The Creative Group Recruiting Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Creative Group Recruiting Manager Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Creative Group.

Interview

I submitted my resume, and was contacted via. email by the Division Director. She asked me to come in and meet with her for 30 minutes in the Atlanta office. She seemed nice, and seemed impressed with my experience. I have over 15 years sales experience, and 3 total as an executive recruiter. My husband is in IT, so I'm pretty much a slam dunk as a good hire for an IT staffing firm, mainly because my pipeline of candidates and companies is warm. She lead me on to believe I was in fact perfect for the role. She told me all of the next steps. She said she would contact me ASAP (in a day) to set up the next interview.... I waited a few days and heard nothing. I contacted her thanking her for meeting with me and still, nothing.
I had been interviewing with 5 other firms in Atlanta, and I received 3 offers. I accepted one, and I was very excited about it! I had forgotten about TCG altogether and then I received an email from them saying 'We have decided to move further with candidates who have more marketing experience'... I replied I had already accepted another offer and good luck. It was all very fake, and I believe the other reviews to be true...I'm thankful I read them all because I would never work on a draw, nor for a company with such horrifying reviews. Seems I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experience.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Creative Group

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Creative Group (La Jolla, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The process was smooth and seamless. Everyone was very upfront and honest in regards to expectations and environment. Very professional and friendly. I would highly recommend interviewing with the team for any job available.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Ask a bunch of questions on your background, basically if they like your "look" then you're in. It is all superficially based, I was later told after accepting. It's judged entirely off your outfit as a female, and your "buddy" connections as a guy.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Atlanta, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

1 Phone interview
    3 Face to face interviews (each on separate days) with three different division directors or branch managers.
    1 Job Shadow
    Total of four visits prior to an offer and I had to pay $10.00 for parking and a dollar for tolls each time. They do not validate.
    No Drug Test
    No Background Check
    You pay $70.00/month for Parking
    You pay $15.00 for your parking and building passes

Interview Questions

• There were no original questions. Everything I was asked was something that was expected. The managers kept trying to push me into a Sales role and couldn't understand that I didn't want one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I tried to tell them that I needed to speak with my family before I decided and the person who made the offer was disgruntled. She kept asking me what I needed to discuss and saying that she was disappointed that I didn't accept right away. She also said she felt concerned now that she may have made the wrong decision. I found out later that it was a bullying technique that they use with their field staff to make them take a job - acting like they will walk away from a candidate if they don't accept right away.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2011.

Interview

2 interviews, which included the offer. The interview process was quite surprising as there was little they really wanted to know other than who in the industry I could provide them as "references" which actually turned out to be leads...references were always contacted and asked 3 key questions about them, not the person they were the reference for. Initial interview was about 45 minutes talking about my experience, industry knowledge, and a bit about the day to day life of a recruiter. My direct questions regarding turnover, and how many people had been in the position before me were deflected and as I'd find out later, I was directly lied too. The pay rate was established but not clarified in the initial interview and I was given the hard sell on coming to work there because there was "no way, I couldn't be successful with all my industry knowledge and ability". It was almost comical how in my face they were about how I would probably be making $120K in year two.

Interview Questions

• Actually the most difficult question had to do with who my references, as really they only wanted industry references and I only had a few which seemed like a problem. Later I was to find out why...references were really only leads for candidates, what companies are hiring, possible future opportunities, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told that unfortunately, as a new person, the base pay of $48,000 was all that was available and that was somewhat true. They have a set salary/draw amount for the year and when that is used up, there is "no more". So the year I was hired I was told there was no more, but just a few months later in the next calendar year, they suddenly could pay my co-worker (with only 5 months of recruiting experience while I had 2 years) $4K more than what they were paying me, because there was more salary/draw amount available. This was very frustrating to find out later that if I'd waited another month I'd have gotten a more livable wage. They also seemed to be in a hurry, wanting to lock me down asap.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2011.

Interview

Division Director called me out of the blue one day saying they'd heard really good things and thought I would be a great Recruiting Manager at TCG. I was flattered and we began a dialogue finishing with me coming into the office where everything was very positive, warm, enriching, (the last time all this would happen this way) and there appeared to be no time limit or limit on the number of questions I could ask. The training program was to be 6 months (this was a lie) and the first 3 months were completely free to me...months 4, 5, 6+ would be a recoverable draw based on my salary and the amount of placements I made. This was actually another lie as at the end of my first 90 days, I was supposed to have already made enough placements to cover my salary.

The VP and Division Director made everything sound positive, enriching, and said the position was open because of growth. They couldn't have lied more as the position was open because 4-5 people hadn't worked out before me. Either they'd been fired or had left, it didn't matter. The turnover there is incredible.

I was hesitant as it all sounded "too good to be true" at first (and indeed it was) but the Division Director hounded me for weeks after my initial phone interview to "come on board" before I finally met with the Division Director and VP in person where they absolutely promised me things would be great and that we'd be successful together. This couldn't have been farther from the truth as after I came on board I found out I was actually in daily competition with the Division Director.

They did way more selling of me on the position than the other way around. They make it sound like it's a highly coveted position and competition is steep but really, their benefits are so bad (more shareholder value if employees are on a recoverable draw) the reasons for actually going to TCG are minimal at best.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavior based questions like "Tell me a time when you tried to sell somebody something but they weren't buying"   1 Answer