The Goddard School Lead Pre-Kindergarten Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Goddard School Lead Pre-Kindergarten Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at The Goddard School

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was in depth and detailed. I was asked about my professional background and how I would handle certain situations. Additionally, I was asked about my teaching style and my ability to work with other people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Goddard School

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Denver, CO).

Interview

You will be called in for an interview with the director of the center, sometimes the owner or assistant director will be present. In my case, I only interviewed with the director. The director will ask you several questions about your experience and education, lesson planning, how you would deal with a student who is having behavioral issues or trouble adjusting to daycare, and how you would deal with a parent who is upset, and if you seem like you might be a good fit for the position, the director will ask you to do a working interview. During the working interview, you will spend about 1 hour in a classroom with a similar age group to the position that you applied for. You will get to interact with the students and ask the teachers in that classroom any questions that you might have.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a parent who came to you and was upset that their child lost his/her coat the day before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Shawnee, KS) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview was easy, and relatively quick. They asked questions like what type of learning you think works best. If you understand that they are a "learn through play" center and what that means. If you understand the type of environment you are striving to provide for children. What annoys you about children, what you love about children, your reason for wanting to teach, reasons that this job could be difficult and types of questions like that. They are great questions to ask because working in this type of setting is trying and difficult at times, so it is good to think through these questions to see if you will qualify for the position and enjoy your time working there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate pay. They started me low and I was able to get them to come up a little bit. Hard work will get you raises though. I got a dollar raise in 6 months. However, after that first raise it is hard to get them to budge. Negotiate benefits and time off and get it in writing. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING WITH SIGNATURE AND ASK FOR A COPY.