The Daytona Beach News Journal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Daytona Beach News Journal Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Daytona Beach News Journal

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Daytona Beach News Journal.

Interview

After finding and reading the job description on a job site, I applied on-line. I was called within a week and asked for an in-person interview. The interviewer was very pleasant and friendly and, while the interview went well (over an hour), I never heard back. A simple call or email informing an applicant that they have not been chosen for a positions seems reasonable.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Daytona Beach News Journal in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for an interview. During the phone interview, I was told the job now included a sales component in addition to customer service and had been cut to part-time. It paid $9/hour plus commission. I said I wasn't interested in a sales job and the interviewer said it was all inside calls - customers calling about services or problems with service that the call center would assist/resolve and then try to sell them other stuff. It occurred to me that the reason I was being called so long after I applied for the job was possibly that the company had hired a bunch of candidates at that time and they failed to meet the sales quota (there is a quota, the interviewer told me). Considering the declining ad sales and subscriptions in the newspaper industry today, this job sounded like a losing proposition for the applicant and a desperate attempt by the paper to squeeze some extra sales from unsuspecting consumers. No thanks.

Interview Questions