The Fresh Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Fresh Market Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

1.9

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in January 2016.

Interview

It was quick and easy.The store manager and I sat down in the store and chatted. It was casual and friendly. I asked more questions than he did. In retrospect, he answered my questions honestly. I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any questions. I just remember the manager telling me about the clientele and the store. I had never been in the store before the interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Grocery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Roswell, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a interview with the Assistant store manager, then the store manager. Waited like two days then got a call back and feel out the paperwork and started working the next day.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Greenville, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

The assistant manager interviewed me. He was nice during the interview, asked the usual questions. My first impression of him changed after working with him for a while. He was very professional during the entire interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• They asked about availability and consistency of being able to make it on time.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

Easy and friendly, laid back atmosphere when talking to store manager.
    Very approachable and straight forward questions. Discussed availability and hours and flexibility.
    The front end manager joined the interview and discussed scheduling procedures and dress code.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2015.

Interview

I called two days after submitting my application online and spoke with the hiring manager. She asked when I could come in for an interview and we scheduled the next day. They were busy when I came in and had to wait up front for about 10 min and then we went in back room for the interview and just some basic questions, they are big on customer satisfaction. Over all pretty easy

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had an upset customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Panama City, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was so easy seriously, this was my very first job so I was really nervous before I went in. I was even practicing lines before I went in. I came in and told them I was here for an interview and waiting in the sitting area for the manager. When she came in she didn't ask any questions we mainly talked about my availability and what salary I would want. After she wrote down some notes she offered me a job right there. No situational questions and I love working there.

Negotiation

No negotiation, I told her I would work minimal wage and she had me down for 9:hr

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a email stating to schedule a in-person interview and I went and got hired on the spot. After it was time to do my background check it took almost a week for the results to come back and I had to keep calling back to see if my results came back. Once I passed the background check I was suppose to receive a email updating me on the next step to be added to the schedule but after 2 days of calling and no email being sent I eventually gave up and moved on to other opportunities. Very unfortunate would have been nice to work for this company.

Cashier Interview

Interview

I had an interview with the fresh market on a Wednesday the next day the guy sent me my background check and he said 3 to 5 days. I called him back after a week and he still said he hasn't seen my background in the computer and I know I completed everything. I hate when people play games and act like yeah I want to hire you but give you the run around! I guess it's because I work for a different employer but don't waste people's tike if you have no intentions on hiring them plus I brought my resume and he didn't even want look at it.

Interview Questions

Didn't want to work there anymore because I never heard back from them.

Produce Prep Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

It was pretty laid back. Occurred in the front office. I applied to be a cashier, but the interview was a surprise interview for prep. There were two managers in the office. One is known for hiring attractive young women. The other wanted to get things done in his department, as prep had been completely disorganized for at least a month after the last person left.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't talk wage. If you want a higher paying job, apply elsewhere. They don't like wage bartering at all. There's not much negotiation. If you don't like it, they'll look at other applications.

Assistant Front End Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The first step of the interviewing process was very simple. The second interview was a completely different story. That being said it was probably the worst experience I've had. With in 60 seconds they managed to insult what I do for a living (Chipotle) saying "I don't know what they do, I don't eat at places like that" "I don't eat at places like that!" while saying that he had a look on his face of pure disgust. Pretty much looking down on me for even working for Chipotle, that it was beneath him. Following that comment the other man made a negative political statement saying "Oh but I hear Hillary Clinton does" then they continue to laugh and insult what I do and where I work. After they made it clear that my job is disgusting and that they're republicans and hated Hillary Clinton they managed to insult me further by asking me questions that were implying I wasn't a good fit for the position I was applying for. I kindly said I was open for other areas of employment but they seemed to already have that figured out for me saying they want me to be in the Deli department. This interview did't last more than 6 minutes. I will NEVER refer anyone to apply or even shop at The Fresh Market. Worst experience ever. And if you're a woman.. FORGET about working there or having any respect. I even went as far as complaining to their HR department.

Interview Questions

Worst company for any woman to work for.