The Execu|Search Group Staffing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Execu|Search Group Staffing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at The Execu|Search Group

2.6

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

Interview

The hiring process was extremely organized and professional. I applied online through LinkedIn and a few weeks later I was on the phone doing a phone screening with a recruiter. After completing the phone screening, they liked me enough to bring me in for an interview. After the first interview, I was invited for a second interview in their headquarters in NYC.

Interview Questions

• What are some key skills that you have that will make you successful in this position? What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Execu|Search Group

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

Interview

I was first contacted via email to discuss my experience and why I was interested in this position / the company as a whole. We had a 40 minute phone conversation and I was brought in for my first round, then proceeded to have a second and third round where I got to meet about 4-5 other people in the company who asked me questions and shared their experiences with me which was very helpful in making my decision.

Interview Questions

• What motivates me? How would I make this position different from my last position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate and stick within the range I was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a long process that stretched a couple of weeks. They had me meet with several members of the firm on both the sales and recruiting side of the business and each person was a different level in the firm. While this was time consuming, looking back on it I think that it was helpful for me to get a feel for everyone. None of the interviews were intense and mostly laid back, getting to know you, and learning about why you should be hired.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The internal recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and set up a phone call with me where we discussed my background and more about the job opportunity. I was then brought in for an in person interview about a week later. I met with the recruiter first, then with the members of the team who I'd be working with. It lasted about 2 hours after which the recruiter met with me and scheduled a second round interview. For the second round I met with the director of the team and the COO, and I shadowed the team. This also lasted about 2 hours. Within the week I got a call from the recruiter offering me the position.

Interview Questions

The Execu|Search Group Response

Sep 4, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you had a positive experience interviewing with our team. It looks like you’ve accepted our offer so that is great to see, and I hope we can meet all your... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Kind of really disappointed with the whole process. I was initially contacted by the corporate recruiter who was very pleasant to work with. We had a phone screen and everything went well; I was invited for a face to face interview. I then met with two different managers/directors for different services. Afterwards, I was given the choice for which service I would like to staff for. I was unsure, but regardless was asked to come to a second interview to meet with the VP and overall director of the service group. They really liked me, as it was expressed to me following the second interview. I was then asked to come in for a third and final interview/shadowing with the service director, for the services I did not choose. I was pretty certain that if they would have me come in to shadow and what basically seemed like a training session, that I would be selected as a candidate. Nope, they decided to go with someone else. Not only were the interviews so spread apart but they also convinced me that I pretty much had the job in the bag and that was not the case. To make matters worse, I had to follow up twice to see if I was chosen to be hired. Seriously, don't drag out the process so long if you know you're not going to hire the individual.

Interview Questions

• When I had to discuss metrics, after I mentioned that I have never worked with KPIs because I have only previously worked in corporate settings.   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

Interview

Extensive process. Took about a month from initial interview to offer. First interview was via skype with corporate recruiter. 2nd interview was with Manager at location. 3rd was a long interview with a series of up to 6 people (one at a time) throughout the day. I was there from 10am until 5 pm. Make sure to eat before starting this process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told there was no room for negotiations which I wasn't too pleased with.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

You will probably meet with multiple people and potentially a partner, be prepared for basic interview questions - what drives you? why do you want to get into recruiting? why Execu|Search? I was able to shadow some of the recruiters which helped get a better picture of what to expect in the day to day world of staffing

Interview Questions

The Execu|Search Group Response

Apr 24, 2017

Thank you for your review. Our process does require a few steps, including meeting with several employees in order to ensure that we are making good hiring decisions. I am happy to hear our... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Very disorganized and unprofessional process. Had me interviewing for a position only to tell me after that they had not figured out the budget yet?? Then after numerous interviews told me that they did not have the budget for that position. This dragged on for 3 weeks after I had met with nearly everyone in the company only to not be offered a position after investing so much time into a company that did not even have the logistics of their budget figured out.

Along with that everyone I met repeated the same exact thing as the 20 people before them, no one had anything new to say and seemed rushed always.

Interview Questions

The Execu|Search Group Response

Apr 15, 2019 – CEO

It is unfortunate to hear about your experience with our interview process. We do our best to make sure a candidate is the right fit, not only for a team, but for the firm, which is why we may... More