The Egg and I Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Egg and I Restaurants

General Manager Interview

Interview

First I met with the director of operations. Then I met with regional supervisor to discuss things further. I was then offered the position and was sent to Knoxville to train.

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Egg and I Restaurants (Carrollton, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I went in after viewing their ad on craigslist. I walked in, asked for an application. The assistant manager took my application and said that she would give my application to the general manager. The manager called a few days later and asked me to come in for an interview the next day. I went in and he was surprised that I had a resume attached to my application lol He asked me a few questions and then offered me the position and started the week after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Egg and I Restaurants (Fort Collins, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was an informal, no-frills and honest discussion of what the business was looking for and what I brought to the table. The interviewer was a very competent, highly experienced person in the industry, and so concentrated on the practical: attendance/ dependability? Knowledge/previous experience? How do I work in a fast-paced, stressful environment? My questions for the interviewer were quickly, honestly and effectively answered, and he was kind enough, when I mentioned my asking wage, to point out that that was a bit low for their business, and was fine with me asking for slightly a higher rate of pay.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at working in a super fast, high stress environment?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I interviewed at The Egg and I Restaurants in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty ok. And I felt comfortable and it was good . I was happy with the results and what not so that's good . So pretty ok experience I would say

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good and I was able to get every other weekend and it went pretty ok . I was happy with it and what not

Host and Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Egg and I Restaurants (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very brief and quick, if you some experience no problem getting the job. If not, show them that you will work hard and they will gladly hire you. I was hired right on the spot, not as formal as a typical job interview. If you can show them that you would be able to work under any sort of environment and be able to keep your customer service skills top notch you should have no problem in receiving this job. Simply bring in a resume to their location and ask to fill a application in the restaurant, then the manager may either interview you on-the-spot or call a few days after. if, not give them a call that same week inquiring about your application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Egg and I?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not too much negotiation. When offered a job, the manager simply stated that there will be a background check and that she can get you started within a week's notice. You start 4.50/2.15 an hour depending on if your a host/busser or a waiter/waitress. No tip share, so you work for all your tips.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Egg and I Restaurants (Gilbert, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was only about two minutes long. The manager took me to a table, looked at my application and then described what it is like working there. She said they all help each other out and things like that. She didn't ask a single question about me and I thought for sure that I wasn't getting the job but the next day she called me asking me to come in.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Egg and I Restaurants (Humble, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied in person, received a call two days later, interview was very interactive. Be yourself and answer the questions with confidence. Be sure to be prepared for scenario like questions as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation involving a customer?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Interview

I walked in to have breakfast at the Egg and I one day and I was asked to apply. Unfortunately when I did the position had already been taken. Though when I was interviewed I was told that I would be called if anything were to come up.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Egg and I Restaurants (North Richland Hills, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

There was not much of an interview. I sat down and just had a casual conversation with the manager. 2 days later I was hired. I started work the next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Egg and I Restaurants (Carrollton, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

You need to go to the actual restaurant to apply. You can get the application at the store but I filled mine out before going there just to be prepared. And the manager was pretty pleased at the preparation. I got the interview as soon as I went to the restaurant. The interview went well until I was asked the question, "Can you work on Sundays?" As a Christian, I told him no I can't. And because Egg&I only opens from like 7am-2:30pm, it was impossible for me to make the time. The manager said to contact him when I decided to move my church activities. So, working on sundays is MANDATORY. Don't think about applying if you can't work on sundays.