The Goddard School Assistant Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2018

2.1

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Teacher Interview

Interview

Very polite. Real interview. Had me fill an application out and we were on our way . Very professional , I didn't get the job but they sent out a letter & didn't just ignore me. Would recommend

Interview Questions

• What's your teaching philosophy?   Answer Question
  • What hours could you work?   1 Answer
  • What is a time you had to work with a difficult parent?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if a lead teacher wasn't doing something right?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Goddard School

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Goddard School in May 2016.

Interview

I applied, then they emailed me setting up an in person interview. I went in about a week later, met with one of the directors. She asked a couple of simple questions, kept getting interrupted by phone calls. Then she gave me a tour and asked me to interact with the kids. That lasted for about 20 minutes and then she back to get to me and told me that I will hear from them in a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a child that bites?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Chesterfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Goddard School (North Chesterfield, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very easy, the director and office worker just at in the office with me and asked about myself. When did I ever work with kids, was there anything about kids that I did not like. simple basic questions that they need to know for protection of the children attending the program.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work Mon-Fri?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Yorktown, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Yorktown, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I knew of job openings, I emailed a brief letter of interest to the director, within two days I was contacted and brought in for an interview, followed up by background checks and reference checks.

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to interact with children?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Katy, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I filled out a brief application and then about a week later, they called to schedule an interview. I arrived at the place, filled out a paper application, and then I had the interview. Afterwards, I spent about 30 minutes with the classroom I applied for, spoke to the teachers, and interacted with the toddlers. Then, the interviewer will ask you how'd you think about the observation and the environment with the kids. Lastly, she scanned some documents to verify identification and scheduled me for a background check.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

They asked me questions, I was given a working interview, paperwork to fill out, asked for a background check and fingerprint process. The working interview lasted about one week. There were interviews with the owner, and a few directors. I was also observed by several teachers.

Interview Questions

• How do you change a diaper with proper infection control?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything. Not which age group I worked with, how much I got paid, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Chester, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

They met with me in the office it wasn't tense it was real chill. She asked me to name 3 children's books . Asked about my level of experience with children . Then she asked if I had felonies . I passed the interview with flying colors and was given the job on the spot it was a highlight of the week for me. Ended up being a great job.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Fairfield, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

easy one on one. Asked question, toured the school, talked about what they expect. Told me what I was required to do and the classes I needed to take and what clothes I needed to wear.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to be a teach and what kind of experience I have   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Olathe, KS) in November 2013.

Interview

I filled out a large number of questions regarding my thoughts on child care. During the actual interview, though, they just asked me about me and my life. They also asked me how much I wanted to be paid and when I could start.

Interview Questions

• How do you think children learn?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Fairly casual conversation with director of school in her office. No structured interview questions- she basically started off by asking me to tell her about myself (where I went to school, previous jobs...)