The Execu|Search Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.5

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with several different people at various levels within different divisions. I was there for about 3 hours, mostly because I had to keep waiting for the next interviewer to come in. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to; overall it was a positive experience aside from how long I was there and had to wait for each employee to come in and speak with me.

Interview Questions

• If did was my last day on Earth, what would be the biggest thing I regret not accomplishing?
      How does my 12 year old self compare with the person I am today?   Answer Question

Jun 29, 2017

I am glad you had an overall positive experience and apologize about having to wait a little too long in between interviews. We are always looking for ways to improve our process and will make sure... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

It was a long process that stretched a couple of weeks. They had me meet with several members of the firm on both the sales and recruiting side of the business and each person was a different level in the firm. While this was time consuming, looking back on it I think that it was helpful for me to get a feel for everyone. None of the interviews were intense and mostly laid back, getting to know you, and learning about why you should be hired.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

You will probably meet with multiple people and potentially a partner, be prepared for basic interview questions - what drives you? why do you want to get into recruiting? why Execu|Search? I was able to shadow some of the recruiters which helped get a better picture of what to expect in the day to day world of staffing

Interview Questions

The Execu|Search Group Response

Apr 24, 2017

Thank you for your review. Our process does require a few steps, including meeting with several employees in order to ensure that we are making good hiring decisions. I am happy to hear our... More

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone who had contacted me a quickly after I initially applied. I was told that they would be in touch around a month later and they were. I set up the phone interview for a week following the call to get in touch. The interview was very casual and not intimidating whatsoever. Interviewer was extremely nice and seemed truly interested in my experiences both professionally and personally.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe how your work experience can translate to a corporate setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Kind of really disappointed with the whole process. I was initially contacted by the corporate recruiter who was very pleasant to work with. We had a phone screen and everything went well; I was invited for a face to face interview. I then met with two different managers/directors for different services. Afterwards, I was given the choice for which service I would like to staff for. I was unsure, but regardless was asked to come to a second interview to meet with the VP and overall director of the service group. They really liked me, as it was expressed to me following the second interview. I was then asked to come in for a third and final interview/shadowing with the service director, for the services I did not choose. I was pretty certain that if they would have me come in to shadow and what basically seemed like a training session, that I would be selected as a candidate. Nope, they decided to go with someone else. Not only were the interviews so spread apart but they also convinced me that I pretty much had the job in the bag and that was not the case. To make matters worse, I had to follow up twice to see if I was chosen to be hired. Seriously, don't drag out the process so long if you know you're not going to hire the individual.

Interview Questions

• When I had to discuss metrics, after I mentioned that I have never worked with KPIs because I have only previously worked in corporate settings.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Started out applying online. Was reached out to for a phone interview. Had phone interview shortly after being reach out to. Following the phone interview I went into the office for an in-person interview followed by a Skype interview... The process is still ongoing but has been amazing and positive so far.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had that lead you to believe you would be a good fit in this industry?   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

Interview

Extensive process. Took about a month from initial interview to offer. First interview was via skype with corporate recruiter. 2nd interview was with Manager at location. 3rd was a long interview with a series of up to 6 people (one at a time) throughout the day. I was there from 10am until 5 pm. Make sure to eat before starting this process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told there was no room for negotiations which I wasn't too pleased with.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Web interview, initial call from recruiter she was chewing gum while speaking to me about setting up an web cam interview. 2nd interview, recruiter was over an hour late for the call and fumbled through the whole thing. Definitely wasn't prepared or do her homework to before the call. Discussed salary the day before and was asked about salary again during the 2nd call, stating, "Oh I wasn't aware that you were out of the salary range."

Finally stated that she did not have a position to fit my pay range, this call was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? (Really this is the best question you can ask a candidate in 2016?)   Answer Question

Aug 15, 2016

Thank you for your feedback, as this is one way we can assure that are quality procedures are always enhanced. Our interviewers are always striving to conduct profession and thorough interviews with... More

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Overall very casual. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for a more formal one. Interviewer tried to get an idea of the type of person I was through a typically casual conversation. Had a one on one interview with two different recruiters, one right after the other. Whole interview took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a working environment?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle working with someone who has a strong personality?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (Waltham, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

After application, you get a phone call from their technical recruiter almost right away, like that same day (or the next). Then a skype is scheduled very quickly afterwards, and you go through what they are doing and what you are looking for to see if it's a fit. Then a few onsite interviews with management to see if you have the correct personality. Not much more than an hour or two.

Interview Questions

The Execu|Search Group Response

Apr 3, 2017

It sounds like you had an overall positive interview experience, with quick interview setups and follow-up. I see that you had accepted our offer, and would appreciate any feedback on how your role... More