The Fresh Market Interview Questions in Virginia Beach, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.0

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was relaxed and overall really quick and simple. The store manager (at the time of the store opening) interviewed every single employee hired, which I thought was nice! Even though it was my first interview, the store manager made me feel relaxed and he made it feel like there wasn't any pressure to put on an act in order to get hired. I ended up being offered another position (in the Deli) because they had already filled the position I applied for. The whole process (interview, paperwork, orientation, and training) all took place over the span of maybe a week or two. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Assistant Front End Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was very short only confirming everything from my application. Face to face interview was only about 10 minutes long. Once more only confirming my application information. Passing the background check and online assessment was required by head quarters. No drug test they do random testing monthly. They seemed desperate, and it turns out they were desperate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their first offer was less than I was currently making. They matched my current pay promising a quick bump in pay. They seemed desperate.

Department Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

About a week after the online application and assessment test I was contacted by the D.M. for an initial interview and was told I would get a call from the Store Manager for a follow up interview, which took place about 1 week later. I was told they had a few other applicants to talk to and that I would hear back either way. Two days later the Store Manager called and made an offer. I accepted the position, but did request a little more compensation and was told they could not do it. They called me back in a few hours and they offered slightly more.
    Both interviewers were very personable and informative, telling me about their history with the company. The both asked routine questions about my work history and duties and explained some of their systems and processes to see if I was capable and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• They asked about ordering and inventory experience and systems I have used.   Answer Question