The Fresh Market Candy/Coffee Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Fresh Market Candy/Coffee Specialist Interview Questions

1.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

Went to the open interview at a local hotel, however I had a interview scheduled. After wandering around the hotel I finally found where the interviews were being held. I checked in and then went into a room and waited for my interviewer. Two minutes later I met my interviewer and went into another room where multiple interviews were being held. We sat down and talked for 20 to 30 mins about the description of the job, what to expect, when the store will be opening, my job experience and my availability. It was a smooth interview. The interviewer said that I will not know if I got the job or not until this coming week or next .. So hopefully I got it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Fresh Market

Candy/Coffee Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

After applying, I received an email where I was able to schedule an interview for the new location opening near me. Before the interview, I received a call to schedule an earlier interview which I did. I arrived early to the interview and when called, proceeded to have the interview. It was very causal, which I should have expected but I was not and it threw me off. I was told that the position that I was applying for had been pretty much filled but that they would consider me for other positions that were still open. After discussing possible fits, we had final questions from myself and the interviewer. I was told that I would receive a call by a certain date, whether I got the position or not, and to expect it. The date came and went and no call or even email came. I was very disappointed in their lack of follow through. Also the interview was extremely short, as in I arrived 15 minutes early, waited for almost 7-8, and finished the interview, included my list of questions for them, a few minutes after when I was supposed to the arrived to the interview. Very disappointing but it made it much easier to continue the job search after their lack of communication.

Interview Questions

• What other position would you be interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Durham, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Pleasant. I only expected one person but there was three. They were very pleasant and I did not feel overwhelmed. We discussed various openings and where I might like to work. They made me an offer and I asked for more. My request was met with an affirmative. I knew the wag rages from Glass door website.

Coffee/Candy Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2014.

Interview

A little over two months after applying, I was called on a Thursday evening for a Saturday morning interview. When I got to the interview I was asked my pay range. Using the numbers from Glassdoor.com I asked for $14 an hour. I was told the position did not pay this amount any where in the country that he was aware of. Also told that most likely nothing paid over $10 an hour. Then, I was told the position wasn't available. When I got home to write this review the position is still listed on the internet as open.

Coffee/Candy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

The Fresh Market is looking for outgoing people to start a career with their company. They are constantly expanding and prefer to hire from within. Characteristics that they look for include extroverted personalities to facilitate their in-store atmosphere of customer engagement. Time management skills as well as attention to detail are required.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Annapolis, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

Completed online application.
    Called store 8 times!
    Showed up at store and demanded to see the manager.
    Did a 1:1 interview for about 5 minutes.
    Got hired.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a grocery store before?   1 Answer
    • What department did you work in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate what? I was told what the "cap" salary for my job and was told to take it or leave it.