The Culinary Institute of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2016

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Culinary Institute of America

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Culinary Institute of America (Hyde Park, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got called in for 2 interviews, it was pleasant exp. you must have the exact skills for job listed or you will not be called. took 8 months to finally get the job, was interviewed by someone from the department and human resources at the time. make sure you are dressed proper and well mannered and keep goo eye contact, also they like to hear that you are a "yes" person type.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Culinary Institute of America (Hyde Park, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone by someone in HR and had a short phone interview with them. I was then asked to schedule my first in-person interview. There I met with the same HR person and the person who would be my immediate supervisor. I was then asked to return for a second interview where I met with two of the department heads. Because of the position I applied for, I had to take an Excel and Access test. I was then contacted about 2 weeks later by HR saying they would like to extend the opportunity to me.

Director of Public Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Helena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The Culinary Institute of America (Saint Helena, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was called by the HR Director after the initial application while I was on vacation (mid-July). She conducted a brief telephone interview. They claimed to be highly motivated and looking to fill the position by August 1st. They requested an in person interview that required me to leave the vacation a day early. The interview was at their main campus located in the former Christian Bros. winery. I sat through three interviews, first the HR director, then the college president and then the chief chef (equivalent to the provost in most colleges). All were very enthusiastic and reiterated their commitment to fill the position by August 1. After that interview there was nothing but silence. No rejection letter, no phone calls, no emails... nothing. I made several inquiries as to the status as August 1 approached and received no response. None of the above parties answered their phones or returned messages. I continued on with my job search and was eventually hired at the end of September by another academic institution. In mid-November..... approximately 4 and a half months after the interview I received an email advising the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview was low key. Strictly qualifications review and discussion regarding my background and experience.   Answer Question

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Culinary Institute of America (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was called by the Recruiter for a phone interview in regards to the Admissions Recruiter position. We talked for about 20 minutes about my background, going down the list of jobs one by one. I answered some questions about my motivation and what I was looking for in a company, and my salary expectations. I didn't hear back from him.

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Culinary Institute of America (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in January 2012.

Interview

asking the experience i have