The Fresh Market Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

1.7

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

It was really quick. Really casual. Looked over my resume, asked me when my starting date was, and a few general customer service questions and a situation where I had to deal with an unpleasant customer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Fresh Market

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in September 2017.

Interview

They asked me questions about weird things like different names of spaghetti noodles and then asked about how to maximize sales at the register. I don't know if these are normal interview questions for a cashier position but okayyyyy

Interview Questions

• name the different types of pesto that are on the market?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call for an interview the same day. Had the interview two days later with who I assume to be the manager. It was very casual. I had to call a few days later and was offered the job. I was told that I would receive an email about a background check in a few days but never did. When I called about the background check, I was put on hold for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle difficult customers?

What is your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

Basic questions and it was extremely laid back: are you good at math, what experience do you have as a cashier? They were desperate at the time for new employees too though.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

3 relatively short 15 minute interviews, some pretty weird questions. Hiring manager was a bit of a kook didn't know where he was going with some of the questions he asked but I stuck through it

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

They took me to a quiet place and interviewed me within 30 mins it was fast i talked to the customer service manager first and then the store manager and he told me the background check have to go through then we can go on with the hiring process

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Johnson City, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very easy to interview and get hired. I put in my application and they called me two days later to schedule the interview. I went to the store and it was difficult to find the person I was trying to interview with. The interview lasted maybe 10 minutes and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• They ask about why they should hire you and what kind of benefits you can brings to the store.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in April 2016.

Interview

The total process took about 3 days. I applied on a Sunday, got a call on Monday and was asked basic questions about my minimum pay requirements, availability etc. then asked when I could come in for an interview. Went in that Thursday at 11 and got a call saying they wanted to offer me the job by 3:00.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Louisville, KY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied and was asked to come in for an interview a few days later. At the time of my interview, I had to wait a very long time because the hiring manager had forgotten about my interview. Other managers and employees continuously interrupted.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

They made me wait up front by the registers. The manager walked me around the store asking about any experience I had with food, handling money, etc. Overall pretty simple and not intimidating at all. Gave me a good look around the store, due to me never have heard about it before.

Interview Questions

• What was a worksite conflict that you had   1 Answer