The Dinex Group Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Dinex Group

Assistant Restaurant Manager/Banquet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Dinex Group (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Cold and distant, not surprising for restaurants but I thought there might be more interested in my experience working in France especially from a French restaurant group. They asked how I deal with conflict, not about my menu planning which made me think that I was being interviewed for a server job instead of management. Unsure of how I would fit into a company that was only interested in another body to carry food instead of my contribution to the department.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict/would you ever have an issue reporting a manager for malfisence   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Dinex Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I responded to a Craiglist Ad online and was brought in for an interview shortly thereafter. About a week later they brought me in a for a trail, which was pretty straightforward. Toward the end of the my trail, I sat down with the General Manager for a relatively informal interview. I was sent home for the evening and they sent me an email the next day offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging situation you've found yourself with on the floor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Dinex Group (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick and efficient. Invited to corporate, then the particular location. Met with a few different managers. All professional and nice. A little heat on the final interview round, but nothing unmanageable as long as you feel confident that you want to work in the industry. Make sure you read up on the company and know how the stages of DB's expansion.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Dinex Group (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied on craigslist, went in to the corporate office to meet with an HR person. It was a fairly easy interview, very conversational. We talked about the different restaurants in the company, talked a little about Chef Boulud, and talked about my work history. Then I had to meet with the general manager of the specific restaurant, and that was more of a discussion about training and scheduling.