The Garland Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Garland Company Interview Questions

3.6

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Garland Company in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was very misleading when speaking about compensation. Spoke in average income for territory sales reps and failed to mention it takes 3 to 5 years to attain that income. Also, did not mention reps are not eligible for commissions for first three years of employment.

Interview Questions

• You have great management and leadership experience, why are you here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Garland Company (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Not impressed with this group at all. Can understand after a couple of rounds of early interviews going through the normal "sell yourself/why work for us" but after last round not sure why they position themselves as so great as to why candidate needs to pay their own way to interview at their corporate location and why the "keep selling yourself/why should you be here" strategy. Communication is very good for first week but falls off fast. Looking for reps to give up current $250k job to come in at $80k or less and build themselves back up. No thanks and good luck.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen. Seriously? Tell me why you'd like to give up "x" in salary and your territory that you've built to come work for us where we don't think you'll be succesful for much, much less. I get the strategy, but come on.   Answer Question
    • What are your goals and the consequences for failing? Both personal and financial?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Garland Company in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed. They found me on LinkedIn and the recruiter got me an interview with the Director of Recruiting and a Regional Manager. I then did a ride day with a Sales Representative. It was a very detailed process.

Interview Questions

• What is the risk in hiring you? This is one of his last questions in the interview process.   Answer Question

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Garland Company (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

First, I was contacted by their in-house recruiter. Next, I went in for an in-person interview with HR and then with the marketing department as a whole. I was called in for a second interview with the marketing manager and at that point was given an assignment to develop a website homepage mockup.

Interview Questions

• They asked what experience I had in developing content for both web and print projects, why I majored in what I did in college, and why I wanted to leave my current position. They also drilled me very hard to find out what my current salary was.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Garland Company.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 2 F2F interviews. As I understand it, no 2 interviews are ever the same and that's intentional. It's entirely based upon the individual interviewing. Lots of psychology based techniques used and they want the best of the best. Smart people who are type A's and motivated by the almighty dollar. If you're not that person, don't waste your time pretending.

Interview Questions

• what would you buy with 50K   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Garland Company.

Interview

So far the interview process has been well executed. The recruitment team has kept me informed all through the process and are good about returning calls and responding to emails unlike many other companies that leave you wondering if they have filled the position but have not notified me of anything. Great job!

Interview Questions

• How did you go from this job to this other job?

Tell me about your college experience, what kind of clubs were you a part of during those years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Garland Company (Cleveland, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a really good I connected well with both of the recruiters that I dealt with. I had numerous talks with my main recruiter about the position, company, what to expect etc. They were up front with me about the difficulty of the position (which I new the industry already). The compensation package put together was also nice, with a draw for the first couple years until you really get your feet going. In my current position I travel a lot, so they worked with me on helping to select the right date to meet around my schedule. I declined because I wasn't quite ready to leave my current company.

Interview Questions

• A few questions on how you would respond to different situations, normal sales stuff that good people should be able to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Garland Company (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Very detailed application. After finishing all sections you have a good idea if you are right for this job or not. You first have a phone conversation, then if they are interested, you must apply online to the job specific application. after submitting the application you wait to hear back from a Garland employee to see if you have made it to the next step in processes.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Garland Company.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and setup a phone interview. After the phone interview, a face to face interview was set up in their training center in Cleveland with the recruiter for 30 minutes. Then I met with the General Manager and was told to tell my life story. They had 2 more candidates to interview. The process from start to finish took less than two weeks. I did not receive an offer but would recommend this company to others. Overall a very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a wheeler dealer?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Tell us what makes you tick   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Garland Company.

Interview

It was very lengthy but, all part of the process. had various phone interviews and a personality quiz leading up to face-to-face. The response was prompt after face-to-face to then meet with Regional Manager as final step. Offer was proposed at the completion of that meeting but, was held up roughly 3 weeks from starting which was fine as I was already currently employed.

Interview Questions

• -What business books have you read recently?
      -If a great customer of yours, on a Saturday called and really needed you to meet him as he was dealing with some heavy stuff, would you? What if it was your son/daughter's 7th birthday party?   Answer Question