The Goddard School Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Goddard School Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at The Goddard School

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Hendersonville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied, phone interview, in person interview with Owner and Director. The interview was a little intimidating but Leisa is very nice and extremely professional. After taking a tour of the school and meeting some of the teachers I was excited to get a call back! The whole Goddard learning environment is so fun and keeps you on your toes,

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in childcare?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Goddard School

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Rockville, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

It was very relaxed. They want to know your experience and professionalism when they speak to you. they want to know what you expect when it comes to pay. They need to know your state qualifications to be in a classroom.

Interview Questions

• Whats a difficult time that you had dealing with a child and what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Friendswood, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I met with the owner and was asked all the typical questions asked in the field. It was very positive and it was a relaxed interview. There are no trick questions and you aren't left wondering if you answered correctly. It is more conversation style as opposed to being left feeling like the interviewer is suspicious of you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? (I am assuming due to leaving a school district job)
      If you truly want to be an early childhood educator all of the questions are easy to answer.k   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Owner met with me and discussed my goals. Direct questions and opportunity to explain the requirements and what the philosophy of the school is. We also discussed background for owner and the other teachers in the classrooms. Responsibility for the students and how Goddard is a "learn through play" environment. I was asked my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What does your circle time look like?   1 Answer
    • What are your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Wilton, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online then received an email to schedule an interview. A week later meet with the director. She said she liked me and wanted me to come back to interact for about an hour with the kids. After that was offered the position. They really needed someone so everything went really quick.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child is misbehaving?   1 Answer
    • What activities would you interpret in your lesson plans?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was an unprofessional and disorganized experience. I would strongly advice against working for this company. Don't waste your time with an interview. Thanks for reading my review.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Bethesda, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview with the director who then ask me to come for a work interview, where I spent some time in the classroom, with and activity prepared for circle time

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/my experience, activities that I would do with the children   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Cedar Park, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview wasn't super difficult. I Filled out a form, and then they immediately had someone talk to me and asked almost they exact same questions i had just answered on the form. After that I was sent to sit in/help out in one of the classrooms. They called this a 'working interview'. Afterwards, I went home and on the way home they called me and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a child who was misbehaving (hitting, yelling, throwing toys)   2 Answers

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Goddard School.

Interview

The reception interviewed candidate, no greeting to candidates, no any smile at her face during interview. Tone and speed very dis-respect, rude and impatient.
    and there were another employee sitting in the same room, using her back towards candidate, never stand up. No idea what is her role.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join our school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiters reached out to me through email. In-person interview was very casual but lasted a few hours. Spoke with the owners and took a tour of the school. The owners and staff were very nice and helpful!