The Fresh Market Produce Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Fresh Market Produce Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through SnagAJob and interviewed at a local hotel. They were opening a new location and had already secured all positions, but were compiling a group of extra applicants.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very basic and not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Fresh Market

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2016.

Interview

Bunch of BS. They were just trying to get anybody with a breath and a pulse into the store. That was my first red flag. Once I actually got the job I started noticing how in dire straights this company is. Don't work here

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing that you have done on the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Greenville, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied in November, was contacted in February of the next year by phone. I applied for the Produce Clerk position but was interviewed generally and asked what position I may enjoy the most out of what was open in the store.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for The Fresh Market?
      What about your previous positions did you not find fit for a career?
      Where do you see yourself in the company in later years?
      What is your availability?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation in pay.

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Brookfield, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a basic and easy interview, very easy questions interviewed with the produce manager and then the store manager. They were very nice and told me they were impressed with my overall appearance and my ability to answer the interview questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straightforward interview. I completed online application and was called back in less than 24 hours. I'm not thrilled with the pay and I'm seriously overqualified for the position but I see many opportunities for advancement especially considering that I do not have a problem with relocation.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked anything remotely, technical, analytical, behavioral, business case related, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Online survey. Management calls to setup the interview. Sit down meeting with ASM in store vestibule area. Aside from the background check, there is minimal vetting of potential employees. I was asked nothing regarding grocery experience or knowledge. Department managers do not participate, and therefore have no input on potential team members.

Interview Questions

• Q: "Are you willing to shave?" TFM had a no facial hair policy at the time. This was literally the only question I was asked. Should have been a red flag, to be honest.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Destin, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

The process was very laid back and relaxed. The interviewer was an assistant manager with the company and was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview process took place in the front office and began with the interviewer asking me to tell them a little bit about myself. They seemed interested to see where I had come from and why I wanted to work for the company. The interviewer then asked me a few common interview questions relating to previous work experiences and how I had handled various situations. The interview ended with a tour of the store and a promise that I would get a call whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you encountered with a fellow employee at your previous job and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in January 2014.

Interview

Applied several months before store opened.Once the initial interview took place, the process took exactly a week. (they were interviewing 300 other candidates) Attended open house and was offered second interview. At second interview, accepted offer for employment and negotiated salary, completed hiring paperwork. Easy process, just lengthy due to construction of new location. They are very customer service oriented, you should know what the fresh market is all about before the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate, fair outcome

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Miami, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Wait 2 days to call. Then another 2 days for interview. After interview, over a week wait until they call you back because of a background check being done.

Interview Questions

• The overall wait time is absurd just to hear back if they are going to hire you.   Answer Question

They took too long to get back to me

Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Suwanee, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very simple. I came in and happened to speak with the hiring manager by chance. After speaking briefly, I was sent the initial online process via email. The in-person interview happened maybe two day's later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was actually negotiable, but I was offered more that my previous job so I accepted.