The Execu|Search Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.6

Major Gift Officer - Queens College Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

An email was sent to me. The interview was scheduled then re-scheduled three times if you count moving the interview from morning to mid-day. The person who emailed me kept using the wrong name.

She didn’t seem to have my resume or know anything about development or fundraising. She kept asking questions that you’d ask someone for a clerical job. She didn’t know much about Queens College, either, or the culture.

Development is a very small community.

I wouldn’t recommend using this recruitment firm or applying for positions they have in development.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very formal. Initial phone screen. Face to Face onsite , followed by a second onsite or Skype Interview. The company really looks for a strong fit not only for the role but culturally for the team as well. They will ask questions about your resume to make sure you are a credible candidate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The internal recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and set up a phone call with me where we discussed my background and more about the job opportunity. I was then brought in for an in person interview about a week later. I met with the recruiter first, then with the members of the team who I'd be working with. It lasted about 2 hours after which the recruiter met with me and scheduled a second round interview. For the second round I met with the director of the team and the COO, and I shadowed the team. This also lasted about 2 hours. Within the week I got a call from the recruiter offering me the position.

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with several different people at various levels within different divisions. I was there for about 3 hours, mostly because I had to keep waiting for the next interviewer to come in. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to; overall it was a positive experience aside from how long I was there and had to wait for each employee to come in and speak with me.

Interview Questions

• If did was my last day on Earth, what would be the biggest thing I regret not accomplishing?
      How does my 12 year old self compare with the person I am today?   Answer Question

The Execu|Search Group Response

Jun 29, 2017

I am glad you had an overall positive experience and apologize about having to wait a little too long in between interviews. We are always looking for ways to improve our process and will make sure... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

It was a long process that stretched a couple of weeks. They had me meet with several members of the firm on both the sales and recruiting side of the business and each person was a different level in the firm. While this was time consuming, looking back on it I think that it was helpful for me to get a feel for everyone. None of the interviews were intense and mostly laid back, getting to know you, and learning about why you should be hired.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

You will probably meet with multiple people and potentially a partner, be prepared for basic interview questions - what drives you? why do you want to get into recruiting? why Execu|Search? I was able to shadow some of the recruiters which helped get a better picture of what to expect in the day to day world of staffing

Interview Questions

The Execu|Search Group Response

Apr 24, 2017

Thank you for your review. Our process does require a few steps, including meeting with several employees in order to ensure that we are making good hiring decisions. I am happy to hear our... More

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone who had contacted me a quickly after I initially applied. I was told that they would be in touch around a month later and they were. I set up the phone interview for a week following the call to get in touch. The interview was very casual and not intimidating whatsoever. Interviewer was extremely nice and seemed truly interested in my experiences both professionally and personally.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe how your work experience can translate to a corporate setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Kind of really disappointed with the whole process. I was initially contacted by the corporate recruiter who was very pleasant to work with. We had a phone screen and everything went well; I was invited for a face to face interview. I then met with two different managers/directors for different services. Afterwards, I was given the choice for which service I would like to staff for. I was unsure, but regardless was asked to come to a second interview to meet with the VP and overall director of the service group. They really liked me, as it was expressed to me following the second interview. I was then asked to come in for a third and final interview/shadowing with the service director, for the services I did not choose. I was pretty certain that if they would have me come in to shadow and what basically seemed like a training session, that I would be selected as a candidate. Nope, they decided to go with someone else. Not only were the interviews so spread apart but they also convinced me that I pretty much had the job in the bag and that was not the case. To make matters worse, I had to follow up twice to see if I was chosen to be hired. Seriously, don't drag out the process so long if you know you're not going to hire the individual.

Interview Questions

• When I had to discuss metrics, after I mentioned that I have never worked with KPIs because I have only previously worked in corporate settings.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Started out applying online. Was reached out to for a phone interview. Had phone interview shortly after being reach out to. Following the phone interview I went into the office for an in-person interview followed by a Skype interview... The process is still ongoing but has been amazing and positive so far.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had that lead you to believe you would be a good fit in this industry?   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

Interview

Extensive process. Took about a month from initial interview to offer. First interview was via skype with corporate recruiter. 2nd interview was with Manager at location. 3rd was a long interview with a series of up to 6 people (one at a time) throughout the day. I was there from 10am until 5 pm. Make sure to eat before starting this process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told there was no room for negotiations which I wasn't too pleased with.