The Fresh Market Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Fresh Market Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

Basic questions and it was extremely laid back: are you good at math, what experience do you have as a cashier? They were desperate at the time for new employees too though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Fresh Market

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

3 relatively short 15 minute interviews, some pretty weird questions. Hiring manager was a bit of a kook didn't know where he was going with some of the questions he asked but I stuck through it

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

They took me to a quiet place and interviewed me within 30 mins it was fast i talked to the customer service manager first and then the store manager and he told me the background check have to go through then we can go on with the hiring process

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Johnson City, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very easy to interview and get hired. I put in my application and they called me two days later to schedule the interview. I went to the store and it was difficult to find the person I was trying to interview with. The interview lasted maybe 10 minutes and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• They ask about why they should hire you and what kind of benefits you can brings to the store.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in April 2016.

Interview

The total process took about 3 days. I applied on a Sunday, got a call on Monday and was asked basic questions about my minimum pay requirements, availability etc. then asked when I could come in for an interview. Went in that Thursday at 11 and got a call saying they wanted to offer me the job by 3:00.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

They made me wait up front by the registers. The manager walked me around the store asking about any experience I had with food, handling money, etc. Overall pretty simple and not intimidating at all. Gave me a good look around the store, due to me never have heard about it before.

Interview Questions

• What was a worksite conflict that you had   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

interview process was easy, i was worried i wouldn't get it but i did. I was interviewed by a guy named tom . when i first walked in the door i was relieved at how slow business was so i thought less work , but don't be fooled because there isn't any customer Managers harass you and you can barely talk to anyone.The interview was easy though simple questions like why do you want work here, your availability ...simple questions

Interview Questions

• do you have open availabilty   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Montgomery, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview took place in the back of the store at table very dark and noisy area. It was not a difficult interview but it was a tiny bit unprofessional. The employees were very loud. Overall it was an decent interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

Easy and friendly, laid back atmosphere when talking to store manager.
    Very approachable and straight forward questions. Discussed availability and hours and flexibility.
    The front end manager joined the interview and discussed scheduling procedures and dress code.

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Panama City, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was so easy seriously, this was my very first job so I was really nervous before I went in. I was even practicing lines before I went in. I came in and told them I was here for an interview and waiting in the sitting area for the manager. When she came in she didn't ask any questions we mainly talked about my availability and what salary I would want. After she wrote down some notes she offered me a job right there. No situational questions and I love working there.

Negotiation

No negotiation, I told her I would work minimal wage and she had me down for 9:hr