The Goddard School Lead Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Goddard School Lead Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at The Goddard School

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Akron, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and straight-forward. When I received a call to schedule an interview, I was only asked whether I was looking for a full-time or part-time position, what age range I would like to work with, and why I wanted to work with The Goddard School. When I went in for the actual interview, I spent about a half an hour in an office with the director (1:1), and then another half hour (ish) in a classroom with students. I brought with me a folder with my resume, references, a list of questions for the director, and preschool lessons that I've taught in the past. Overall, it was a very positive experience. Walking in, one immediately sees the value this school places on students' education, and feels at ease around the helpful staff.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were as I expected: Name one of your strengths, one of your weaknesses. Tell about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker.

The only question that threw me off a little was to explain what a good teacher looks like. It's something I was able to answer confidently, but did not expect.

There were some scenario questions, as well. What do you do when a child behaves...?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Goddard School

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Aurora, IL).

Interview

Applied online and director called me in for an interview.
    She asked if I brought my resume.
    I didn't because she never told me to AND there is an option on the application to upload your resume separately, which I did! No one else has ever asked me for my resume because I always upload it online or send it in an email.
    She said they like to move teachers around all the time instead of keeping them in one room. She also said they are hiring for several teachers/classrooms right now, which is a red flag for me, because this is NOT a new school. Why did all those teachers leave? High turnover is a big red flag.
    I left the interview knowing I didn't want to work there

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask any questions to see how I would be as a teacher.
      Most unexpected question was "Did you bring your resume?"
      It was submitted with the online application. Why would I bring another copy when she can just print it out?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in West Goshen, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (West Goshen, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

I answered an ad on the job board at my school by phone and got a phone interview with the owner the next day. They asked me to come in for an hour to meet the staff and interview me. Basic background questions. They then invited me back to put me in a classroom to observe and interact. This lasted for 45 mins followed by another half hour of interview questions. They told me they would call me in a few days and they did and made the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just accepted but should have negotiated

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Applied online, got a call to come in to interview a few days later. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Questions about financial class at former schools. Not difficult, just not a question I expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. They have a set salary. Told me at interview I would make 30-40k a year. Once hired, I was informed it was 12/hr instead.

Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Bel Air, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

Went in to fill out an application - standard application in the beginning. There was a couple of sentences that you had to fill in the blanks "I am happy when children____" "I get angry when children _____". There is also an "essay" questions about your philosophy on education. I filled this out and came in the following day for a formal interview. Met with the director, asked questions like "give 5 adjectives to describe your personality" "what is your philosophy on discipline" etc. Then was brought into a classroom so I could decide whether or not I was comfortable in the class. Total interview was less than 30 minutes. Got hired the next day!

Interview Questions

• Use 5 adjectives to describe yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Collierville, TN

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Collierville, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview time was Monday at 10 A.M.
    Day 1: Wonderful Interview! Loved getting to know the director and I was able to spend time in an classroom which also went well. I really enjoyed the other teachers in the room as well as the kids! I was however asked to come back the next day to meet the "owner"
    Day 2: Came back to meet the owner...she was rude and caused me to completely change my mind about working there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle aggressive children such as bitters or hitters?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview questions were very appropriate to the position applying for. Director and staff were all wonderful and very friendly. I filled out an application bc had only applied online. Available date was discussed. We did not discuss pay. Had to review application with owner. Overall, a great interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Saint Charles, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter online, and was contacted the next day. Set up an interview for the following day. I got to my interview 10 minutes early and filled out an application. Interview was straight forward, typicall questions for ECE job. We discussed salary and I was told I would here back monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delran, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Delran, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Two interviews. First one was with the director. Second with the owner. Third meet-up was the observation day. Got to visit the prospective classroom which is important, because some centers have weird rooms, and you definitely want to make sure everything is up to your standards.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Goddard School.

Interview

I am currently a classroom teacher and would like to make a change to teaching preschool. I really enjoy working with young children and I agree with The Goddard's School play based philosophy, so I applied online. The director and I corresponded through email and she was very understanding about me not starting until summer so I can finish the school year. She sent me the application and I completed it and sent back through email. A few weeks later she called and we set up a face-to-face interview for the following week. I met with the director and assistant director. I have to say that it was probably one of the nicest interviews I ever had. They really liked me and said they would like to talk to the owner and send me an offer. One week later I was informed that he could pay me $12.50 an hour. I was willing to take a pay cut but I can not afford to go that low. I asked for a couple dollars more, which he refused. I had to decline the job offer because I can't afford to take a $13k a year pay cut. I didn't expect a classroom teacher wage but his offer was ridiculous considering I am a licensed teacher with an advanced degree and over 10 years of experience working with young children. I still feel a bit disappointed but it's more important that I am able to feed my child 3 meals a day.

Interview Questions

• I dislike when children......?   1 Answer