The Garland Company Territory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Garland Company Territory Manager Interview Questions

3.5

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Garland Company.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and setup a phone interview. After the phone interview, a face to face interview was set up in their training center in Cleveland with the recruiter for 30 minutes. Then I met with the General Manager and was told to tell my life story. They had 2 more candidates to interview. The process from start to finish took less than two weeks. I did not receive an offer but would recommend this company to others. Overall a very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a wheeler dealer?   Answer Question
  • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Tell us what makes you tick   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Garland Company

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Garland Company.

Interview

It was very lengthy but, all part of the process. had various phone interviews and a personality quiz leading up to face-to-face. The response was prompt after face-to-face to then meet with Regional Manager as final step. Offer was proposed at the completion of that meeting but, was held up roughly 3 weeks from starting which was fine as I was already currently employed.

Interview Questions

• -What business books have you read recently?
      -If a great customer of yours, on a Saturday called and really needed you to meet him as he was dealing with some heavy stuff, would you? What if it was your son/daughter's 7th birthday party?
      Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews with recruiters and managers. Met in multiple locations with management. Seemed very professional and straight forward. They are looking for self starters and people who can work on an island. If you can not, then this is not for you.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that you can draw a circle better than me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Garland Company (Sacramento, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The Garland Company is very specific to the types of candidates they hire. They traditionally look for A players that can perform at high levels. My experience was great, from the first phone interview to the final face to face interview...I was treated with respect and was kept in the loop about each step of the process.

Ultimately, they decided to go with another candidate. I was disappointed but feel I had a fair shot of getting the offer. Overall experience was great. Be prepared to answer non-traditional interview questions as well as know why Garland works best for you. They like people who do their homework.

Interview Questions

• Work ethic...how many hours, what's your schedule, how many appointments, how much new business, etc.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Garland Company in June 2012.

Interview

I was very intrigued with this company's bonus potential of 25% and $75k base salary. However, after numerous interviews, they are looking for a "used car salesman" attitude. You basically are selling roofing repairs using Garland products, then have a third-party roofer do the repair. So needless to say you have to push very hard for the sale, because as recruiter told me you have to convince property owner to pay 25%-40% more than what is market price. The recruiter has never sold anything, so he was very unfamiliar with the sales process,his job was to find someone extremely aggressive in sales--not necessarily a professional salesman. I found the process to be a waste of time, not the typical Fortune 500 interview I'm used to. The warning signs went up for me in the beginning, I was just too intrigued with their promise to make $200k+ in 3 years. No car, no mileage, and no cell phone included with job.