The Department for Education (UK) Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

The Department for Education (UK) Interview Questions in London, England

Updated May 10, 2017

2.8

Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Department for Education (UK) (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very structured and basic competency interview by three people. Literally asked me to spell out the examples required from the Civil Service handbook. Quite short - 40 minutes. Not too taxing. If you prepare well from the handbook and follow the STAR structure, this is not a difficult interview. Although the interview itself was short, the entire process was very long. Job advertised in November, interview was almost two months later, final decision made four weeks after that.

Campaigns Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Department for Education (UK) (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

3 sperate interviews where met different staff - line manager, colleagues and head of department. Pretty standard first interview followed by, presentation in the 2nd conducted over the phone. Nothing difficult and pretty standard questioning throughout. 3RD stage interview more with he'd of dept - more troublesome - was asked the same questions as before but this time the answers where not seemed to have been liked. Also seemed to want agency experience which is a bit late in the day to pick up on. Strange arbitrary process.

Interview Questions

• Examples where you had used particular skills   1 Answer

Secondary English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Department for Education (UK) (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

They want to see how you teach, so you have to prepare a teaching session with an specific group at that school. After that, usually you have an interview with senior management about the role, motivation, etc

VB.NET Developer (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Department for Education (UK) (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through Jobserve, a week later got a reply from recruiter. Was asked to fill a questionnaire like why I'm suitable for this position, my desired rate etc. Another week later I had the face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• It was typical competency-based interview with very few and rather simple technical questions thrown in.   1 Answer
    • Give us an example of a situation where you worked under pressure?   1 Answer