The Execu|Search Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 5, 2018

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The internal recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and set up a phone call with me where we discussed my background and more about the job opportunity. I was then brought in for an in person interview about a week later. I met with the recruiter first, then with the members of the team who I'd be working with. It lasted about 2 hours after which the recruiter met with me and scheduled a second round interview. For the second round I met with the director of the team and the COO, and I shadowed the team. This also lasted about 2 hours. Within the week I got a call from the recruiter offering me the position.

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

It was about 10 to 15 min asked if I have experience working with children and gave me a lot of paper work to fill out. I enjoy working with children and helping them in their need

Interview Questions

The Execu|Search Group Response

Apr 11, 2017

Thank you for your comments. I hope you had a great experience working with our recruiters and enjoyed your assignment. We look forward to connecting you with future assignments!
    Edward... More

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy, straight forward. I applied online, received a call two days later. Went in for a interview, filled out paper work. I attended a mandatory training, and was fingerprinted. When everything came back I was assigned a case and have been working ever since.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like working with children?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiating.

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Overall very casual. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for a more formal one. Interviewer tried to get an idea of the type of person I was through a typically casual conversation. Had a one on one interview with two different recruiters, one right after the other. Whole interview took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a working environment?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle working with someone who has a strong personality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview took place over the course of a month. Started with a phone interview, then on site interview, a job shadow, and lastly a final interview with one of the partners. I had to also take a personality test as well. The woman I was in touch with throughout the entire process was extremely informative and one of the main reasons I chose to work there.

Interview Questions

• Describe what motivates you   1 Answer

The Execu|Search Group Response

Apr 12, 2017

Our interview process does have a few steps to it as we like to hire great talent! The job shadow is also a great step in the process as it allows the candidate to really see a day in the life in the... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process from start to finish took about a month. Had an interview at the office first with the recruiter, then a skype interview, a job shadow, and a final skype interview. I met with the director, senior managing director and president of my team. The recruiter was very friendly, responsive and I felt comfortable throughout the process.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very formal. Initial phone screen. Face to Face onsite , followed by a second onsite or Skype Interview. The company really looks for a strong fit not only for the role but culturally for the team as well. They will ask questions about your resume to make sure you are a credible candidate.

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

I met with hiring director to discuss my experience, what type of work i was looking for. Explained my job descriptions from previous employers. Director discussed possible employment with client.

Interview Questions

• what type of company i was looking to work for   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

Interview

The overall interview process with this firm was smooth, welcoming and interactive. After applying to one of their openings posted online, it took less than 12 hours for the Head of HR to contact me to discuss an opportunity. The initial telephone conversation allowed reciprocal exchanges and was set up to allow me to really ensure this was an opportunity that matched my interests. The firm demonstrated a high sense of urgency and confirmed a face to face interview as soon as possible based on availabilities.

The first face to face interview was to meet with HR and to meet directly with the hiring manager. The second interview phase was to meet with other members of the team. What I appreciated from this particular interview process is that there were no traps set up. The interview process was to get to know you and for you to get to know the firm and your future colleagues. Many companies have you go through testing, personality assessments and up to four different interviews that can result in the process taking up to several months. The Execu|Search Group understands the competitiveness in the market place and ensures they make it as seamless as possible for a potential candidate.

Throughout the entire process starting from the initial conversation to the background verification, the HR team never stopped communicating with me until the offer was made. It was very reassuring and it also made me feel wanted (compared to what I had experienced with other companies)

I did accept an offer; I’ve been with The Execu|Search Group for 2 months. I can confirm that throughout the interview process, the hiring managers were transparent and honest about the realities of the company (mission and values), about the job itself and the way they run their business.

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

Interview

Three hour in-person interview. Got an offer a few days after interviewing. Started working a few weeks after accepting the offer. Process was quick and easy. So quick and easy that it should have been a red flag. Very high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for this position?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

How would your friends describe you?

Do you have any recruiting experience?   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group in October 2015.

Interview

Very Easy! I was able to get a good sense of the company and knew what I would be getting myself into. Very young working professionals that I would feel very comfortable working with. Felt like a fun and very very very rewarding work environment. I am changing from social services to this field!