The Goddard School Co-Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Goddard School Co-Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at The Goddard School

2.5

Co-Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Goddard School.

Interview

I applied online and within 24 hours I got an email that they would like to set up a phone interview with me. We set a time for the following week. The morning of, they emailed me and asked if they could reschedule to 3 hours later in the day, which was fine. The HR person called and asked a series of questions and at the end of the interview asked if I could come to the school for an in person interview two days later. I went to the school and the education director met with me and we went to a classroom for the interview while the class was outside playing. She didn't seem to have any pre-written questions and asked a lot of the same questions I was asked in the phone interview as she shuffled through my resume. We switched classrooms as the kids were coming back in from outside. After a few more questions she asked if I'd mind meeting with the school director, so I was welcomed into the school director's office. The director admitted that she was just handed my resume and hadn't read over it at all and apologized if she asked some questions I already answered. She asked a lot of the same questions I answered in the phone interview and with the education director. At the end of the interview the director said they'd love to have me as a part of their team and they would email me an offer later that afternoon. I felt like I was an afterthought and was concerned by the lack of communication between the directors. They ask for a one year commitment at least and I couldn't see myself working there for a year.

Interview Questions

• What age group do you feel most comfortable working with?   Answer Question
  • What is your desired salary?   Answer Question
  • What would your classroom look like?   Answer Question
  • What percentage do you think should be teacher led activities and what percentage should be student led?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Goddard School

Co-Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Goddard School in December 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was called for interview a day or so later. I interviewed on a weekend day with a member of the office staff and then the owner. I was called the following Monday but didn't take the call. I called back Tuesday and said I'd give them an answer in a few days.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 best qualities? 3 worst?
      What activities would you do with toddlers?
      What would your friends say about you?
      Tell me about a time you had with a difficult child and how you overcame it?
      What would you do if you had a problem with a co-worker?   Answer Question

The owner spoke negatively about a current staff member by name to me (she mentioned I'd be working alongside this staff member). The owner also demonstrated a sexist attitude toward women, implying women gossip by nature and are back-stabbers. I toured the facility with the owner and noticed that many of the rooms were immaculate and beautiful but not developmentally appropriate. They were not bright and cheery but more suited for a hotel. Very muted. The students' artwork was scarce. I did not see unit blocks or books in the classrooms. The dramatic play area was a few dolls and a play kitchen. The owner did not demonstrate a thorough knowledge of early childhood and really only seemed interested in the money this venture brought. She complained that the Goddard logo was changing and that she'd have to pay for logo changes in her building.

It was evident that this owner did not have an early childhood background and she admitted she worked for a corporate HR office prior. I did not like the vibe I was getting from her.