The Fresh Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

1.9

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very succinct. After coming in I was asked a series of questions ranging from my work experience, why I wanted to work at TFM, and how much I would like to be paid. Manager seemed to have already made up her mind to hire me before the interview. I received a call later that same day.

Full Time Floater Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

It was really kind of a joke. The interview took place in the lobby of the store. The job was posted as a full time position, but when the job was offered to me it was part time and the hiring manager told me "they never hire anyone FT to start"

Interview Questions

• I dont really remember any typical interview questions being asked of me. The hiring manager seemed elated and thought I was exactly what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was simple. Came in and was asked to describe my experience. The Interviewer did most of the talking and I let her. They will give you the rundown of the company and tell you all the benefits of the company. I just nodded most of the time and kept great eye contact and stayed relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in May 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was very easy and the person interviewing me was very friendly and chatty. I felt that the interview went great and I was called to be offered the position 3 days later. I then filled out a background check and that was three weeks ago. I have yet to hear back about the next step. I was really looking forward to working with this company but the person I've been in contact with is not doing a good job of communicating with me. I have other interviews set up because I cannot waste any more time waiting for them to get back to me. The only contact I have had was when I called them and never was given a call back or status update on my employment.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Miami, FL).

Interview

TFM has a broken online process that took months to hoop jump and hop through just to get an official interview. You may think you are being hired as a permanent workforce member but in reality will probably only be for seasonal work then be terminated after sales plummet and corporate begins crying about too many hours in the store payroll.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want for pay?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wages are their only budget concern, and after a few rounds of haggling, will low ball your value regardless of how much experience you have.

Application

Interview

I applied on a Friday, got a phone call from the GM on Saturday for a basic phone interview. Was invited to interview with a manager on Monday. She was very friendly and had a good attitude, and gave me plenty of time to speak without the interview feeling awkward. I was told I'd get a call if they were interested in me.

Two or three weeks later I got a phone call asking if I was still interested in the job. I said yes, and they agreed to call tomorrow after talking to the other manager. I got a phone cal the next day, as promised, and was offered the job and a salary.

The questions were basic situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Williamsburg, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day.
    Interviewer clearly had not interviewed someone before, had no idea what to ask, what to do with my answers and what to do after each random question they asked me. interviewer did not seem interested in being there, nor being at the store at all.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about TFM?
      what is your previous work history?
      why are you good for this position?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Johnson City, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very easy to interview and get hired. I put in my application and they called me two days later to schedule the interview. I went to the store and it was difficult to find the person I was trying to interview with. The interview lasted maybe 10 minutes and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• They ask about why they should hire you and what kind of benefits you can brings to the store.   Answer Question

Meat Cutter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick but the interviewer was not entirely honest when it came to the hours I was expected to work. I had worked with one of their employees before and he vouched for my abilities so the interview was cut kind of short.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of working in a retail store.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in April 2016.

Interview

The total process took about 3 days. I applied on a Sunday, got a call on Monday and was asked basic questions about my minimum pay requirements, availability etc. then asked when I could come in for an interview. Went in that Thursday at 11 and got a call saying they wanted to offer me the job by 3:00.