the meeting, I was waiting on skype for a call at the scheduled time. I waited for about 10 min with no call until I decided to contact her on linkedin where I could see she was active. I again waited another 20 min before she responded saying she had me down for the following day and requested a rescheduling for the following day. I am a husband and father of 2 working various contracts full time and do not have the patients for blatant incompetence. I told her I was unavailable the following day and blocked out time today as planned. She just repeated herself as if I wasn't aware of my own words and said she had to run to another meeting she apparently scheduled correctly. I said no thank you and blocked all contact with the Creative Group. If this is a "Sir" recruiter at this organisation, then they have serious issues.

Event Content Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview with local TCG representative in which she asked about my experience and described how the TCG process works. After the interview was complete, she had her assistant email me the TCG employment agreement.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe the different types of copywriting work I've done.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Met in person, the recruiter asked me to send her my resume online with a pitch elevator and then no news even after my follow-ups. Not Really professional to ghost people after interviews in person.

Copy Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

A Skype session where the agent at the Creative Group called me to assess my skill set and resume for the purposes of finding a match between me and an employer in need

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Creative Group.

Interview

We had originally had an interview through Skype, and then we exchanged emails. After going back and forth quite a few times there was no more contact. I contacted the recruiter a few times just to follow up with him, and never received any sort of response. Very unprofessional. This happened with quite a few recruiters at The Creative Group. Gives recruiters a bad name.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Creative Group (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via email for a Social Media Manager position. After some back and forth, we had a phone call two days later to discuss the position in further detail. That was the last time I heard from the recruiter as she stopped responding to my emails and voicemails. This is not the first time this has happened with a recruiter at this firm. Don't get too excited if someone from this firm reaches out to you because, after that initial phone call, it's likely that they'll just go missing. Seems to be pretty common nowadays amongst recruiters and The Creative Group is no different.

Interview Questions

• Just your standard "tell me about yourself" questions and discussing the role in further detail.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Creative Group (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I have tried to work with this company for a few years, and it has been a complete fail each time. My first interview was set up by a recruiter who never followed up or returned my calls, not even as a courtesy to advise that I was not selected to move forward. Decided I wouldn't do business with them again.

More than a year later I was contacted by a different recruiter for a senior management position. After multiple email exchanges, I completely rearranged my schedule to leave my office early, drive more than 70 minutes north in rush hour traffic for an interview. Once again, TGC never followed up with me, never returned my calls or messages for a status update.

TGC is an agency focused on sales, not on relationships or ethics. Save your time and energy and explore other agencies that are more professional and respectful of your time and expertise.

Various Creative Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a video interview with a rep, who seemed to only be halfway paying attention to my answers, with no follow-up questions. The rep then explained their whole process and assured me there was a place for someone of my experience and talents. A few hours later I was given some paperwork to fill out so I could get started.

That was nearly 6 months ago.

Since then I've received a few calls from this rep excited about potentially great fits for me, promising an interview with each of these so called "great fits" only to get no further follow-up. I've called and e-mailed to follow up with my rep about once a month, but heard nothing back. I even tried contacting other reps about positions posted with TCG, and spoke with an executive VP at a conference, who made it sound as though I'd be getting contacted right away. Still nothing.

Most of the reps I've spoken with have been flakey at best. Non-responsive, unprofessionalThey don't remember me from the next guy. The receptionist that answered the phone was downright rude and acted as though she could not be bothered.

Someone must be getting assignments from TCG, but I'm not sure how. The bottom line is they do not have your best interest in mind, but rather, what you can offer their client. If you can't do anything for them, forget about the common courtesies.